Maybe

Love In The Ice

Sunhwa let out a sigh as she peeked into the hospital room to find JiEun sitting on Changmin’s bed carrying a spoon pointed at Changmin’s mouth.

“C’mon oppa! Just one please~” Jieun cooed as she brought the spoon closer to Changmin’s lips. The boy opened his mouth to retort but was immediately interrupted by a spoon in his mouth.

Jieun’s phone rang and Sunhwa quickly moved away from the door. She heard Jieun’s high pitched voice bid a goodbye to Changmin, then there was a bit of shuffling. Next thing she saw was the girl scurrying through the hallway and down the stairs. Sunhwa took a breath then knocked on the door of Changmin’s hospital room.

Changmin looked up from the tray where his food laid. “Please tell me you brought it” he greeted as Sunhwa entered the room. The girl placed  a lunchbox in front of him, “as you requested. Just like what I made for you back then” she chuckled. Changmin quickly took off the cover and began digging in. “Ittastesevenbetter!” he muffled through a mouthful. “Just eat. You know, it doesn’t look like you’ve injured yourself at all. You’re still eating like you’ve been hauled up in an island or something. Yet you’re just using one hand…” Sunhwa commented. The boy swallowed what he was chewing and pointed the spoon at her, “just for the record, I didn’t start that hockey brawl. I tried to stop it and ended up with a broken leg and a sprained wrist”. “Yeah whatever you big hero” she rolled her eyes at him.

As he moved to finish his meal, Changmin scooped up a spoonful and directed it towards Sunhwa who was sitting at the foot of his bed, across the tray.

“Aaah!” Changmin called to her. Sunhwa shifted her attention from the window to him. He flicked the spoon a little, urging her to take it. “No that’s yours, I already ate” she replied. But he kept bringing it towards her. “Aaaah~” he said again. She rolled her eyes and followed. The moment the spoon was out of , Changmin kissed the tip of her nose.

For a moment they stayed still, a mere inch between their faces, Changmin with a grin, Sunhwa’s eyes wide in surprise, and everything else flet like it doesn’t exist.

Sunhwa quickly chewed the food and gulped it down. “W-what was that?!” she half screamed. Changmin leaned back with a chuckle. Sunhwa playfully slapped his good arm which made him laugh harder. She then followed it up with more gentle slaps. “I can’t believe you just did that!” she giggled, not able to contain her blush. She stopped hitting him and then looked away.

As Changmin’s laughter quieted down, he asked, “What’s wrong?”.  “Won’t your girlfriend mind that I’m visiting you?” Sunhwa replied. The boy grinned mischievously and said nothing. Sunhwa turned to him as she noticed his lack of response. “Yah! What are you smiling about?” she scolded.

“I don’t have a girlfriend” he answered.

Sunhwa’s jaw fell. “What about Jieun?” she asked. “We were never together. I told her clearly but she said she won’t give up and I just let her do what she wants” Changmin coldly replied. “You are so mean. You shouldn’t give her hope! You’re gonna break the poor girl’s heart” Sunhwa slapped his good arm again.

“Then get back with me” Changmin blurted out, “we can make it work this time.”

Sunhwa stopped hitting him and stared for a moment. She didn’t know what to say; half of her wanted to say yes but another part of her is nagging her that doing that would be a bad idea. She quickly stood up and opened to speak but the right words escaped her. She turned around and shuffled towards the door. She stopped halfway then turned to Changmin to say something but cat got her tongue so she turned around again and ran out.

 

Terribly sorry about the slow updates! I'm working on it, I swear. Thank you for reading!!! -Frosty