Nine

Vacation

Arabella’s POV

Somebody is poking my face. Whoever this somebody is will soon regret this mistake. I grab the wrist of the victim and open my eyes in a glare.

“Woah! Arabella! I didn’t know you could be so scary.” Changsub says a little frightened. Peniel and Sungjae back away from the bed slowly.

“Hasn’t anyone ever told you not to disturb a sleeping girl?” I ask irritated.

“I told you not to do it. My sister is the same way…” Peniel comments.

“You never said that!” Changsub shot back at him.

“Don’t listen to him Noona, I am on your side.” Peniel whispers and then winks at me.

“How did you guys get in here?” I ask sitting up in bed and raising an eyebrow at them. Sungjae smirks proudly.

“It is best for you not to know.” Changsub says suspiciously.

“What did you guys do?” I ask Peniel.

“I won’t be the traitor!” he shouts.

“You said you have a sister right?”

“Yeah…”

“I think you should spill it while I am asking nicely.” Peniel suddenly looks terrified. I wouldn’t actually hurt them, but this is kind of fun and I am curious. I am also not a morning person.

“IT WAS SUNGJAE!” Peniel shouts.

“Yah!” the others snap at him.

“Maknae distracted the lady at the counter with his pretty face while I and Changsub grabbed the key!” Peniel continued to confess.

“It was all Peniel’s idea!” Changsub added.

“It was not!”

“Peniel made me do it!” Sungjae accused.

“Yah! I have not been helping you with your English so that you could throw me under the bus!” hehe these boys are hilarious. I sigh irritated.

“Just leave so I can get cleaned up.”

“Ah, Kyuhyun will be here in 20 minutes to take you on a date.” Peniel informed me. I shot out of bed, shooed them out of my room while taking the key away from them, and quickly went to the shower to clean up. Because I don’t know where he is taking me, I decide to go casual. I can always change if he says something before we leave.

My phone alarm buzzes telling me that my 20 minutes are up and I quickly head down to the lobby. Kyuhyun walks through the doors as soon as I step out of the elevator; perfect timing!

“Arabella!” Kyuhyun said excitedly. He really does look like a model.

“Kyuhyun Oppa!”

“I am sorry for the short notice, but I have a lot planned for you today!”

“Really?!” I said excitedly.

“Mhm, let’s go,” He grabbed my hand and led me out the door to his car.

“Don’t worry, our first stop is to go and get my driver.” He said grinning sheepishly. I giggle at his comment.

“How did you get you driver’s license?”

“It took me a few tries.” He admitted after we both entered his car.

 

---

 

Eunkwang’s POV

“Wooooow. She didn’t even notice us waiting in the lobby.” Changsub says insulted.

“It’s because you are standing in the front and Kyuhyun Sunbae is more handsome than you.” Ilhoon says.

“Yah! I am very y! My fans told me so!” Changsub replied.

“She wasn’t that friendly 20 minutes ago.” Peniel says grumpily.

“That because you annoying!” Sungjae attempts at English. Peniel then punches him in the arm causing Sungjae to overdramatically yell about his arm. Meanwhile Hyunsik is standing in the back looking like someone had punched him in the gut. I walk back and put my arm on his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” I ask, knowing that he likes Arabella.

“I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine.”

“I said I am fine. Nobody can control who they like.”

“That includes you.” I say feeling sorry. He shoots me a glare.

“I will be in the gym. Don’t bother me.” He then stormed off, the rest of the group completely unaware of our conversation because of their constant bickering.

 

---

 

Arabella’s POV

He pulls into a back parking garage near SM Entertainment. His driver must be Henry again!

“Before we pick up the driver, I would like to show you around!” he says.

“That sounds amazing!” He sneaks me into the building using a back entrance that I never would have noticed if he hadn’t pointed it out. It doesn’t even look like there is a door there!

“This way.” He says while grabbing my hand. I don’t mind all of this hand holding today.

“Oh! Sunbae, Anyeonghaseyo!” Red Velvet bows as they walk past us towards the hidden door with their manager. After they left Kyuhyun asked me what I thought of them as a rookie group and I had to admit that I had never actually listened to them yet.

