chap 4.

Better Late Than Never

slightly edited the bottom part!

--

 

It had already been one week since that e-mail. Baekhyun had given up on getting back any replies but never did he stop sending any e-mail to him. He makes sure that he sends at one e-mail per day. Even if Chanyeol does not reply, he hopes that he could at least read the e-mails he sent.

His friends had been extra careful around him since that day, especially Kyungsoo. It’s like he wanted to ask but he doesn’t dare to ask. Baekhyun chuckles at the thought of that day.

--
 

“Baek, so did he r-reply you?” Kyungsoo tried to act normal, brushing his hair casually while looking straight into the mirror.

“Hmms, who?” Baekhyun teased Kyungsoo when he caught him trying to sneak a look at his face expressions at the mention of he - while acting nonchalant - through the mirror.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in disbelief, “You don’t know who I am talking about?”  

“I don’t know. I might have a concussion, I can’t remember anything.” Baekhyun turned to him, saying with a straight face.

“Don’t joke around. Tell me seriously, did he reply you?” Baekhyun shrugs, “I don’t know he.”

“Geez, you know the he? The one who e-mail you a few days? The one who –”

“Who?”

“Are you kidding me? I am talking about Park Cha –” He paused when Baekhyun walks toward him, leaning closely against his body. He panicked when he felt Baekhyun’s mouth against his side of the mouth. “Baek, I got a boyfriend.” He gulps down his saliva before continuing, “You know, Jongin?”

Kyungsoo gulps as Baekhyun’s mouth touches his ear. “Duh, I know him. He’s my boss. I wouldn’t risk my job.” With that, Baekhyun leaned back smiling cheekily at Kyungsoo. Chuckling at Kyungsoo’s shocked look, he pinched Kyungsoo’s cheeks harshly. “You are not my type. My type is a certain giant with huge ears.”

“Baek –”

“Nope, he didn’t reply me.” He lets go of Kyungsoo's cheeks and taps his shoulder lightly before walking out of the restroom.

--

A knock on his desk make him comes back to his surroundings. Looking up, he sees Kyungsoo’s face so close up peering at him curiously. Startled, he pushes himself back.

“SINCE WH”, he clears his throat, “Since when did you come in?”

“Not you, us”

Looking pass Kyungsoo, Baekhyun spotted Jongin sitting comfortably on the couch. A bit too comfortable, Baekhyun thinks. His legs up on the couch and hands hugging the fluffy pillow – Baekhyun had gotten it on impulse – and eating fried chicken. wait what?  

Kyungsoo had left Baekhyun’s side and walk over to Jongin. Hitting his legs, he nags at him to sit properly after all this is not his office which Jongin had retorted with I am the boss. After lecturing Jongin for what seems like an hour to Baekhyun, no really only fifteen minutes had pass, Jongin finally sit up straight, legs down on the floor and Kyungsoo sitting by his side.

“So why are you both here?”

“Kyungsoo wanted to come and see you, so here we are.” Jongin smugly says.

“Duh, perks of being the boss.” Baekhyun mumbled.

“No!” Kyungsoo interrupted the both, “I wanted to ask if you want to hang out at the club tonight?” Before Baekhyun could answer, Kyungsoo cut off him, “I take that as a yes! Luhan and Sehun will be coming along too.”

“Jongin, let’s go!” With that, Kyungsoo pulled Jongin out of the office leaving a speechless Baekhyun behind.

--

Baekhyun’s phone rings as he comes out of the bathroom. With just a towel wrapping his lower half and another drying his hair, he walks over to the table and answers the call.

“Baekhyun, are you done? We are coming to pick you up now!”

“Yeah, I just came out of the shower.” Baekhyun says as he cradled the phone between his shoulder and ear while choosing his outfit.

“Alright, we will be there in thirty minutes!” The phone ended with that.

Holding up a plain v-neck black tee and skinny jeans, Baekhyun nodded. This should do, he thought and change into it. He was just finishing the last touch up of his eyeliner when the doorbell rings followed by multiples knocks.

“Geez, I’m coming!” Baekhyun says as he finishes his touch up and went down to open up the door for them. Standing in front of him was a sulking Jongin and a pissed off Kyungsoo. “So what happened again?”

“He –”

“Actually, forget it. Let’s just go.” Baekhyun cut Kyungsoo off. Pushing them to the car, he locked his door before getting in the car.

--

By the time they reach the club, Jongin had already gotten Kyungsoo to forgive him for whatever he did wrong. Well, Jongin practically annoys Kyungsoo with his ageyo and pleading till Kyungsoo sighs and forgive Jongin for the safety of them - Kyungsoo couldn't exactly focus on his driving when Jongin is tugging on his arms. After ordering their drinks, the couple had gone off to the dance floor, giving up on asking the stubborn Baekhyun to dance. Baekhyun slowly sips on his cocktail while looking around the club, head nodding to the music.

“Baek! Not going to dance?” Luhan walks towards his table, with Sehun being dragged behind.

“No, it’s fine. Maybe later.” Taking a sip of his own drink, Luhan nod his head at Baekhyun and left with Sehun to the dance floor.

Finishing his drink, Baekhyun debates if he should head to the dance floor or leave. He is tempted to leave as he sees the two couples on the dance floor making out. He shouldn't disturb them. Making up his mind, he walks toward the dance floor trying to pass through the crowd to get to his friends to let them know that he is going first.

He was almost reaching to where his friends are when he feel a hand coming around to wrap around his waist. The other hand of the stranger wandered around his body and proceeds downwards. Damn, what does he think he is doing, Baekhyun tries to hold still the wandering hands but unable to as the crowds starts to close in when the music changed. “What the fu-” He tries to turn to face the person who is assaulting him when the person s his .

He twists around harshly trying to get the person to loosen his hold. Instead of loosening, the person tighten his hold on his waist, pressing against Baekhyun even more. The stranger leans down to meet Baekhyun's ear and bite onto Baekhyun’s ear lopes softly. Stunned, Baekhyun let out a moan. Almost immediate, he slaps his hand over his mouth, blushing hard. 

“Stop moving.” A low and rough voice fills his ear, as the stranger chuckles at Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun froze in his place, eyes widening slightly at the familiar voice.  

 

-

A/N: 
I hope you guys like this chapter! ⊙﹏⊙