Final

Rebound

"This is embarrassing." Se Hun looked at Eun Jung. He sighed, it was obvious that the girl wasn't even listening to him. Her eyes were pinned on the most popular guy in their university, the guy who stole his best friend's heart. Yep. That guy was none other than Lu Han.

Ever since the two met each other 'accidentally' at a mall, Eun Jung fell head over heels for him already. She asked Se Hun to help her execute a plan; Meet and Talk to Lu Han, in which the younger boy couldn't resist. How can he even resist her? Eun Jung would just show him her infamous pleading puppy-like eyes and he'll say yes right away. He sighed for the nth time, remembering that day.

 

 

"How do I look?" Eun Jung asked SeHun, dusting off the dress she's wearing since she found out that Lu Han likes girls who dresses cutely and girly.

SeHun eyed her from head to toe, his heart inside his chest was beating loudly and he wondered why Eun Jung didn't even take notice of it. And a thought hit him. Eun Jung never noticed him. "You look fine." Beautiful, to be exact. Se Hun scolds himself for being too cowardly to say those words out loud. But then a thought hit him again. If he was outspoken with his words, will Eun Jung finally notice him then?

Eun Jung smiled at her best friend, turning around to see if Lu Han was already at the entrance of the mall. A classmate of hers (who is also a friend of Lu Han) told her that he'll go to the mall today and so she pulled up this plan with Se Hun to finally meet him in person and get a chance to talk to him. Yep. She's that desperate.

"I was just wondering..." Se Hun asked and Eun Jung hummed in reply. "Why don't you just ask your classmate to introduce you to him?"

"Because I want our first meeting to be so romantic." Eun Jung smiled dreamily, hands on her cheek as if imagining what will happen to her and Lu Han later. Se Hun could only watch her, a small sad smile appeared on his lips. "Oh look! It's Lu Han!" Eun Jung pointed near the entrance of the mall where Lu Han entered, looking handsome and making her fall in love all over again. "Remember our plan, okay?" She glanced at Se Hun and looked back at Lu Han quickly, afraid she'll lose him in sight. Se Hun nodded his head, sighing deep.

 

 

"Here you go, Sir. Enjoy." Lu Han smiled back at the cashier personnel as he took his order of bubble tea from her. He was about to take a sip when he heard a girl crying a few meters away from him. Curious, he glanced at the two, a girl and a boy who were having a conversation. The boy is patting the girl on her back, it's as if he's trying to make her stop from crying.

"He's looking this way." SeHun reminded Eun Jung in a light whisper and the girl cried harder. He fought back the urge to roll his eyes, he thinks this idea is absurd. But then it is Cho Eun Jung. She's unpredictable.

"Miss?"

The two stopped, they both knew whose voice that was. Eun Jung looks up at him and her heart skipped a few beats. He really looks like an angel... So flawless. So handsome. Her mind thought, cheeks blushing in light pink.

"Miss? Are you okay?" Lu Han asked lightly, the tone of his voice was slightly worried. Eun Jung nodded her head and her eyes widened more when Lu Han leaned his hand and wiped away her tears. He held her gently, as if he was too scared she'll break in his touch. "Are you sure?" 

"Umm, yeah." Eun Jung answered, standing up from her seat and she trips on her heels but Lu Han was quick enough to catch her in his arms. He was holding her by her waist, their eyes met and Se Hun stood there staring blankly at the two. He looked away and cleared his throat, he wanted that moment to last as quick as possible. Lu Han and Eun Jung snapped back to reality, both of them were blushing lightly this time as they pulled away from each other's warmth. Eun Jung smiled shyly, biting her lower lip. "Sorry." She apologised, looking down and quite embarrassed. Though deep inside, her heart was going to explode any time.

"It's alright." Lu Han smiled brightly at her and even offered her his bubble tea. "Here. You can have it... Miss?" He questioned, referring to her name.

Eun Jung looks up to him and thought that this guy has so many things inside him that kept on surprising her. "Umm, I'm umm..." She tried to breathe properly, taking his bubble tea offer. "I'm Eun Jung."

"It's nice to meet you Eun Jung. My name is Lu Han." The angel-like guy replied sincerely and there he is once again, showing off his precious smile.

Se Hun actually thought that their plan wouldn't work, but Lu Han stayed and joined them. He walked a step behind the two as they comfortably chatted with each other that if you don't know them, you would think that they're friends. Yep. That's how comfortable the two were and damn, it's killing Se Hun painfully and very slowly.

Lu Han is a rich guy from China who is an exchange student in Korea and so he paid for their lunch and their dinner. Great, another points for him. Se Hun stared again at the two, they looked like a couple on an anniversary dinner date. Smiling to each other's jokes, complimenting one another, sometimes Lu Han would lean closer to Eun Jung and whisper God knows what. He couldn't do anything about it though. He couldn't do anything but just to turn and look away.

"Wow. We really didn't notice the time." Eun Jung glanced at her wristwatch that says 10pm. Lu Han nodded his head, agreeing.

"Yeah. But I had fun." He stated, making Eun Jung's heart skipped its beats again. Does this mean he already likes her? That she's got a chance to be his girlfriend? "And I have to go now so umm, see you two in school?" Lu Han asked and Se Hun just nods a little, his face looked so bored but he did force himself to smile at the Chinese guy.

"Umm, yeah! Of course..." Eun Jung smiled at him, a smile that didn't reached her eyes because the two of them have to go on separate ways now, that the fairy tale already ended.

"Okay. Bye." Lu Han stepped inside the cab, waving back at Eun Jung who was staring at the vehicle even if it's already gone on sight. Se Hun lets her remain like that for a good five minutes. He realized that his best friend is really in love with this Lu Han guy. He asked himself: Should he give up or not? But a thought hit him for the nth time that night. What's there to fight for from the beginning? He never had a chance anyway, right?

 

 

Lu Han walks as he talks with his friends, smiling and laughing that made Eun Jung smile too because in her point of view, Lu Han is the most perfect human being in the world. He smiles perfectly, he frowns perfectly, he acts and lives in this world perfectly. Se Hun kept his hands inside his pants' pockets and waits on how will his best friend approach the Perfect Lu Han this time.

"Oh, right. I remember that." Lu Han said, totally into the conversation with his best bud Kim Minseok. Minseok's also considered as one of the campus populars and Se Hun is not interested in knowing more about them. All he got was Eun Jung from the start. Eun Jung is enough.

"Umm..." Eun Jung was hesitating to raise her hand and wave at him but Minseok saw her and probably told Lu Han that she was calling for his attention. The two guys looked at her with kind smiles on their faces. Soon, the three of them are talking, Se Hun was on the side; just listening. Or acting as if he was listening.

