Introduction

Slack Offs

 “Alrighty class! Who has homework?” Mr. Cho’s voice boomed throughout the room. All the chattering ended and sighs began.

“Mr. Park, do you have your homework?” Chanyeol shook his head, “Well, you see Oh Great Teacher Mr. Cho, Baekhyun stole it to copy it and never gave it back!!” Chanyeol exclaimed pointing at Baekhyun.

“Huh? What?” Baekhyun said lifting up his head. “Chanyeol claimed that you stole his homework. Is that true?” Mr. Cho asked. “I don’t know, I was asleep,” Baekhyun let it slip out of his mouth. “Now Chanyeol, I can’t say if that’s true or not, but—” Mr. Cho trailed off.

“Baekhyun! You were sleeping in my class?!”        

“No sir,” Baekhyun said as he bowed. “See me after class Mr. Byun,” Mr. Cho said sternly.

“Ahh. Miss. Kwon—one of my BETTER students,” Mr. Cho began so almost every student could hear him, “And… Oh! Lookie here. You have my homework… Completed, I hope?”

Heejin’s concentration was no longer on Mr. Cho, but on something more disturbing… More aggravating.

Mr. Cho simply turned his interest on whatever Heejin was looking at.

“MR. MIN!!” Mr. Cho yelled. It was Yoongi. He was always late to class. Most girls would swoon over him and his bad boy style, but for Heejin, he was a jerk.

“Let me see. You were late because you were completing my homework?” Mr. Cho said sarcastically.

“No sir. I have no excuse today,” Yoongi said on his way to his seat.

“That’s about the best excuse he’s ever had,” Heejin mumbled. Mr. Cho obviously heard her and said, “So you’re the one to talk with uncompleted homework?! See me after class.”

“But, Mr. Cho! I did finish it,” Heejin tried to make clear.

“Aha. Karma right?” Yoongi said making eye contact with Heejin.

“So everything is fun and games?! Yoongi, you too, see me after class,” Mr. Cho finished with a big clap. He began walking towards the black board.

“Ahh, kkaepsong,” Baekhyun whispered with a giggle.

 

“Today class, we will be solving this equation: f(x}^3)√2-5.”


After class, Heejin, Yoongi, and Baekhyun were all standing in front of Mr. Cho’s desk.

 

“I just don’t understand what is up with you three… You guys are my best students, but your behavior is unacceptable.”

 

“If you three don’t straighten up, I’m afraid you’ll be moved lower down the class list. Do you all understand?”

 

“Yes sir,” Yoongi, Baekhyun, and Heejin said in unison.

As they filed up to leave the room, Mr. Cho said, “You guys come back to my classroom Monday morning. I have important news.”


 “This is stupid. All stupid. I get punished because of a slack off. Makes total sense,” Heejin said to herself walking towards the school doors.

“Aishh… Really?! My grades are better than yours!” Baekhyun said as he passed by Heejin.

“No, not you . Him,” she said as they both turned their gaze upon Yoongi. He looked calm and nonchalant at what the teacher just scolded them for.

 “Wahhhh. Just because of one student, two has to go down. Brilliant,” Heejin tried to converse loudly with Baekhyun. Yoongi grinned to himself and shook his head.

“Yah! Mr. Badass,” Heejin said as she started to run towards Yoongi. He immediately turned around to the sound of her footsteps.

“What do you want?” Yoongi said coolly.

This was the closest Heejin has ever been to him. She noticed the slight bags under his eyes that she never acknowledged before.

“Hello?” Yoongi said waving a hand in Heejin’s face.

“Oh! Huh, what?” Heejin said flustered and confused. “Is there something you wanted to tell me?” Yoongi had a look of concern as he spoke. “Oh… No no nooo. I didn’t,” she replied.

Embarrassed, Heejin her heels and began speed walking home.

But before she got far, Baekhyun stopped her. “Yah! What’s your number?” “Why would you need to know that?” Heejin shot back. Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. “Okay. Give me your hand,” Heejin sighed as she ran back to him. She took out a marker and scribbled her number on his pale skin.“See yah Monday, I guess,” Baekhyun waved as they walked in opposite directions.