Prologue

Until We Meet Again

Hello Kryber fans! well I'm a shipper too and this is my first post! Please bear with me and all those mistakes. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Princess,

                It’s me your servant, I hope you’re fine,  We haven’t met each other for weeks now, I tried calling you but your phone is always busy. I’m sorry for what happened before, I said things that hurt you and I regret it. You always know that I got you right? But now I think there’s someone who will always accompany you and protect you from others more than what I did for you before. I want to let you know that I am happy for you and I always wish for your happiness. I will always be your servant.  

 

                                                                                                                                                   - Llama" 

Krystal carefully folded the piece of paper and placed it back to her book entitled “Tuesdays with Morrie” the one she gave amber to read way back then. The book Amber announced as her favorite, the book she can’t put down. Krystal gave a deep sigh and walked towards the door. Min hyuk and Jessica were waiting for her outside with a smile; she smiled back and hugged her sister tight. Turning to Min hyuk she held his arms and together they headed to the car.

 

Years before was different, whenever she opens the door of her dorm she always sees Amber, Luna, Sulli and Victoria fetching her during their shoots, interviews, performances and concert. They never forget to connect their index fingers and shout f(x) together. And Amber smiling at her and asking how her night was while giving a loving glance at her, her princess. Krystal was staring blankly outside the windows when she felt a hand touched hers.

 

“Is there any problem Soo Jung ssi?” That deep, cold voice coming from Minhyuk brought her back to her senses.

 

“oh, nothing.” She got her hand back and stared outside again.

 

After a few minutes of travel, they finally arrived at SM entertainment building where numerous news reporters, media men and the other three members of f(x) were waiting. Sulli welcomed her with a warm hug followed by Victoria and Luna.

 

“How’s our Soo Jung?” Victoria joyously exclaimed.

 

Min Hyuk unloaded the car and wrapped his hands on her shoulders. Luna looked at Krystal and forced a smile.

 

“I’m Fine” also forcing a smile, Krystal responded.

 

Krystal’s eyes scanned the area trying to find someone but Luna held her arms and shook her head in dismay.

 

“I need to talk to Krystal” Luna said looking at Min Hyuk’s eyes. The latter let go of Krystal and walked back to his car.

 

“Amber unnie recently sent a resignation letter to manager oppa”

 

“What?” Krystal asked quizzically.

 

“She said that her mother needs her back in the States that’s why she’s leaving.”

 

“No, that’s not true. She, she – “

 

“Soo Jung ssi, Amber unnie left us letters, one of the reasons why we’re here.”

 

Teary-eyed, Soo Jung, Luna and the other members walked towards the meeting room. Waiting for them was their ever-supportive manager holding a piece of paper and a box.

 

“As most of you know, Amber will be leaving the group next month, for now she still has last three performances together with the group before SM announces her decision to leave. She said that she needed some time with her mother in the States that’s why she needs to resign. ” F(x)’s manager said in his usual deep, husky voice.

 

“When is our next performance?” Victoria asked.

 

“The day after tomorrow, you’ll be performing La Cha Ta and chocolate love on Inkigayo as a special stage performance. Next week you’ll have electric shock and Chu and your last performance with Amber will be Nu-Abo, Airplanes, Electric Shock, Gangsta boy and Rum pum pum pum on Music Bank as a Goodbye stage and – “Krystal stood and ran outside even before he finished his sentence.

 

She ran upstairs to the roof deck where she usually stays with Amber; They always play tag and look at the view below while feeling the air touching their faces. Amber would usually smile at her and look through her eyes while tracing her face with her fingers. Those were the times she feels she’s free, free to be with someone she’s happy with.

 

“If you hold back on the emotions--if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them--you can never get to being detached, you're too busy being afraid. You're afraid of the pain, you're afraid of the grief. You're afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails. But by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your heard even, you experience them fully and completely.” Luna came beside her, joining her as they look at the city below.

 

“I also read the book you gave to Amber unnie, I saw it written on her bookmarks. I think those lines hit her most” She added

 

Tears fell down from Krystal’s eyes as she looked back at Luna; her face displayed so much sadness, different from what she was before.

 

“She said she’ll never leave me, She said I’m her Princess but why do things have to be –“ Krystal finally bursted in tears.

 

“Let’s go home, Amber unnie is still in our dorm.” Luna took Krystal’s hand and they left.

 

Victoria and Sulli were waiting for them in the lobby seeing Krystal’s face, they gathered to comfort her. Their manager drove them back to their dorm where they saw Amber about to leave.

“Hyung!” Sulli shouted even before she could get into the cab. Amber closed the door and told the driver to wait.

 

“Hey guys, you’re back!” Amber greeted them in her usual cheerful way.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Gonna buy things I’ll bring to LA”

 

“You’re doing it yourself?” Luna looked straight to her eyes.

 

“Yeah, see you later!” Amber turned back and went to the car.

 

“Stupid! How dare you leave me behind, I’ll go with you” Krystal pushed her and got into the car immediately, Amber followed and they left.

 

Inside the car, no one spoke a word even the driver felt the awkward atmosphere prevailing the car.

“uhm… where shall I take you?” finally, He spoke.

 

“To – “

 

“Dongdaemun” Krystal butted in while crossing her arms and looking outside. Amber looked at her and rested her back on the seat.

 

“Why do you need to leave?” Krystal asked in a very low tone still looking outside.

 

“I’m Sorry.”