Final

The Brown Eyed Man Story by --OhDee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

"Check his pulse" 

An audible sound made him slightly stir on his spot. His throat aching for something moist as his fingers twitch as a brief breeze came in contact with his skin. 

The noise got louder and louder. Like his ears were about to bleed from deafness. He opened his mouth slightly and a sluggish sound came out of his throat as he threaten to peer an eye. 

"Kris.."

Gasping, his eyes shot wide open and his senses came to him slowly and painfully. His ragged breathing echoing the white room as he try to decipher everything.

The Hospital. 

Same room. Same smell. 

A pang of pain consumed his heart as he looked around the room he grew up in. For 7 years he had been breathing hospital air and it was something he was used to. Mentally ill and was viewed as a threat to his family. The family that chose to forget him completely.

He slowly sat up and one of the closest nurse jenna guided him like an older noona would do to a little brother. He gave her a thankful nod and she ruffled his hair affectionately, making him look away.

She was a tall woman who had dark hair and toned skin. Her nose prominent and sharp. In other words, she was a beauty and was thankful that she was always there to guide him, although he cant show it, whether he went through feral or not.

"Are you hungry dear?" She asked.

"No" He rasped and eyed the water on the bedside. Seeing this. she grabbed the water and made him sip.

"We're moving you in another room," She said in a whisper and he stopped, looking at nothingness. Nevertheless, she was already fond of his answer and it was definitely a no. There were many reasons why he didn't want to move. He grew up in this room and his family had been here once when they dropped him. Their scent lingering on the couch and through the walls. He won't give it up.

She stared at him, eyes begging. "You need a safer room, closer to the doctors so when you..." She sighed, closing her eyes in stress. From the side if his eyes, he already knew what she meant, but giving it up is not an option he is willing to pick. 

"Please. It's for your own good and for everyone else .."


Everyone else.

 

 

"Where do you find an ice cream store around here?" Dara pouted as she spoke to her best friend on the phone. She scowled hearing the other groan in response.

"It's a mental hospital, idiot so there are no ice cream there" Dara scowled at her friend's tone.  Although her friend, Bom was an independent woman, she was also a crazy terminator who hated fantasies and other things dara believes in.

Dara heaved a tired a sigh. It was a rather long day after dropping a visit to her mother who was mentally sick. She had always hated the noise greeting her whenever she comes in. Wails, Screams, a plead for help..

"Dara" Her friend's voice broke her out of her reverie.

"I have to go Bom, I still have to help move mom's things to her new room" She palmed her moist forehead. The sweat clinging to her skin.

"Alright. If you need anything, don't even hesitate to call me" She rolled her eyes and checked the time. Bom was being a naggy grandma again. 

"I know what you're thinking" Bom could feel the irritation in her friend's voice and she gave a hearty laugh.

"Yeah, yeah" With a click. she shut off her phone.

"Ms. Park"

A tall woman with a white coat acknowledge her and she bowed her head in full respect.

"Please come with me," The nurse smiled and lead her down the hall to a certain room.

As soon as they got to their destination, she looked around. The room was rather big and the couch were white and new. Everything screams expensive. 

"Are you sure we're in the right room..?" She dumbly asked. She couldn't afford this room.

The nurse chuckled at her expression and instead of answering, she fixed the pillows. "This room is very special, Miss. The payment has been cut down in half, thanks to your father" The nurse gave her an assuring smile and she sighed in relief. 

"Please make yourself comfortable. We'll take your mother up after the doctors take a look at her." 

Dara could only nod as she wandered around the room, familiarizing herself. The nurse bowed and walked out leaving Dara in her own world. She stared at the knickknacks hanging in the wall, the large window on the walls. Walking over, she smiled. The view was breathtaking and it would be a good environment for her Mom. While humming a song, she noticed a few books on the bed side scattered. Walking over, she bend down and grabbed one. It was a foy porter book. A book filled with literature.


She frowned.


Who was in this room? She couldn't understand, this was all confusing to her. Was there actually a mentally ill patient reading these books?

"Impossible.." She breathed out.


"May I please have that, ma'am"


Dara froze on her spot, caught red handed. She came up with apologies in her head as she slowly stood up, her back facing the person.

"I'm sorry... I" She closed her eyes and cursed lowly.

"Kris, what are you doing out of bed?"

A familiar voice caught her senses, it was the nurse. She thanked the Gods above.

"I forgot my books noona" 

There was no anger, nor urgent in his voice. Devoid with emotions. She had the urge to turn around and look at him.

"Go back to your room, I'll bring them back in a few, okay?"

The next thing she heard was the closing of the door and she heaved a long sigh. It was the most awkward moment in her life. 

"I apologize for that, Miss Park" The nurse chuckled and Yeoju turned around with a nod.

"No, it's completely find" She chuckled awkwardly and stared down at the book. The nurse followed her gaze, he's one of the smartest people I've encountered.

what

Dara sat on the bed and opened the book. It was filled with scribbles.. filled with poems and beautiful sayings. She touched the letters and sighed to herself.

"Who is he..?"

The nurse sat beside her and grabbed the book out of her hand. She felt like, the nurse was going to explain everything to her. 

"A very special young man" 

That's it

She chuckled at Dara's expression and closed the book. "A good man" She nodded, and stood up. Leaving her dumbfounded

She stared at the door of his room. With her ice cream secured in her arm a she bite her lips in anxiety. She lifted a hand to knock.

10 minutes later

"Is there anything you need, Miss?" A handsome doctor came over to her slump body next to the closed door. She looked up and her eyes widened. "Oh! sorry" She stood up in an instant as she dust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter