Bite

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++At MBLAQ’s Manor++++++++++++++++++++++

“So, what brings you and your guys over here, Du Jun?” Seungho questioned BEAST’s leader.

“Well, we heard news about your little new member.” Du Jun replied as he gestured his hand over to me.

“You better not be doing what I think you’re doing….” G.O. said in a menacing tone after he adjusted his seat.

Ah yes, I’ve forgot to mention I’m currently sitting in between Joon and Mir for some reason voluntarily wanted to do so right after we returned to the dorm with BEAST. The group I’ve just recently met and learned about. Apparently, they’re the student council for ….High School which is just a few blocks away from ours. And it looks like they’re not on good terms with MBLAQ. Why are they so interested in me anyway?

“We mean no harm. Yoseob just wanted to have a little chat with her, that’s all.” Kikwang explained.

“Sorry, but could you excuse us?” Yoseob stood up and took my hand.

“H..Hey!” I could hear Mir shout as Yoseob dragged me away.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Sorry, thought you needed some air.” Yoseob apologized.

“It’s ok. You were right.”

“Heh, you’ve changed a lot since we last met.” He said.

“Same thing goes for you. You’re a lot taller I teased. Where have you been? Ever since you left when we were seven, I couldn’t contact you no matter how hard I tried.”

“Ah, that… something cropped up. Sorry, for leaving so suddenly…” He apologized again.

“Don’t worry. What matters is that you’re alright isn’t it?” I cheered him up with a big smile. He didn’t respond. Just stood there looking down at his feet. I see he still haven’t changed his habit.”

“Say, are you wearing contacts?” I asked him after noticing a change in his eye colour since the last time we met. I remembered clearly it’s always a natural black.

“Huh? Y.. Yes. Forgot to mention that. Haha. Blue tint suits me don’t you think?” He stuttered.

“I guess so…”

“They’re coming. I’ve got to go. Here take this.” He said and handed me a piece of paper.

“Don’t let anyone see it, alright? Bye ^^” He did his signature smile and went back to the living room. Hold on, coming? Who is…?

Joon suddenly ran in right after Yoseob left.  “You alright? Where is he?” He asked.

“Just left.” I replied. Are all smart guys this good at guessing?

“I see. The others left too. He didn’t do anything weird right?” Joon asked me as he looked up and down at me suspecting anything’s off.

“No. Come on, he’s my friend. Aren’t you guys blowing things way out of proportion. BEAST looks fine to me. What are you guys so cautious about?”

“They’re not what they seem to be. Just be careful alright? Remember don’t be late for dinner.” He said and left. Good. Finally some privacy. I took out the paper Yoseob gave me.

 

 

 

Come to our place later. I’ve got something to tell you. Keep it a secret from the others, ok? Thanks a lot. I’m glad you’re still the same old …..

Address:………………………….

                                                                           Yoseob

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++BEAST’s Manor+++++++++++++++++++++

“You guys really flaunt all your money don’t you?” I asked as I entered. Similar and as extravagant as MBLAQ’s dorm. Just different furniture brands, that’s all.

“Ah, she’s here?” I heard Yoseob all the way from the hall as Dong Woon, the youngest member guided me to where the other members were.

“Hello again.” He greeted me. I bowed and sat down.

“As abrupt as it sounds, we would like to ask a favour from you” Yoseob said in a solemn tone.

“W..What is it?” I asked.

“Could you… quit from MBLAQ?”

“What!? Why would I?”

“They’re not what they seem to be (your name)…. They’re… dangerous.” He tried to reason.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. They’re fine to me. They’re all friendly and polite. Not rude jerks like you guys. I’m leaving.” I took my stuff and headed to the door. So much for meeting Yoseob. I walked until I bumped in to Junhyung. What? He appeared out of nowhere. How did he??

“We’re not done yet. Please stay a little longer.” Junhyung blocked my path and forced me to return.

“Do you really know MBLAQ?” Hyunseung questioned me.

“I’ve only lived with them for 2 days. I don’t think I’ve learned much but the least I know is that their good guys.”

“Really?” Du Jun scoffed.

“How would you react if you knew the truth? I’m sure they have acted strangely around you am I wrong?” Kikwang asked.

“A little. Other than coincidentally predicting things correctly and taking strange drinks, they’re pretty much normal.”

“Ah, do you mean this?” Du Jun asked as he took a cup of water from the table in front of him. He rustled his pocket and took out a few pills. He put them in the water and it dissolved. Changing it to red.”

“They’re blood tablets.” Yoseob added.

“Blood tablets? What are they? Vampires?” I joked.

“Would you be surprised if we told you they are?” Junhyung said.

“Please, you expect me to believe something like that?”

“Mind-reading, memory erasing, future predictions. Some of the attributes that vampires possess. Not to mention immense strength, speed and healing capabilities. Doesn’t it all add up to their strange behaviors ?” Hyunseung said.

“You need more proof than that to convince something so absurd to me.”

“Would you believe me if I did this then?” I turned my attention to Yoseob.  He grabbed me by the collar and smashed me against the wall. Fast. Too fast. I couldn’t even see what happened. I could only feel it. My body started to make me believe after administering the pain that hit my back. It hurts.

“Speed and strength. Do you believe now?” He asked me with his hands still around my neck, holding me against the wall. I winced as I felt the pain. I managed to face him. His eyes are different now. An ice blue colour tint in them this time. He’s changed. Much colder than the Yoseob I used to know.

“L..Let go.” I managed to say under my breath. He ignored my pleas.

“……. I envy you. You spent ten years living a perfectly normal human life. Whereas I spent a decade suffering from my fate. You have no idea how much I envy you. When I found out you were still alive and living happily, I was relieved. Yet, somewhere deep in my heart I felt it was wrong. I went through so much pain. Isn’t it fair that you go through the same cruel experience I did?

My heart throbbed at his threat. Too much is happening. Vampires? Does this explain all their weirdness? Sleeping habits and so on? If so, what have I gotten myself into?

Yoseob pulled my face closer to his. Close enough to feel his body heat. Wrong. There wasn’t any body heat. In fact, he felt cold. Really cold. Like ice. He isn’t human anymore huh?

“I’ll make you taste the pain I felt. I’ll destroy your life…” His last words echoed in my head as he pulled himself closer to my neck.

“Joon, save me.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Joon’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*CLANG*

The sound shook the quiet hallway as I dropped the plates. What was that? What did I just see?

“Yah, hyung! What are you doing?” Mir shouted at me as he came from the kitchen.

I didn’t care. I rushed to ……’s room to confirm my fears. It can’t be. It can’t be. It can’t be. I swung the door room open. No one. She’s gone. I paid no attention to Mir’s questions. I heard them, I just didn’t have time to care.

“….’s gone! She’s at BEAST’s and she’s in big trouble. Hurry, I’m heading first!” I told him and dashed off.

The forest surroundings brushed past me like when you fast-forward a movie. I ran as fast as my vampire legs could take me. I could hear the others were following behind. Please don’t let me be too late. Don’t let my vision come true!

I’ve  reached BEAST’s  manor. I braced myself for the worst as I dashed through the door. I didn’t have to stop to think where to go. It’s strong. I could smell blood. …….’s bleeding. I ran till I found them. I didn’t want to see this. Anything but this.

“You’re late Joonie.” Yoseob said with his mouth still covered in blood.

……. ..  lied infront of him. Sprawled on the floor. Her clothes and body all bloodied.

“J…Joon. Help me.” I heard her plea desperately.

Damn it.

 

-End-