"Minseokkie. This is Eun Jung. I met her at the mall yesterday." Lu Han introduced Eun Jung to Minseok and vice versa, both of them shook their hands and greeted each other. "Oh, and her best friend is… Se Hun. Right?" Se Hun looked straight at Lu Han, the word he used to describe him sends chill inside his body.

"Right. I'm just Eun Jung's best friend." Se Hun said and they all felt the sudden tension. That's when Se Hun forced himself to smile. "I'm Oh Se Hun." Minseok smiled back at him and the bells rang, signaling that the classes are about to start. Eun Jung frowns, she didn't even had a minute to talk to Lu Han but to her surprise, the boy invited her to eat lunch with his friends later. Se Hun wished she'd turn the offer down, but it was Eun Jung to decide. She was Eun Jung and he was Lu Han, why did he ever doubt she'll say no to him.

 

 

"Eun Jung's not sharing the table with us today?" Baekhyun asked, looking at the table near the windows. It's the table reserved for the campus populars only. Eun Jung was seated next to Lu Han and they are obviously having fun judging from their smiles and laughter. Se Hun looked away, he's been staring at her for minutes now and wondered how could he still bare all of this? He starts to eat, expecting everything are about to change now that Eun Jung and Lu Han are friends. "Yah, are you alright?" Baekhyun asked him again and he just responded with a nod. Of course he's okay. He has no right not to feel okay with Eun Jung's happiness. He wanted to see her smile every second, every minute of his life and if her being with Lu Han will make her happy, he's definitely okay with it.

"I'm okay." Se Hun claimed but he knew he’ll spent a night in his room again, listening to old senti music while crying himself to sleep.

 

 

"I can feel it. Eun Jung and I are drifting apart from each other." Se Hun told Baekhyun. They're at the cafeteria and the midterm exams just finished. As usual, Eun Jung's with Lu Han and their friends, being too loud and noisy at their table. It's been weeks and Eun Jung obviously now belongs to the the group of campus populars. She barely hangs out with Se Hun and Baekhyun anymore, even not having the time to check up on the two. It's as if Eun Jung never met nor befriended them. It's as if Eun Jung never existed in their lives.

"Told you, you should've made a move on her before." Baekhyun says, munching on his nachos. Se Hun agreed silently, staring at no where as he recalls that day way back when they're in high school.

 

 

"Why don't you make a move on her?" Se Hun looked at Baekhyun as the latter gulps on his juice. "Make her fall in love with you. You have to make her laugh. Girls like guys with a great sense of humor, you know." Baekhyun added and the maknae sighed, leaning on the couch.

"I can't." Se Hun said, looking down on his hands. Baekhyun asked why and the younger answered, "Because each time she laughs, I am the one who falls in love."

 

 

And so Se Hun waited for years until he and his best friend reached college. They grew closer and comfortable with each other and it's as if neither one of them can stand being alone. Se Hun was finally going to confess to her, carrying sufficient amount of courage and confidence in his heart until Lu Han came and ruined all of his plan.

One Sunday night, he was inside his room playing LOL when he received a message from Eun Jung.

I'm outside your house.

He literally jumped out of his seat and looked outside his window, saw Eun Jung at the porch sitting alone and looking so... Down. He did not waste anymore time and quickly went downstairs, his heart thumping fast and as selfish as it may sound but he wished she found out a thing about Lu Han that would make her un-love him and love him instead.

"Eun Jung?" Se Hun said, almost whispering. The girl looked up to him and with teary eyes she hugged him tight. Se Hun was a bit startled, couldn't think of what to do right at that moment. Should he hug her back or not? Hesitantly, Se Hun chose the first option. He lightly wrapped his arms around her, patting her very gently on her back. Why was she crying? Did something really happen? Se Hun gulped, his heart was beating rapidly. "H-Hey... What is it Eun Jung? What happened?"

Eun Jung sniffed, slowly pulling away from the hug and Se Hun groaned quietly. She wiped her tears away, smiling at him very brightly and happily.

Those were tears of joy? Se Hun felt himself nervous as he was hearing the answers to all of his questions.

"Lu Han and I are exclusively dating now, Se Hun." Eun Jung announced, the news that made his knees go weak, that just made his eyes burst into tears. Se Hun remained silent, unsure of what to say. Congratulations? I'm happy for the two of you? Were those words perfect enough?

But no. Se Hun wasn't really happy about the news. He was broken in every painful way there is. He was devastated, he feels unlucky because Baekhyun was right. He had the chance but he wasted it. With a hoarse voice, he managed to say, "Wow. That's... Great news."

"I know! That's why I wanted you to be the first one to know about it." Eun Jung beamed and her phone rings, excusing herself to pick up the call from Lu Han. She moved away, but their talk was loud enough for Se Hun to hear. And it shattered him to pieces.

Damn it, Oh Se Hun. Don't you dare cry in front of her. He told himself and when Eun Jung says she's going to meet up with Lu Han, he didn't think twice before saying yes. He wished her good night and Eun Jung bids him farewell, walking away from his house happily without knowing that the guy who used to be her best friend is falling to pieces.

 

 

Se Hun accepted the fact that Eun Jung wouldn't be there for him at times he'll need a friend aside from Baekhyun. That's why he befriended a new set of people when his second year started. He gained new friends at the enrollment and exchanged numbers with them.

"Se Hunnie!" A Chinese guy whom Se Hun met at the enrollment called his name. He even waved at Se Hun and the latter smiled lightly, entering the room that's going to be his classroom for the whole semester. "Here. I saved you a seat!" The Chinese guy grinned and Se Hun doesn't know why but it's actually freaking him out. Maybe because it's the first time someone aside from Eun Jung and Baekhyun did something nice to him.

"Huang Zi Tao, right?" Se Hun asked for his name and the Chinese guy nodded his head eagerly. He smiled a little, sitting down on the chair this Tao guy reserved for him. He then looks around the classroom, there were some familiar faces from last year and some he saw for the very first time. He stopped and sighed, realizing that he and Eun Jung aren't classmates again. As if you two would have a quality time together if ever both of you became classmates again. His mind scolded him for feeling things he shouldn't feel anymore. Eun Jung is now with Lu Han and the two are a happy couple, said the ones that follows them on sns. There's no chance anymore and the only thing he must do was to give up and focus his mind on something else.

