Chapter 1

Over Again

Lay woke up abruptly, sweat rolling down his forehead. He looked over at the clock on his desk, neon lights staring straight at him. The clock says 4:24 am. He sighs and mutter ’another nightmare’, then stood up and head to the bathroom. He took a bath and by the time he went out, the sun is almost up. He gets ready to go to work. It is indeed a great day after all, if not for the nightmare he had.


Arriving at his workplace, he is greeted by a hyper co-worker, Luhan. The said guy is Lay’s best friend, who knows everything about him. So when the latter notice the wrinkles on his face and the dark circle in his eyes, he didn’t waste any time asking about what happen.


It’s nothing. Really.” Lay lied.

Don’t lie. I know you inside out. What’s wrong? I bet you didn’t even have breakfast. How can you work in that condition?” Luhan says.

I have another dream. Ugh! Why doesn’t he just go away! Lu, I don’t want to remember him anymore. It hurts.” Tears start to pricks in his eyes.

Luhan was about to answer when they heard the voice of their boss calling them.

Lay! Luhan! In my office! Now!” Kris says, slamming the door behind.

Luhan looked at Lay, “What did you do?

Lay shrug and went to the said office, walking behind is Luhan.


~*~*~*~


You called for us?” Lay asked.

Yes. Sit down.” Kris gestures at the chair in front of his desk.

So, what is this about Kris?” Luhan eyed the said man.

Do you have schedule next week?

Lay think back if he has any appointment, “I don’t.

Me too.

Well then, I’m sending you both to Korea first thing next week. Someone ask for your work and Suho’s been bothering me lately to come and send you two already. You will meet Suho first and then he will tell the rest of the information. So you better get ready.
Lay’s face turned into a pale one.

Lay, are you okay?” Kris looked at Lay and then to Luhan.

Luhan looked at Kris with confusion then he follow Kris’ gaze, “Yah! Lay! Are you okay?!

I’m.. I’m fine. C-can’t somebody go instead of me?” Lay hates himself for stuttering.

Luhan knows better so he asked whether Lay can stay in China, let someone take over him, and let the work be done by them.

No can do. Everyone’s busy including Tao, Chen and Baekhyun. Besides, the employer asks for you. Why would you want to turn that down?

Because I don’t want to go back to Korea. He was about to say it, but he just shut his mouth.

Do you have any questions?

Both of them shake their heads.

Then you can go home and prepare. See you on Monday.

Kris then turned to his computer and busies himself. Luhan went to Lay to help him stand up and guide him outside.


~*~*~*~

Luuuuuuuuuu…..” Lay whines.

What?!” the said man snaps from his food.

I don’t wanna go.

Well, I’m sorry to say this, ‘No can do. Everyone’s busy including Tao, Chen and Baekhyun. Besides, the employer asks for you. Why would you want to turn that down?’” Luhan mimics how Kris said those words and has the younger one laughing.

You look like you’re having seizure.” Lay can’t stop laughing.

I’m glad you’re having fun laughing at my face.” Luhan gets back to his food. “So, what are your plans?

Lay wipes the tears that were cause of so much laughter before he speaks. His face turned into a frown, again. “I don’t know. Can I hide? Or pretend that I’m sick? Tell Kris I can’t travel.

You know you can’t fool Kris. Remember when Chen pretended he is sick and Kris brought him in the hospital and found out that he’s not sick at all? Dude! I don’t want the same thing to happen to you!"

Then what should I do?!

I don’t have anything to say than, accept the job."

Fine!

Lay goes back to the living room and slumps to the couch.

By the way, who is this jerk that wants us?” he shouted.

I have no idea. Go ask Kris.” Luhan shouts back from the kitchen.

Ugh! I don’t want to talk to him.” He whispers.

 

~^~^~^~

 

Days passed and it’s time for them to leave. It takes a lot of patient Luhan to get a whining Lay into the airport. They bid their goodbyes to Kris, Tao, Chen and Baekhyun, and board on the plane. All it takes for them is 2 hours to finally arrive in Korea.

