Oh, Buddha!

It's Not Much, But It's My Family

A week has passed since Baekhyun’s disastrous confession to Kyungsoo and he has yet to make a decent conversation with the freshman. Decent conversation, my , Baekhyun thinks bitterly as he gazes at his infatuation solemnly from the very corner of the school cafeteria. He has started to eat his lunch at cafeteria again because the lunchtime was the only chance for him to come across his crush. Chanyeol, who is sitting in front of him, throws a quick glance at where his friend is sending an intense stare and when he spots a familiar figure, he grins behind his sandwich. He should be helping his poor friend, and he can easily detangle whatever misunderstandings between them, but he is actually too happy to see his usual happy-go-lucky friend turning into a miserable, glum, love-stricken fellow.

“Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun calls out miserably, “Kyungsoo is not talking to me. The only communication we had is he glaring at me as if I murdered his pet!”

“No wonder,” Chanyeol shrugs his shoulders as he chews on his meal. “Just apologize to him and tell him it was only a joke.”

The shorter looks at him incredulously before exclaiming, “I can’t do that! You know it was never a joke for me.”

“Then just stay as a pet-murderer.” Chanyeol states simply as he watches Baekhyun slump into the seat like a shrunken balloon, and trying not to smirk.

Maybe, he might be enjoying it too much.

 

**

“Hi, Chanyeol hyung,” Kyungsoo greets cheerfully as he approaches the two seniors in the cafeteria next day, perfectly ignoring the one with a look of kicked-puppy. “Do you have any scissors that I can borrow?”

Chanyeol gives him an apologetic look, “Sorry, Kyungsoo, I forgot my pen case tod – ”

“I have it!” Baekhyun yells as he rummages through his backpack to find his scissors before shoving it to the freshman. “I have it here, Kyungsoo,”

But he doesn't react or look at him at all; not even acknowledging that there is another human being exist in their conversation as he continues talking to the other. “Oh, that’s too bad. I have to finish my art project in an hour but I accidentally broke my scissors.”

“I HAVE IT!” He tries once more, sticking the stuff right in front of Kyungsoo’s face this time. “Look, it’s made of platinum, I think, and it won’t break even when you throw it into magma – ”

“Well, I guess I have to ask other people,” he sighs in a slight disappointment before smiling at his neighbor. “I’ll see you later, Chanyeol hyung!”

 

“…”

“I think you can put that down now.”

I think I have a very valid reason to cry. Baekhyun sniffles.

 

**

Baekhyun kicks a rock on the road as he trudges to his house, trying not to think about what happened in the cafeteria that day. He feels it’s better for Kyungsoo to hit and verbally abuse him than treating him as some kind of a furniture that doesn't talk or hear. Even though he is suffering from the mistreatment since the day he confessed to him, he can’t help but attracted to the younger more and more, and his affection towards Kyungsoo grew stronger day by day. How can Baekhyun make him fall in love with him – or at least not make the doe-eyed boy hate him? Maybe if he can help him with something or save the day for him…but then he scoffs at his own thought. Kyungsoo avoids him like a plague; there is no way he can approach him without the other running away as fast as a cheetah.

Baekhyun gives a heavy sigh before looking up and almost having a heart attack as he comes face to face with a huge sculpture of Buddha. He shrieks before stumbling backward and eventually falling on his . Now he just wants to cry out loud for all the unfortunate events happened today. What kind of mentally retarded carries Buddha’s face on the suburban street!?

 “I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?” The person behind the sculpture shouts an apology in panic before showing his face from the side.

At that moment, Baekhyun wants to give thousands of thank you and prayers to Buddha’s face that’s still staring at him. He might actually become a Buddhist. “Kyungsoo!” He stands up swiftly, trying not to be affected by a change of expression in other’s face, before scanning the carving. “Is this the art project you were talking about? Wow, you should become an architect or something because it looks amazing!” But really, who would carve Buddha for a high school art project?

Kyungsoo stays silent so he decides to push a little. “It must be pretty heavy right? I’ll help you carry them.”

As Baekhyun moves to hold the sculpture, the younger shies away from him with a stern look. “No, don't bother with it, I'm fine by myself.”

Oh my god, Kyungsoo is talking to me! He is too happy to hear Kyungsoo’s voice directing at him that he fails to notice how miserable he is right now. So, with a newfound emotional strength, he pushes more without a hesitation.

“Don't be shy, I'm your senior and I should help you.”

“I don't need your help!” Kyungsoo turns around and holds his project more securely as if he is protecting his child from an evil witch.

“But it’s heavy!”

“I'm telling you – ”

“Kyungsoo, I – ”

After a few push and pull, the sculpture slipped away from the freshman’s grasp and in a blink of an eye, it crushed into dozens of pieces. Baekhyun slowly looks up at Kyungsoo’s face in horror to say something, ready to apologize hundreds of times or kneel down and beg for mercy a million times, but the other beats him to it.

“Don’t say a word,”

Baekhyun swallows hard.

“And I’ll break your neck if you come near me again.” And with the last threat, Kyungsoo stomps off to his home as he leaves the older alone.

 

I think I can cry now. Baekhyun cries.

 

 

++

Hello, everyone!

I'm very sorry for always being a slow as a snail writer…

So here is a part where Baeksoo are still awakward? with each other, and it was very fun to write (because it is always fun to make Baekhyun miserable haha)

Thank you very much for leaving me comments, subscribing, and upvoting! I really do appreciate them!