Afterthoughts

Mystical Love

Finally after two years! *pops confetti* I’m so, so glad this story finally reaches its closure with the alternate ending. Yes guys, One of These Nights is the alternate ending to the first one, the one I posted as Even If Ten Years Pass, not the epilogue. Obviously because it’s an alternate ending, like a parallel world sorta ending, some events that happened in Even If Ten Years Pass probably didn’t in One of These Nights. Like, for example:

  1. Chorong didn’t die in Even If Ten Years Pass. She lived on while Bomi reincarnated, becoming the orphaned child Chorong found and adopted.
  2. Taeyeon probably never did reunite with Tiffany in One of These Nights, since the catalyst (Chorong getting invited to Namjoo and Hayoung’s engagement) never happened as well.

Which one is the canon ending? Well, whichever you prefer, actually. I always think of Even If Ten Years Pass as ‘the realistic ending’, because when you are reincarnated shouldn’t you start again from the very beginning? That’s why if Chorong lived then Bomi would be younger than her. Whereas I think of One of These Nights as ‘the ideal ending’, one that ends as the beginning of Chorong and Bomi’s new relationship, as they promised in the final flashback, (those checking if that flashback was in the previous chapters, sadly no).

BTW, some of you might be left wondering with questions:

  1. What happened between TaeNy in their college days? (Even If Ten Years Pass. See my reason below)
  2. What will happen to Eunji? Will she ever meet Naeun again? (Both chapters ended without conclusion to this, which is intentional tbh)
  3. Why did you left Ilhoon’s fate hanging? (kkk poor guy)
  4. Will Joohyun ended up with Ms. Kang? (One of These Nights. I ship SeulRene and teacherxstudent romance is my secret guilty pleasure XD)

I’ll let those questions open for you to create your own headcanon. Tbh I wanted to do a TaeNy oneshot (or multishot maybe), basing it on the above question, but that probably will never happen. I had it all planned, too, down to the ending (more like foregone conclusion at this point) but whatever. Let that be a story they kept forever, since they’ve already somewhat reconcile in Even If Ten Years Pass (not in One of These Nights tho). Oh, and I won’t write a sequel of this. I think I ended this right, no need to prolong the storyline.

Well, this has been a roller-coaster ride, even with the two years of inactivity. Some people even left comments below when the stamp clearly said this hadn’t been updated for two years. :”)

I’d like to thank you all, either those who had followed this story from the very beginning, those who started from the middle, or even those who just discovered this while it’s on hiatus. I don’t think I could meet nicer bunch of people anywhere in this world except here, in AFF. Thank you, thank you so much everyone! I’m so glad you all existed. I love you all <3

 

Blue_periwinkle, signing out :”)