“You haven’t? And here I thought you were an SM fan…”

“I am an SM artist fan! I have just been working too much recently to listen to them. But I was planning to at some point. I promise!”

“If I take you on a tour, will you know everyone?” he asked, raising a brow at me.

“Of course!”

“Okay, good! Because we are at our first stop.” I look to where he gestured and see a door that says ‘practice room 3.’ Who is behind the door? He opens the door for me and I walk inside to find f(x) practicing their Red Light choreography. When the song ended, Kyuhyun clapped for them and called them over to us.

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?” Krystal asked cutely. All of them are so pretty; it makes me a little self-conscious.

“Not yet. Today is our first date, but she plans to leave me in a few days.” He says sadly.

“Leave! Why would you want to leave such a handsome Sunbae?!” Sulli asked. I blushed.

“I don’t want to leave, but I don’t have a choice.” I admit.

“Where do you have to go?” Victoria asks.

“I have to go home to America. I have been working hard to be able to move here and I will be back in two years.”

“Dude, I am from America too!” Amber says giving me a high five.

“You do know who this man is right? If he wants you to stay, you can stay.” Victoria says while looking at me as if I am crazy.

“No no, I could never ask him for that. I am okay with working for it by myself.”

“Well, I have a long day planned, I will see you guys later.” Kyuhyun cuts in.

“It was nice to meet you,” I say while bowing to them and taking my leave.

“Nice to meet you too; don’t go anywhere and be my new English buddy!” Amber yells after me.

Kyuhyun takes my hand again and leads me through a few more hallways before stopping in front of what looked to be a lounge or a break room. He opened the door to reveal Girls Generation eating around the small lounge.

“Oh, Kyuhyun brought the girl from those pictures!” Tiffany says pointing at me.

“Wah, she is prettier in person!” Yoona adds.

“Thank you, my name is Arabella. It is nice to meet you.” I say bowing at them.

“Woooow. So respectful…how did Kyuhyun Oppa convince her to date him?” Seoyeon asks.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun yells insulted.

“Psh, evil Maknae and the pretty, respectful girl…” Sooyoung says before all of the girls burst into laughter.

“I don’t need this!” Kyuhyun says pulled me out of the room. “I am sorry about them. I have known them for a long time and they pick on me a lot.”

“Oh no, I am thankful that you are allowing me to meet them. I have always wanted to meet all of the SM artists. You are all so pretty, talented, and strong.”

“Strong?”

“Yes, I know this company puts you through a lot. But each of you will still put on a smile and pretend like everything is okay. You are very strong. More so than most people.”

“Thank you for saying that; it really means a lot. Shall we go?” I nod and he leads me to an elevator which takes us to the third floor. “I would like to apologize in advance for the next group. Their personalities can come on pretty strong and one of them might flirt with you, but they are really great guys.” He says.

“Who will I be meeting next?” I ask and he points to a door of another dance practice room. I walk towards the door and open it to find five shirtless men dancing. I stand there in shock as my eyes pop open. That is definitely not what I was expecting!

“Wah! Who is the girl?! Are you enjoying the view?” Jonghyun says raising his eyebrows at me.

“Yah, you can’t talk to strange girls like that!” Onew scolds. Just then Kyuhyun walk in behind me, grabs my arm, and spins me around so that my face is in his chest.

“Yah! Why are you kids !” he shouts.

“We are dancing and it is hot! How were we supposed to know that you would allow a pretty girl to come in to ogle us?!” Taemin says.

“She was not checking you out! This one is mine, don’t even think about looking at her!” he says before pulling me slightly away from him so that he is looking at me. “You don’t need to meet them, okay?” I nod my head and he pulls me out of the room. If their fans knew what had just happened, I would be a dead woman. I should just pretend like that never happened. A few doors down from Shinee, we stop in front of another practice room door and Kyuhyun turns my body so that I am facing away from the door. I hear the door open and male voices greeting Kyuhyun Oppa. I lot of male voices; this must be Exo. After a few moments, Kyuhyun grabs my hand saying, “this room is safe,” before leading me into the room.