But the fate seems to like toying with his feelings. He saw Eun Jung outside the classroom, Lu Han dragging her quite harshly and he's wearing this kind of frown on his face. A very furious frown. The two were like having an argument that ended with Lu Han pulling his hand away from her. Eun Jung stepped forward and tried touching him but he shrugged her off, walking away leaving Eun Jung alone on the hallway. Se Hun wanted to get up from his seat and rush to her aid, but who was he to do that anyway? Eun Jung had shut him out of her life months ago, right? What guarantees him that Eun Jung's going to need his help? So he watched her stand there, imagining her eyes sad, cheeks tainted with dried tears. A few more minutes passed when a professor walked in and talked to her, he saw how her hands went up to her cheeks to wipe away those tears. He saw how her lips curled up into a forced smile and nodded her head, entering the classroom with their professor. "Take your seat, Miss Cho." Eun Jung nodded her head in response and looked around for a vacant seat when Se Hun's and her eyes met. The latter's eyes widened, he wet his lips and flashes her an awkward smile. Eun Jung walked towards Se Hun and sat on the chair behind him.

"Yah, Oh Se Hun." Eun Jung greeted him and Se Hun couldn't help but to look back at her.

"Annyeong." He replied simply and short, his heart was making it hard for him to breathe. She still looks the same old Cho Eun Jung that he knew since they're little. Just that she’s girlier and more feminine now.

Eun Jung took out her notebook and whispered, "It's been a while."

Se Hun turned and looked ahead. "Yeah."

 

 

"Bye!" Tao waved at the two happily as the bus drives away. Se Hun and Eun Jung are at their bus stop already while Tao has three more stops to go.

"He's cute." Eun Jung smiled at Se Hun and he frowned. What now? She has already fallen for another guy? Eun Jung laughed and playfully pat Se Hun on his arm. "Alright alright! You're cuter!"

Se Hun then forgets about the reason why he was frowning. He saw it again. Her smile. Wonderful smile and laughter. But he wondered why it wasn't the same, totally different from before. Her smiles doesn't reach her ears anymore. Her laugh seems to be forced, like she's trying to make everyone believe that she's happy and that she’s feeling alright. "We umm, we better start walking." He suggested and Eun Jung agreed, walking with him to their respective houses. It's actually funny how they couldn't hang out when they just live two doors away from each other. Se Hun sighed, scolding himself again for feeling bad about how they’ve drifted apart. About how he just allowed everything to fade away. "So..." Se Hun initiated a conversation. There you are again. Trying to make her yours. Tch, Oh Se Hun. When will you ever learn your lesson? "How are you and Lu Han?" He didn't know why he actually initiated a topic based on the two. He wanted to know what's happening between them though. He may feel hurt in the end but at least, he'll be reassured that Eun Jung is loved.

"To be honest?" Eun Jung asked, her eyes looking down.

Se Hun looks at her then back at the road, anticipating, "You can tell me everything, Eun Jung. You know that."

"Well..." Eun Jung bit her lower lip and lets out a sigh. "We're fine." She said and Se Hun noticed something's different. Before, Eun Jung would always talk about them lively and bubbly but tonight, she sounded lifeless. He didn't want to force her speak because they've been apart for so long and he knew he couldn't just barge back into her life and ask her what's wrong. He nods and sees a burger store, wondering if she would say yes if he'll ask her out for some snack.

"Hey Eun Jung---" Se Hun turned to look at his side but stopped when Eun Jung was no longer beside him. He looked behind him and saw her a few steps away, staring at something. She must be hurt for her tears were visible on her eyes. Se Hun followed the trail where she's looking at and his heart beat stopped, seeing Lu Han with another girl. And he's not too stupid to think that the two are just friends. Lu Han's hand were on the girl's waist, their eyes staring at one another intensely. Lu Han whispered something that made the girl chuckle flirtatiously. The next thing made Se Hun infuriated, was that the girl wrapped her arms around Lu Han and kissed him on his lips. Se Hun's fists clenched, since when did Lu Han started cheating on Eun Jung? Why must he cheat on her? Are they even still together? "Eun Jung---"

"I know." Eun Jung held his arm, facing down so he couldn't see her face and know if she's crying or not.

Are you really that dumb, Se Hun? Of course she's crying for God's sake!

He heard Eun Jung sniffed, her hand immediately wiping away her own tears. "And umm, you know what? I think we should really go now. I have lots of homeworks to do." She pulls away and started to walk, continuously wiping away her tears, trying to make the pain fade from what she saw tonight. Se Hun on the other hand followed her, hurt because he's watching her in this state. That's one of the perks of being in love with someone. When they're hurt, you're hurt too. He wanted to hug her and tell her to stop crying but he knew better than that. Eun Jung isn't going to listen to him so he decided to remain silent even after they’ve reached her house. "Thanks for being a friend to me today, Se Hun." Eun Jung looks at Se Hun with swollen and red puffy eyes. She smiled sadly. "I really thought that... You're never going to accept me again."

Se Hun pats her head and smiled a bit at her. "We're best friends forever, right?"

Eun Jung nodded and pulled him into a hug, her face buried on Se Hun's chest sniffing off his scent. Ah. She'll be lying if she says that she didn't missed him. "Right." Eun Jung then pulls away and took three steps backward. "Take care, Oh."

"I will, Cho." Se Hun replied and mouthed the words, "Good night." before he walks himself back to his own house. He went straight to bed and picked up his phone, dialing Eun Jung's number. And just like before, she wouldn't pick up the call. He sighed and throws away the gadget, staring at the ceiling. He remembers what they saw earlier; Lu Han kissing another girl. He closed his eyes, knowing what Eun Jung felt because he had witnessed the same before. The one you love kissing someone else. And you just stood there, not being able to do anything.

 

 

"I can feel it. Eun Jung and I are going to be best friends again." Se Hun announced but Baekhyun seems careless about it. "Baekhyun hyung, are you even listening?" He stopped from walking and blocked Baekhyun's way. The latter sighed and gave him a blank facial expression.

"As if that's going to change everything." Baekhyun said but Se Hun gave him a confused look. "You and Eun Jung being best friends again wouldn't change the fact that you and her will still be 'just friends'. Se Hun, you should know how much she loves Lu Han. Who knows? They're probably together right now and---"

"Lu Han!" The two turned around to look towards the familiar voice. They saw Eun Jung running after Lu Han who obviously looks pissed off. "Lu Han!" She finally caught up with him, holding onto his arm in which Lu Han shrugs her off very harshly that she almost hit the ground.

"Don't you understand, Eun Jung---"

"No, don't! Please don't!" Eun Jung begged down on her knees, making all the passers-by witnessing the scene surprised and astonished. She cries harder, face ruined with tears all over. "Don't leave me, Lu Han, don't... I can't..."

"Look at yourself, Eun Jung." Lu Han glared at the poor girl, his face hard and teeth gritting. Everyone bet he's trying so hard to contain all of his anger, trying so hard not to shout at her. "You're making a scene again. What are you? 12?"