So, how was it? Isn’t it nice to be back once in a while?” Luhan asks jokingly.

Lay rolled his eyes on his best friend.


~^~^~^~


Once settled in the comforts of their hotel suite, Luhan contacted Suho to confirm that they finally arrived. Suho then asked them to meet him in a café near their hotel. Luhan agreed and they get ready to work.

It wasn’t hard to find the café Suho was talking about. Soon they find themselves drinking coffee and waiting for Suho. Finally the said man arrived and they started their conversation.

Hey! It’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other. How are you guys?” the short, blonde guy greeted them as soon as he sits down.

Not fine. Until when is this said job is going to last? I wanna go back to China.” Lay grumbles as he sips on his coffee.

What’s up with you? You arrived a while ago and then you wanted to go home already?

Trust me. The limit of my patience is tested once we arrive here. Lay here whines like a child.” 

"Do not!"

Tsk! By the way, the person who asks of you personally is Oh Sehun. His cousin is getting married and asks for both of you to cover the whole wedding.” Suho explains.

How did he know who we are?

Lay, we’re all over China and Korea. Of course he’ll know us.” Luhan nudge him in his elbow that causes him to almost spill the coffee he’s drinking.

We’ll meet him and his cousin later. So, we have to go. It’s a long drive to his place.

Lay sigh, “Why can’t he meet us in a hotel?

Suho looked at Lay a little frustrated. Luhan mouthed the word ‘Don’t mind him’. They both went out the café, Lay following soon.

 

~^~^~^~


It took them 6 hours, not that Lay is counting, to finally arrive at Sehun’s place. As they got out of Suho’s car, he took the time to admire the place. It’s not that big. It has a garden up front and the house is all white. There are several people scattered in front, chatting with each other.

Sehun!” Suho called the tall kid with pink hair over.

What’s with his hair?” Lay asked Luhan.

I don’t care. He’s cute.” Luhan replied, smiling at Sehun.

Lay rolled his eyes. “Ugh! Whatever.

Guys, this is Sehun. Sehun, this is Lay and Luhan.

Oh my god! I finally get to see you two!” Sehun said as he hugged both of them, Luhan clinging much longer. “I’m sorry! It’s just that, I like your work so much and I wanted to be like you someday."

It’s okay. Let’s talk about the wedding, shall we? Anyway, where’s your cousin?” Lay said, surprisingly calm.

They are inside. Let’s go. I’ll introduce you to them.” Sehun lead them inside, with Luhan still clinging onto him.

 

Once inside, Lay notice someone familiar. Too familiar that he wanted to leave the house that instant. When that familiar figure turned around and locked eyes with him, he froze in his place, unable to move. The same thing goes to that someone.

Luhan notice his discomfort so he went to his side.

What’s wrong?

He’s here. ! I told you I wouldn’t want to be here. Of all the place, why is he here?!” Lay whispered.

Where is he?” Luhan searched the place and notice the said man slowly approaching them.

Let’s go. I wouldn’t allow him to come near you.” Luhan pulled his hands and led him outside. Suho followed them and ask what’s happenning.

We all know why Lay doesn’t want to go back here. Do you know he’s here, huh Suho? Is this some kind of a joke? Is the wedding even true? Why is he here, Suho?! Answer me!” Luhan shouted, gaining attention from the people outside the house.

The wedding is true. In fact, the couple is waiting there at the balcony with Sehun. As for Xiumin, I don’t know why he’s here, maybe he’s friends with the couple. If I have known that he’s here I would have told you, you know I would.” Suho explained.

Well then, tell Sehun and the couple that we couldn’t work today. Especially Lay. Apologize for us, will you? We will be back tomorrow. Also make sure that Xiumin isn’t here. We will be going.” Luhan deadpan, bowed towards Sehun’s direction and pulled Lay completely out of the house.