“Hyung, are you letting an outsider see our top secret dance moves?! A picture of our choreography has already been leaked!” Chen states.

“Shut it pipsqueak. This is Arabella, greet her nicely.” He warns them.

“Please excuse Chen, he is a bit of a troll. He doesn’t mean it. Welcome, it is very nice to meet you; I am Suho.” He greets with a warm smile.

“Can I hug her?” Tao asks.

“No.” Kyuhyun glares.

“Next time…”Tao mumbles.

Chanyeol runs up to me excitedly and shakes my hand. “Hello! My name is Chanyeol! You look like a nice person, please come to visit us a lot!” He is very friendly; I would like to have him around on my bad days. A few of the members are not as outgoing. Luhan, D.O, Xiumin, Kris, and Lay stay silent but instead politely bow their heads to me. Well, except for Kris, he raised his hand and waved at me coolly.

“My name is Kai,” the tall boy smirks at me; “I am the best friend of the shirtless man you were checking out earlier.”

“YAH! She was not checking him out!” Kyuhyun defends. The rest of the boys chuckle at him.

“Why are you here?”  Baekhyun asks. “Oh, and I am Baekhyun! Don’t check me out, I am taken.
 he says winking at me.

“I will not check any of you out! Kyuhyun Oppa is taking me on a tour of SM! I have almost met everyone!” I say excitedly.

“Oppa?” Sehun asks. “Are any of us your Oppa’s as well?”

“Only I am her Oppa, don’t even dream about it children!” Kyuhyun is a little possessive.

“Luhan, Xiumin, and Kris are my Oppa’s; I am the same age as Suho.”

“None of them are Korean so they are not Oppas.” Kyuhyun mumbles childishly.

“Noona!” Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, and Sehun all yell together happily.

“We are leaving now.” Kyuhyun states.

“It was nice to meet you all! Good luck on your comeback! Fighting!” I say before I bow and leave them.

“How did Kyuhyun Sunbae get so lucky?” I hear Luhan say after we walk out the door.

“Aish, that Kris needs to stop letting his kids act like that. He is so laid back.” He mumbles.

“That is their charm! They are themselves and Kris is a great leader!” I say making Kyuhyun look really jealous. I can’t help but smile at his childishness.

“We have one more stop. TVXQ is overseas so you can’t meet them today.” He says leading me to our final door. We walk into a lounge to reveal Super Junior sitting about the room. I bow to them respectfully.

“This is why you asked us to come?” Heecul scoffs. “Get out.” He says glaring at me.

“Hyung, how can you treat her like this?” Kyuhyun asks confused.

“You think we don’t know about Baro?” Eunhyuk stands up accusingly.

“W-what?” I say confused.

“What are you saying?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Get this trash out of our building Kyuhyun. And don’t bring her back.” Sungmin says. I never imagined Sungmin could be so scary.

“I think you guys are misunderstanding something.” Kyuhyun tries to calm them down.

“NO!” Donghae stands up unable to control his anger any longer. “First you are with BTOB everywhere, and then they take you away from Kyuhyun at the party. And as if you weren’t bad enough, you went on a date with Baro!”

“I never went on a date with Baro.” I say confused.

“Stop lying to us!” Siwon shouts.

“We saw you two in the theatre! Kyuhyun, they had skinship! Holding hands and hiding into his chest!” Eunhyuk is now pointing at me.

“Kyuhyun-“I try to explain myself.

“Get. Out.” Heechul demands. I bow to them and leave before my tears fall. Kyuhyun doesn’t follow me out, leaving me to cry as walk through the hallways looking for the way out.

“Hey! Sorry I am late! Let’s get Kyuhyun and I will drive you again!” Henry says cheerfully as he turns the corner in the hallway. He then notices my tears and rushes to my side. “What happened? Why are you crying?” He asks worriedly. Unable to answer, I run. Not knowing where I am going, I just run until I find my way out, and then I keep running. 

 

 

 

Acording to the statistics, most people don't make it to this chapter. Is this story not good? Should I give up on it and start a new one? Be honest, I can take it. Feel free to leave comments too, I want to know what you guys are thinking