But Eun Jung kept crying and begging for him not to leave her. "Please Lu Han... Don't go... Don't leave... You promised you'll never leave right? You promised we'll be together forever and---"

"Promises are meant to be broken, Eun Jung." Lu Han cuts her off once again but this time, their eyes met, the next words coming from Lu Han mentally killed Eun Jung in the most painful way she could ever imagine. "Especially when you made a promise to the wrong person." With that, Lu Han took a step back and walked away. "You're pathetic."

Eun Jung watched as Lu Han walks away from her, leaving her speechless and crying in front of hundreds of students. She cried silently, not having a face to show in public anymore. She wanted to disappear, she wanted to fade right there and then. She felt so little, she pitied herself for being this desperate right now.

"Eun Jung." She heard Se Hun's voice and she closed her eyes, shame and embarrassment reigning inside her chest. She pushed away his arm on her, running with all her might from everything and everyone.

 

 

"I really couldn't give you drinks anymore unless one of your friends shows up here and pay for all of the bottles you've drink, Miss." The bartender warned Eun Jung. She was drunk, too drunk that she couldn't even see the bartender's face clearly.

"Fine!" She rolled her eyes and tries to find her phone inside her bag. It took her minutes before she successfully picked it up and dialed Se Hun's phone number. It ring thrice before a worried Se Hun answers on the other line.

"Hello? Eun Jung? Where are you? I'm so worried about you---"

"Yah, calm down." Eun Jung laughed and drops her head on the counter, phone still on her ear. "Can you lend me some money? I've gone bankrupt." She pouts and sighs, telling him where she is right now. Se Hun told her not to drop the call, that he'll be there as soon as possible. Eun Jung then nodded, feeling too dizzy to answer. A few minutes passed and she fell asleep, making Se Hun sped faster to get to her.

"Warn your girlfriend next time not to drink alone if she couldn't manage herself. Plus, she doesn't have money. Fortunately I'm a kind manager and I don't take advantage of my customers." The manager of the bar said and Se Hun bowed politely. The waiters helped get a cab for both of them and soon, the two are on the road en route to Se Hun's house. He couldn't bring her to their house because her parents are on a out-of-town business trip. He glanced at Eun Jung's face as she was leaning her head on his shoulder. He removed a few hair strands that's blocking her face and Se Hun felt his heart skipping its beats. He gulped, eyes suddenly filled with sorrows knowing how much torture Eun Jung can do to herself.

"Why can't you just fall in love with me?" He asked her in a way she'll never know. Eun Jung twitches in her sleep, leaning in more on Se Hun's shoulder. He had a perfect view of her face, his eyes wondered from her nose to her lips. He looked away, slightly blushing. Keep yourself together, Oh Se Hun. He thank God that they're already approaching his house so she could have a good place to sleep.

When they arrived at his house, Se Hun paid the driver his remaining bills. He carried her to his house gently, careful not to wake her up. His parents were so understanding about what happened to Eun Jung and offers the guest room to her. Se Hun's mother was the one who changed Eun Jung's clothes while Se Hun waited outside the room with his father. Ah. Parents really are so supportive when it comes to their child's first love.

"She'll be fine." Se Hun's father assured him and the boy nodded his head. Of course Eun Jung will be fine. It's only a trial in her life that she must overcome and I'll make sure I'll be there for her.

"I'm done changing her clothes." Se Hun's mother announced as she smiled lightly at her son. "Now Se Hun, I'll let you sleep in the guest room tonight if you insist it but you know the rules, okay---"

"I won't do anything to her, umma." Se Hun fought the urge to roll his eyes. How could his mother thought of something like that at times like this? He sighed and stood up. "You two should go upstairs and sleep." He glanced at the wall clock. "I'm really sorry for waking you up."

His father pats him on the arm. "Eun Jung is like a daughter to us, Se Hun. We were worried about her too." Se Hun sighed for the nth time and off he goes inside the guest room. He didn't even lock the door since he didn't want his parents to think of any malicious thoughts about him and Eun Jung. They're not kids anymore. They're grown-ups and oh well. Se Hun stopped thinking about those things the moment he had his eyes laid upon Eun Jung’s sleeping figure. Good thing his mother kept a set of pink pajamas that fits Eun Jung's body well. He sat on the bed side, eyeing her lovingly and longingly. Se Hun really did missed her. And he regrets those months he avoided her and Lu Han. Who knows if she's already suffering from Lu Han's infidelity during their first few months.

"I'm sorry." Se Hun said, a small sad smile curling up on his lips. "Why couldn't you just love me instead?" He looks down and held her hand, gently caressing it. "If you would just give me a chance... I won’t hurt you. I will always be faithful and I’ll never ever let go of you." Se Hun looked at Eun Jung's face as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Why couldn't it just be the two of us?"

 

 

Eun Jung wakes up with a headache. She tried opening her eyes and sees the sun is up. She looks around the room, realizing that it isn't hers. She felt nervous and scared all of a sudden, looking on her body if she's wearing any clothes and to her shock, it was a set of an old fashioned pajamas. . Her mind said and she jumps out of the bed, opening the door only to bump into Se Hun who also just woke up. "Aw." She rubs her forehead and looks at him, Se Hun on the other hand adored how cute and innocent she looked in those pajamas.

He smiled brightly at her and greeted, "Good morning, Eun Jung."

Eun Jung felt relieved that she's in Se Hun's place because if not, she probably wouldn't know what to do. She sat on the bed again and greeted back, "Good morning. Umm, where are my clothes?" She blushed, hesitating if she will ask who changed her clothes last night.

"Ah, umma puts them in the washing machine. And don't worry, she's the one who cleaned you last night." Se Hun assured her, noticing how her face went red. "Coffee?" He offered the other mug of coffee and Eun Jung took it. They stayed silent for minutes until she decided to leave already. She thanked his parents first before thanking Se Hun. He wanted to talk to her but it's as if Eun Jung is preventing it from happening. Se Hun understands it though. If she doesn't want to talk about it, he'll respect that.

 

 

The news about Eun Jung and Lu Han's break-up spreads across the university like a wild fire. Some loved it, some felt sorry for Eun Jung and some doesn't have any care about it. Their lives continued and what matters the most is Eun Jung's finally back in Se Hun's life. She hangs-out with him and his friends again, even Baekhyun was happy about it. They're trying to avoid the group of populars as much as possible but like what everyone says, 'It's a small world' that even if you try hard not to see a person you don't want to, fate will do everything it could for you to meet that person again.