~^~^~^~


Inside their shared hotel suite, Luhan took 2 can of beers out of the fridge and handed it to Lay who’s currently sulking on his bed, bawling his eyes out.

Hey, why the hell are you crying? Just because you saw that again doesn’t mean you have to cry yourself to sleep.” He said, sitting beside Lay. “Stop crying, I don’t want you going to work tomorrow looked like a wreck.

But, I saw him. He’s going towards me. I think he wanted to talk.

What is wrong with you?! Before we went here, you didn’t want to see him, and now you’re going to tell me that he looked like he wanted talk?! What the actual Lay!” his bestfriend shouted at him. “If you’re going to talk about how much you still love him just because you see him, I’m going back to China and leave you here alone. Don’t try me Yixing, I’ve been trying to be a reasonable bestfriend here.

Lay knows better than to argue with Luhan, especially when the latter use his real name, so he just shut his mouth and stopped crying. He realized that Luhan is right. Just because he sees Xiumin doesn’t mean he still love him. He went to sleep a little drunk because of the beer Luhan gave him.

 

The next day, they met with Sehun again. They apologize for what happened the other day. And they proceed into talking about the wedding ceremony. 

Luhan is the most expert into wedding talks, taking notes and making suggestions, so he was the one assigned to talk to the couple, which was Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo. While Yixing, he’s the wedding photographer. They’ve been together for god knows how long and that made their teamwork and projects successful. Which made them popular in, not only in China and Korea, but in Asia too. That’s why people who are getting married demand for their work.

Since Luhan is busy talking with the couple, Yixing took his time to catch some beautiful scenery. With the camera strap hangs on his shoulder and his left hand to support the lens, he proceed to the backyard and took his time to admire the place. There’s not much in it but the small fountain caught his attention. He walked near it and found out that it was actually a small koi pond. He took several photos until he’s satisfied with the outcome. He was so busy admiring the fish that he didn’t noticed someone was beside him until that someone talks.

Beautiful, aren’t they?” Yixing almost jumps into the pond when someone suddenly speaks startling him. He turn around to glare at the person but to his surprise, it was Sehun.

"Don't do that! You almost made me jump at the pond." He pouted. 

"I'm sorry!" Sehun laughs. "Why are you out here anyway?"

"Nothing. Just taking in the scenery." Yixing sit down near the pond, looking at the fish.

"Oh, okay. By the way, I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened yesterday?" Sehun sat beside Yixing.

Yixing stiffened. He looked at Sehun, all he sees is sincerity. He straighten his posture and clears his throat. "Uhm, I'm sorry about that! I didn't mean to make a scene here yesterday. I just saw someone who I don't wanna see ever again. I'm really sorry!" He stand up and bow repeatedly.

Sehun also stands up and stop him from bowing too much. "Stop doing that, you'll be dizzy." He laughs. "Is it Xiumin hyung?" Yixing nods.

"He's my cousin's bestfriend. I swear I didn't know you know him. If I have known, then I wouldn't have hired you." Sehun apologize.

"It's okay. It's not your fault." Yixing assures him. "We can't prevent this from happening. So, no worries."

The younger one smiles at him, "He told me everything yesterday. I'm going to say he's a jerk for leaving you. You seem like a nice guy."

Yixing laughs for the first time that day, "Thank you for that. And yes, he's a complete jerk."

 

 

They stay at the pond talking and laughing like there's no tomorrow. Luhan arrived completely interrupting them. The older one glared at Lay but the said man just smiled at him. "We should go. Everything's set. Tomorrow we'll begin the preparation."

Yixing stand up and face Sehun, "It was nice talking to you. See you tomorrow!"

And with that, he pulled Luhan out of the house.

 

 

 

~^~^~^~

God! It took me almost a year just to update this story.

I'm really sorry for those who subscribed and upvoted! Mianhaeyo T^T

Anyway, here's the first chapter. Give me a few days to update again. :)

I'm apologizing if there's grammatical error :(

Enjoy~