Eun Jung glances at Lu Han together with his new girl and God knows how much she's been wanting to be in the girl's position right now. She misses him. A lot. She misses his kiss, his hug, his sleepy voice every time he says good night before they go to sleep and good morning when they woke up the following day. She misses everything about him. Even after he hurt her so bad, she still misses him. Eun Jung looked away when the two kissed as if they're not in a public place. She walks out of the cafeteria and as usual, Se Hun is behind her, following and damn worried about her.

"Eun Jung..."

"Go away, Se Hun." Eun Jung’s pace quickened but Se Hun was faster than her and he managed to keep up. They ended up at the university's garden, just the two of them.

It would have been a romantic place for students who are in love with each other because the ambiance was relaxing, flowers all around, trees making huge shades. Eun Jung stopped and cried, making Se Hun's heart shatter for God knows how many times.

"Why is he like that, Se Hun?" Eun Jung bit her lower lip, her whimpers are the least thing Se Hun ever wanted to hear from her. "Why did he leave? Why did he choose that girl over me? Am I not enough?" She turned around and looked at Se Hun, their eyes met, both with sad reflection. "Answer me Se Hun?! Why did he left---"

"How would I ing know about that?!" Se Hun shot back, as if slapping Eun Jung back to reality that Lu Han is gone from her life. "I'm not friends with him, why don't you ask his friends instead?!" Se Hun was glaring at her, impatient because after all that’s happened, Eun Jung obviously still didn't learned her lesson. "Haven't you had enough of him hurting you, Eun Jung? Are you that dumb and desperate---"

"I'm not desperate, you ?!" Eun Jung cuts Se Hun this time and gave him a hard slap on his face. "And who are you to tell me that I'm dumb and desperate to act like this? Who are you to tell me that when you yourself don't even know what it feels like to be in love and get hurt in the end?" Eun Jung pushed him and punch Se Hun on his chest, tears all over her face. "Tell me, Se Hun?! What makes you think that I'm dumb and desperate?! Tell me?!"

Se Hun slowly brought his face up to look at her, his eyes red and teary. With a quivering voice he answered, "Because I see myself in you. I know exactly how it feels because I wanted to earn your love so badly that it hurts." Se Hun looks down, voice cracking as he continues to speak. "It hurts when I see you and Lu Han together. Did you know how much you wounded my heart when you told me that you have a crush on him?" He bitterly smiled and said, "Probably not." He looks at Eun Jung again, tears still rolling down from his eyes. "And when you told me that you and Lu Han are dating... That killed me."

Eun Jung was speechless, she was too oblivious to notice her best friend's feelings towards her.

"That's why I know that you're dumb and desperate, Eun Jung! Because I've been there too..." Se Hun took a step backward and turns around to walk away. "And you know what hurts the most? The fact that I know I still am."

 

 

"Never thought you'll have the guts to do that." Baekhyun said, it's been days since Se Hun and Eun Jung's argument happened. They didn't talked since then and Se Hun wasn't expecting that she'll speak to him after that.

Se Hun sighed, he didn't want his love confession to be like this but what more can he do about it? It's already been said and done. And now Eun Jung hates him. A lot. His thoughts were then distracted when Baekhyun nudged him onto his elbow. He looked at his hyung and Baekhyun nods ahead. He followed the trail where he was looking and saw Eun Jung at the entrance of the cafeteria, looking back at him. She smiled, a small hesitant smile. She then gestured him to meet her outside and Se Hun stood up, with a heart beating fast. When he got outside, he slowly move towards her, uncertain and nervous. What could be the reason of Eun Jung wanting to see him. Isn't she mad at him? "Umm, hi." Se Hun greeted and Eun Jung blushed, making Se Hun more confused.

"Hello..." She said and God knows how much he missed hearing her sweet voice. Eun Jung looks at him, she was damn nervous too and she knows everything would never be the same again. There will always be awkward moments like this but she's willing to take the risk. Se Hun is her best friend. He's in love with her. He was there when she's happy. He was there when she's in misery. "It's been a week and I've been thinking... I want to stop seeing you as a friend."

Se Hun's heart clenches in pain. What was he thinking? How many times does he have to get hurt in order to finally realize that he has no chance with her? "I'll respect---"

"Se Hun, date me." Eun Jung cuts him off and for the nth time, she managed to make his heart flitter all over again.

 

 

Their first date went very awkward. Good thing, both of them are trying to make each other comfortable. Se Hun took Eun Jung in an amusement park. They tried different rides, talking and sharing stories all day. He made her laugh every minute, making sure that she's enjoying their first date ever. They took a lot of selcas on Eun Jung's phone and she immediately posted them on her instagram account. Se Hun even created one for himself and followed her, only to see photos of Lu Han and her were still there. He bit back the urge to frown and showed as if he isn't affected by it. Eun Jung seemed to notice about it and her smile fade when she saw that she still had photos of Lu Han and her. She then looked down, sighing. "I'm sorry. I should've deleted all of our photos... I've been inactive---"

"Hey." Se Hun poked her cheek and she looked up to him, being greeted by his smile. "It's okay. I understand." Se Hun said and Eun Jung breathes out, somehow relieved. "Can I take a picture of you?" He asked and she smiled shyly, trying not to look at the camera to . "C'mon, Eun Jung. Just one picture. Pleaseee!" Se Hun pleads and she bit her lower lip, still not looking at the camera. Se Hun gave up and just pressed the button, taking a 'stolen' shot of her. He stared at how pretty Eun Jung is, his face manifested an unconscious smile.

And little did Se Hun know that Eun Jung is actually looking at him, adoring how cute and loving he can be. How come she didn't noticed it from the start? He was so kind and caring to her, how could she not realized that? "Yah!" She called for his attention in which he automatically gave it to her. "Are we just going to sit down here? Let's go check out the other rides!" She stood up and pulled Se Hun up and together they hopped around the park happily.

 

 

"Are you really sure that Eun Jung has already moved on?" Baekhyun asked, eyeing Se Hun from head to toe. The latter was wearing a new pair of jeans, a red and black checkered polo shirt in which he tucked it in the pants. He looked different from Oh Se Hun who didn't really care about how he dressed, though very different from Oh Se Hun who doesn't dye his hair to blonde.

"I can feel it, hyung. I’ll know after a few more dates, she'll finally say yes to me." Se Hun said with a foolish grin on his lips.

Baekhyun on the other hand just shrugged, continuing with his project on Mathematics. "I just want you to remember that Eun Jung and Lu Han broke up a month ago. If they truly loved each other, it's impossible to move on within that short period of time." He warned, his voice cautioning the maknae.

But Se Hun just rolled his eyes, grabbing his jacket out of his closet. "Think what you want to think. But Eun Jung and I are going on a movie date so, I'll be heading out now." He said as Baekhyun sighed, putting his things back into his bag. He and Se Hun then walk out of the latter's house, Se Hun went to the right side of the street to pick up Eun Jung while Baekhyun sighed deeply as he walked back to his own house. He wished for his friend's happiness, that even if he is not really amused by the fact that Eun Jung and him are finally dating, he still wants the best for him.

 

 

Se Hun knocks on the door and hears Eun Jung's voice saying she'll be ready in a minute. Five minutes passed and she finally steps out of the house, wearing a pastel colored dress that stops just above her knees. She paired it up with a pair of light pink flats, her hair was pinned with a ribbon which Se Hun gave on their first date. She was simple but very pretty in Se Hun's eyes. And she has always been.

"Hey?" Eun Jung waved a hand in front of Se Hun's face. The boy must have been snapped back to reality and he smiled very bashfully, embarrassed about how she could stupefy him by just gazing into his eyes. "You look great." Eun Jung complimented, holding onto his arm as they walk in the streets.

"Umm yeah. I kinda, cleaned out my closet." Se Hun actually spent his earnings just to buy himself some fresh new clothes, clothes that are in for fashion and ones that are really expressing his true beauty.

"I like it." Eun Jung appreciates his effort, she didn't know Se Hun could be more handsome than he ever was before. And with that, Se Hun silently rejoiced at this triumphant moment as he can sense his nearing victory. Cho Eun Jung's heart.

The two reached the movie theaters at a local mall near their subdivision. As usual, Se Hun pays for their ticket and food. He let her pick what movie to watch and they both ended up watching Frozen. They silently watched just like the other people inside the cinema, when Se Hun noticed Eun Jung was hugging herself. He thought that she might be cold so he offered her his jacket, wrapping it around her to keep her warm and cozy. Eun Jung smiled sheepishly and they stared into each other’s eyes. "I love you, Eun Jung." He said, gulping and mentally thanking God he managed to voice that out in a clear tone. Eun Jung smiled at him and pulled him into a kiss, a very light kiss that only lasted for seconds.

Just then a sudden gush of blood rushed up to his cheeks which made Se Hun melt and fall head over heels for her once again.

 

 

After the kiss, the two seemed awkward to each other. Se Hun became very quiet and Eun Jung was too shy to speak to him. They finished the movie and head home, walking along the streets hand in hand, hearing different kinds of sounds such as kids playing at the backyard, family watching Koreanovelas, birds humming and cars driving by. It was very silent and Se Hun decided to beat it and ask what's their real score by now. Well she kissed him so... That could mean something, right? He stopped walking, they're a few steps away from Eun Jung's house. "Can I... Can I ask you something?" He said, very gentle and mindful with his words.

Eun Jung meets his gaze and nods her head.

"W-Why did you kissed me, Eun Jung? What does it mean… To you?" Se Hun asked innocently, his heart racing was inside his chest and he gathered all of his energy just to stop himself from being all damn happy because a kiss from her could also mean nothing, right? And he couldn't afford to experience any heart break anymore. Oh how much he prayed that he won't be broken once again.

"I love you too, Se Hun." And Eun Jung replies, sending butterflies in his stomach. Did he heard it right or was he getting deaf? He wanted to hear it again but will that make him look like he's being all demanding already? "Hey?" She asked when he didn't respond. "I said I love you---"

And Se Hun did not waste anymore time. He took this opportunity to pull her by the waist, sealing her lips with his own and kissed her passionately, gently and lovingly. "I love you!" He proclaimed, there was a smile on his face and Eun Jung couldn't help herself from smiling back. "I love you, Eun Jung!" He pulled her into a tight, victorious hug and she hugged him back, a tear fell on her eyes and she sobbed because finally, she found herself a man who wouldn't dare to break her heart.

And Eun Jung knows that she loves him too. She thinks she loves him too.

 

 

 

 

 

Days, weeks and months passed by. Se Hun and Eun Jung's relationship became stronger as they were faced with many obstacles and trials along the way. The two of them especially Se Hun feels that it's normal, that two corresponding people trying to be together are bound to face various kinds of arguments, fights and dramas. What matters the most is that they'll face it hand in hand, that neither of them will give up. But as things starts to get better in the present time, memories from the past begins to show up. Such a great timing.

"Just wait a minute!" Eun Jung shouted from the kitchen, she smiled as she placed the omelet on a plate. It was a Sunday morning, half past 7 to be exact and she's expecting Se Hun to come over for breakfast as they’ve agreed to celebrate their 6th monthsary together. She then removed her floral apron and placed it  on the stand, opening the door to her house with huge smile on her face. She was surprised though to see a bouquet of fresh daisies offered right in front of her face. "Babe," she chuckles, opening the door wide to let him in. "you really didn't have to bought me flowers---"

"It's your favorite, if I'm not mistaken." The handler of the daisies revealed his face, and to her surprise it was not Se Hun. Why do people from the past have to come back when you're already happy living in the present? Yep, it was no other than the man who broke her heart. Lu Han.

"What are you doing here?" Eun Jung asked, glancing outside the house, wondering how many more minutes will it take Se Hun to get there.

Lu Han's eyes saddened but he still smiled at her cheekily. "Aren't you going to take these? I bought you these, Eun Jung---"

"Se Hun's going to be here any minute and..." Eun Jung sighed in frustration, taking the flowers. "What do you want, Lu Han?"

"I just got here from China." Lu Han reasoned, touching his temple and massaging it as he sat on the couch's arm rest. "I'm having jetlag, so can I stay here for a few more minutes?"

Eun Jung sighed, realizing now why she doesn't see Lu Han in the university anymore. The exchange student program was already over so he went back to China to continue his studies there. "I'll go get you a glass of water." Eun Jung excused herself and went to the kitchen, pouring water into the glass and she thought about how Lu Han got more handsome than before. She smiled, touched by how he went straight to her house just to see her. What were you thinking, Eun Jung? She sighed and shook her head, going back to the living room only to see Lu Han with Se Hun there. Her boyfriend's face hardened, probably thinking and misunderstanding the situation. I'll explain to him later. "Here you go, Lu Han..." She handed him the glass of water and she blushed when his fingers brushed against hers. She then quickly sat down next to Se Hun who remained silent ever since he arrived. They both watched as Lu Han drinks all the water in the glass, he smiled and thanked Eun Jung before putting it in the middle of the table.

"Oh, umm... You remember Se Hun, right?" Eun Jung tries to break the tension and Lu Han eyed him quite mockingly.

"Ah... The best friend. Why, of course I did." Lu Han said, a smirk appearing on his lips.

Se Hun tries to be calm and well-mannered as possible. "Actually, I'm not her best friend anymore." He looked at Eun Jung as if urging her to tell Lu Han what’s their current status.

Eun Jung looks at Lu Han and speaks. "He's my boyfriend now, Lu..."

Lu Han seemed to be taken aback. The smirk on his face vanished though as if his pride and ego was stepped on. "Wow." He said, chuckling sarcastically. "Didn't see that coming."

 

 

"Did you really have to invite him over? On our monthsary?" Se Hun tried not to shout at her but it was evident that he was pissed. Very pissed on how he was humiliated by the man who broke his girlfriend's heart months ago. What cause more of his rage was that he's jealous and he couldn't stopped himself from doubting her. He knows that's not right and that he isn’t being fair to judge and not trust her but of all men, it had to be Lu Han. Why did it have to be him? He looked at Eun Jung whose eyes are semi-glaring at him. She's been explaining to him what happened but it seems that Se Hun's not ready to listen to her right now. It's getting on her nerves so she looked away but with a heavy heart she asked him to go. Se Hun who got even more pissed than he is right now took that idea and stormed right out of her house, slamming the door shut. He was furious, jealous and hurt. He just wanted to spent the whole day and night with his girl and this had to happen? He sighed, throwing himself on the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. It was the first time they ever had a fight, a huge fight and it breaks him to know that everything will not be solved before they go to sleep. He couldn't stop himself from feeling betrayed and used. He wiped away the tears that escaped his eyes and picks his phone up, dialing onto Baekhyun's number.

 

"Yo?"

"He's back."

"Who's back?"

Se Hun sighed, slowly calming down all of a sudden. "Lu Han."

There was a moment of silence before Baekhyun replies with, "Oh. Okay. Now what?"

Se Hun sat up from the bed. "Nothing. I'll call you later." He ended the call and stood up, he wouldn't let this night end without Eun Jung and him settling this issue. So he went back to her house, only finding her at the same spot where he left her, crying her eyes out. . "I'm sorry, babe." He went closer to her, pulling her into a warm, reassuring hug. Eun Jung hugs him back, she didn't like it when they fought like this.

"Pabo, yah!" Eun Jung sniffed and Se Hun nodded his head.

"I know, I know. Don't cry, please..." He pulls away and wipes her tears away, kissing her forehead after. "I got jealous that's all, I'm really really sorry." He moved to kiss her lips and Eun Jung held his face, their eyes meeting.

"He's part of my past now, Se Hun. You're my boyfriend now. You're my love, my everything." Eun Jung hugs him again and they both stayed like that until they fell asleep.

 

 

Se Hun tried to ignore Lu Han's flirtatious attempts on Eun Jung as he was being assured that his girl won't ever look at Lu Han that way ever again. He tried to remain as calm as possible, trying not to mind whatever Lu Han was planning against him and his girlfriend's relationship. "Babe, I'm really sorry if I have to cancel our movie date tomorrow... I hope you understand..." Eun Jung said and Se Hun nods as if she could see him.

"It's okay." Se Hun answers, lightly smiling, making Baekhyun and Tao shook their heads in disbelief.

Eun Jung sighed in relieved, it's been two weeks and she's busy with school work that she and Se Hun barely hang out anymore. The good news is that Se Hun is a very understanding boyfriend to her. "Alright. I miss you and I love you! Gotta go, I'll call you again later, okay?" She then waited for Se Hun's I love you too before ending the call joyfully.

Se Hun tosses his phone on the bed and joined his two friends. He saw Tao handed Baekhyun a bill and wondered if the two made a bet on him again. "What's the bet this time?" He sighed and Baekhyun was the one who told him.

"Tao believes that you and Eun Jung are going on a movie date tomorrow." Baekhyun grins, keeping the money inside his pocket.

Tao pouts his lips. "What's her reason this time?"

Se Hun looks away, leaning his back on the side of the bed. "Busy with rehearsals for their play."

"And when was the last time she ever paid attention to you after that thing with Lu Han?" Baekhyun asked and Se Hun looks at him, almost throwing daggers at him.

"She's just busy." Se Hun fires back, rolling his eyes away from his hyung. Tao got in between them, telling the two to stop from their argument and just spend the Friday night by watching movies. Baekhyun agreed, but deep inside he's worried for his friend.

 

 

 

 

Two more weeks passed and Se Hun tried to be as understanding as he can be. He tried to bare his longing for his girlfriend, sending her messages from time to time to remind her that he misses her and for her not to neglect her health. One more week, Se Hun and after this? Everything will be back to normal. His conscious mind told him. He was about to go downstairs to celebrate his parents' anniversary when he received a message and he quickly reads it the moment he realized that it came from Eun Jung.

Se Hun, I think someone's following me.

Se Hun felt the sudden nervousness inside him. He quickly called her number and it rings, Eun Jung's low yet terrified voice speaks on the line. "Please pick me up."

"Where are you?" Se Hun asked, moving as fast as he can downstairs. He didn't dared to tell his parents where he's going, the only thing in his mind right now was to keep his girlfriend safe. Oh how he wished she's safe right now.

Eun Jung told him about a newly-opened coffee shop that'll take him 30 minutes to one hour drive from his house to get there. She said the guy stopped following her already ever since she entered the shop but she was too scared to go home alone. Se Hun reminded her not to leave wherever she is right now and that he'll be there in a jiffy. "Okay... I'll wait for you... I'm really sorry for the bother, Se---"

"Hey. Stop thinking you're a bother to me, okay? And stay where there are lots of people. I'll be right there, wait for me." Se Hun sounded calm, he didn't want to make her feel more nervous and scared. Eun Jung nods her head and orders a cappuccino as she waits for him. They sent messages to each other as Se Hun insisted for him to make sure that she's fine. Unfortunately, Eun Jung's battery went dead and so she waits, picking up her notebook to doodle instead.

Fifteen minutes passed and Se Hun still hasn't arrived yet, Eun Jung rests her hand and looks around, glancing at her wristwatch to check on the time. She didn't noticed a guy who passed by her side. The guy then sits comfortably on the seat opposite her and she was startled to see Lu Han sitting right in front of her. "Hi." Her ex-boyfriend greets her with a smile and even offered her a frappucino.

"Umm, hello. And, t-thanks." Eun Jung said, wondering what is Lu Han doing in a place like this.

"Alone? Where's Se Hun?" Lu Han leaned back on his seat, a victorious smile was up on his lips as he sips onto his frappe.

Eun Jung looks outside and frowns as there's still no sign from Se Hun, she looked back at Lu Han with a small hesitant smile. "He's on his way."

Lu Han nods his head, leaning onto the table. He was staring at Eun Jung's eyes and he didn't waste any time. "I've been trying to talk to you, Eun Jung." He said, his eyes serious.

"There's nothing we should talk about, Lu---"

Lu Han cuts her off by holding her hand, Eun Jung didn't know why she didn't pull away so they remained in that posture as the two of them talk. "I'm still in love with you." Lu Han says, trying to get her eyes meet his. "And I know that you're still in love with me, Eun Jung."

She stopped and looked at him unbelievably. She scoffed, looking away as she pulled her hand away from his grasp. "What makes you think that I still do?"

Lu Han was unfazed, he didn't let go of her hand just yet. "I'm your first love, Eun Jung. I'm your first kiss, your first heartache, your first---"

"There. You already said it. You're now just a heartache from my past, Lu Han." She breathes out and forcefully pulled her hand away. She started packing up her things and Lu Han watched her with annoyed yet hurtful gaze.

"Don't act as if you didn't loved me before, Eun Jung. Don't act as if you never begged me to stay or, or not to let go of---"

Eun Jung stopped, sighing deeply as she zips her bag. She looks at Lu Han and with teary eyes she asked, "Why are you doing this? I mean, why Lu Han? What did I ever do to you?"

Lu Han's eyes saddened. "I just realized that... Life was not the same without you."

"And it took you half a year to realize that?" Eun Jung sarcastically laughs and stood up, totally forgetting about Se Hun picking her up. Lu Han follows her and she walks faster, telling him to stop and just go away. But she knew Lu Han a lot. She knows he's a stubborn brat like her. "Go away Lu Han! Please..."

"Oh so now you're begging me to stay away?" Lu Han laughs bitterly as he caught up with her and spun her around. "Eun Jung please... Let's talk about this." She tried to get off from his hold, still begging him to let her go. Little did they know was that Se Hun's standing beside a post, watching them with a broken heart.

C'mon Se Hun. Take her away from him! Why? Why should he? She's still not his to keep. Se Hun took a step back, with feelings of betrayal coming back once again. When did Eun Jung began seeing Lu Han again? Is it from the morning she saw him inside their house? Is he also the reason why she keeps on cancelling their dates? Or why she’s got no time for him anymore? Se Hun shook his head. No. Eun Jung would never do that. She would never---

And the moment Se Hun glances at the two, his heart literally stopped beating. Lu Han's hands are wrapped around her and with Eun Jung obviously hugging him back. But what killed him for the second time in his life was that their lips were on each other.

"Yah, Oh Se Hun---" Minseok jogged to Se Hun's way, causing the two to pull away from each other. They both turned and saw Se Hun with Minseok whose face teemed with shock to see them together. "Umm, Lu Han. I've been uhh, looking all over for you." Minseok walked towards them as if nothing happened and that is Se Hun's cue to leave. He lets the tears in his eyes escaped before he took a step back, looking down and walks away.

"Se Hun!" Eun Jung screamed his name and runs as fast as she could to reach him. She blocked his way as he appears like a dead person whose walking so slow, yet so lifeless. "Se Hun listen to me." She held both of his shoulders and tried to look at him in the eyes, her heart hurts just by seeing him appearing like this. "Se Hun please just listen to me..." And Se Hun stops, glares straight into her eyes. "That was nothing. Whatever you saw, that meant nothing Se Hun..." She explained and he forced himself to smile, a very sad and tearful smile that added guilt into her lungs. "C'mon please don't cry..." Eun Jung wipes away his tears. "You know I love you, right?"

Se Hun looked at her blankly even if his smile was still up on his face. "Are you done?" He asked with a hoarse voice. Eun Jung was flustered and so he continued. "This time, Eun Jung... I think it's time for you to listen to what I'm about to say." Eun Jung's system weakens, she felt afraid of losing him because she didn't want to. "You know I love you." Se Hun said without breaking their eye contact. "You know that I'll give anything, everything to you. I follow everything you say, I will even turn into the ideal man you’ve always wanted... I love you, Eun Jung… But---" Se Hun sniffed as he shook his head. "But that doesn't mean you can hurt me all over again."

"Se Hun, please... Don't do this..." Eun Jung begged and Se Hun breathes out, removing her hands on him very lightly.

"I'm letting you go." Se Hun walked passed her, leaving her alone in that spot, both with pained hearts.

 

 

 

 

"You know you were right. I'm just too deaf to listen and too blind to accept the fact that I'm just and always will be her rebound." Se Hun stared ahead, staring at no where as he brings the bottle of vodka to his lips and drinks.

Baekhyun watched his friend as Se Hun drowns himself in alcohol. He didn't speak any word because right now, there are no words that can make him feel any better. He didn't want to lecture him and that he should just be the friend who’ll listen to everything he wants to say. He pats Se Hun on the back, grabbing another box of tissues and handing it to him. Baekhyun knew it. He knew that Se Hun's going to cry again and it's more painful this time because he had no more tears left. He sighed, emptying the contents of the bottle he opened for himself. He took one glance at Tao who was already sleeping on the floor and told himself not to dare fall in love ever because it ruins people's lives and everything else. He's happy on his own, with a few real friends whom he can always count on. "Go ahead, Se Hun. Cry. Cry until the pain fades away all by itself."

 

 

 

 

In order for him to fully move on, Se Hun agrees on his aunt's suggestion to continue his studies in the west. He never talked to Eun Jung and the last news he heard about her was that she dropped out and moved to Paris with her mother. They have a small business there and some said that she'll probably take up Fashion Design. Despite of what happened, Se Hun was happy for her. He prays every night that someday, she'll find a man that will love her as much as he can. And if she ever still chooses to be with Lu Han, he hoped that he would treat her right this time. That's what he thought until Lu Han shows up at the airport on the day of his flight to New York.

"I'm sorry." Lu Han said and it was a huge surprise not only to him but also to Baekhyun, Tao and his own friends. Why wouldn't they be surprised? Lu Han never apologizes to someone with true sincerity in his voice. This was actually the first time. "That night, it was... It was entirely my fault. She doesn't love me anymore, Se Hun. And as much as I hate to admit it, I believe that she's in love with you. You own her heart now." Se Hun looks down, the things that Lu Han just said were making it difficult for him to let it sink into his mind. Is he saying the truth? Why would he be nice to him to tell him the truth, anyway? Lu Han must've heard what Se Hun's mind told him and so he added, "I'm saying this because I know both of you deserve to be happy." He offered his hand to him and Se Hun took it, flashing a real smile of happiness towards Lu Han.

"Thank you." Se Hun said and their short peace-talk ended when they heard the announcement of Se Hun's flight. He bid farewell to his parents, his friends as well as to Lu Han's group. In his mind he didn't want to say good bye to Eun Jung just yet because he knows that one day, when the timing's perfect and when everything's not complicated anymore, fate will bring them back together in each other’s arms and who knows, it might last this time.