Final.

Just One Day at School

Hearing a ringing go off in the morning only meant two things, it’s time for school, or the house is on fire. With it not likely being the second option, Megan slowly sat up on her bed and turned to her little clock on top of her drawer. After checking the time she decided that she had a little more time to sleep and fell right back down before she heard a knock on my door.

 

“Megan, you better wake up or else you’re going to be late for school again!” Megan heard her mom yell from the other side.

 

“I’m up,” she replied groggily as she continued laying there on her bed. “Ugh can I just not go to school?” She murmured while she plopped right back up before falling right back down. “Maybe another five minute won’t hurt.”

 

“Megan!” she heard her mom shout again.

 

“Ugghhhhhh,” Megan groaned as she finally stood up from her bed. “Fine…”

She finally headed out to the bathroom to get ready for her day.

 

After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she went back into her room to change into her uniform. It was a black skirt, too short for her liking but she didn’t really mind anymore, with two pockets, which also did not serve any purpose at all, a white undershirt accompanied by a dark red blazer, and a black tie. She slipped on black nike socks that she borrowed from a friend of hers a while back and then gathered her two textbooks she had to bring home last night and her backpack which was too small for the textbooks to fit into.

 

Soon Megan went downstairs to find some money left on the table for her and a bowl of cereal, meaning that her mom already left for work. Being close to late for school, she quickly put her money inside her backpack, slipped on whatever shoes were closest to her and went outside. Right after, she locked the door and speed-walked her whole way to school.

 

When Megan arrived at school she noticed that barely any students were outside or in the halls, so she sprinted her way towards her homeroom, hoping that she wasn’t really as late as she thinks herself to be. Luckily, as soon as she walked inside, the bell rang and she walked fast to her desk, not without catching everyone’s attention first.

 

“Thank you for joining us Miss Zhang,” her homeroom teacher remarked as he chuckled a bit.

 

“Oh yeah, no problem Mr. Jo,” she replied casually.

 

After announcements of upcoming events, a little break was given to her until the next class started. Right after her homeroom teacher left, the door swung back open and the class got quiet noticing who it was.

 

“Yo yo yo Meg,” she heard a voice boom over the students in her class.

And she groaned right when she realized who the voice belonged to.

 

“What do you want right now Namjoon?” Megan asked in English.

 

“Nun’ much, I’m just bored and I wanted to see my lil’ sis. Is that wrong?” he replied in his broken, ratchet English.

 

“Oh my god can you stop talking like that,” she said stifling a laugh.

 

“Aight. Whateva you want,” Namjoon replied. “Oh shoot it’s almost time for our first class, I’ll see you in P.E.”

But not soon enough, he rushed out of Megan’s classroom and went to the other side of the building to attend his class.

Finally the bell rang again, signaling the first real class is just about to begin.

 

After three periods of nothing but math, English, and science, Megan had P.E. class. She was glad that because of this weird schedule mix-up, the fourth period of the day was going to last for the rest of the day and she was lucky enough for it to be P.E. Soon after she got out of changing into black cheer shorts and a plain white V-neck, she walked out to her class, exchanging “Hi”’s and “Hello”’s here and there. She gathered with her class and teacher and as soon as they were dismissed to do as they pleased, she wandered around outside near the track area.

 

Megan then saw this group of girls surrounding a basketball court and already knew what was happening, since it simply happens almost every day. When she got close enough to the small crowd of girls, some of them noticed her and let her through, some even slightly bowed. Megan watched her best friends play for a while just to figure out the teams and saw that Jin was sitting out, probably because the teams were uneven.

 

“Aye!” Megan shouted, trying to sound as annoyed as possibly, “aren’t you going to let me play too?”

 

Right when she got everyone’s attention, she ran towards Hoseok who had the ball and stole it. Soon enough, Jin joined in and one team was him, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok and the other was Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Megan. As soon as Megan joined in, the maknae team started catching up and eventually was winning. It was only because the hyung team didn’t want to hurt her, and Megan was cheating too. Every time someone on the other team who had the ball came close to her, she would either hug them as tight as possible or steal a kiss from their cheek.

 

Of course it was normal though, since they have all been friends for a while and Megan was a very laid-back, outgoing person. Also, she was one of the most athletic people in school, so that was a plus to the maknae team.

After about twenty minutes of playing, the maknae team beat the hyung team 32-27.

 

“Megan you are such a cheater,” Jin exclaimed as soon as we all sat down near the fence, under a tree for shade.

 

“Nuh uh!” Megan defended as she once again, gave Jin a quick peck on the cheek.

 

“Megan!” Jin shouted.

 

“Yes Jinnie?” she asked, feigning innocence.

 

“Nevermind,” he groaned before he rolled onto the grass and pulled Megan along with him.

 

They laid there together, cloud gazing until the rest of the boys came and sat around them. The guys started chatting about some random subject, of course brought up from Taehyung, and Megan closed her eyes, letting herself enjoy the moment. After a couple moments of silence, I heard Jungkook clear his throat and it wasn’t until then that I noticed all the boys went back to the court except for him.

 

“Meggy, I think you fell asleep,” Jungkook stated when he noticed that I woke up again.

 

Megan noticed that around her wasn’t grass, but Jungkook’s sport shorts and that she was laying her head down on his lap.

“Sorry, I didn’t want you to get dirty or anything,” he explained.

 

“It’s fine Jungkook, no worries. And thank you,” Megan assured him as she gave him an eye-smile.

 

As she started to get up, Jungkook pulled her back down and she ended up sitting on his lap with her back against his chest. Without warning, he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. He kept getting closer and closer to her neck and when he was too close and his breath hit her neck, she started giggling.

 

“Stop it Jungkook,” she finally got out before laughing some more.

 

“Stop what? I’m not doing anything?” he answered, pretending to truly believe he was innocent.

Jungkook then pulled back his arms a little bit and started tickling her sides.

 

“Jungkook. Stop. I can’t. Stop” Megan said between laughs.

 

Finally Jungkook let her go and ended the tickling, only to be tickled by her.

 

“How do you like it now?” she said as she sat in front of him, faked an evil laugh, and continued to tickle his sides until he fell down on his back. But that didn’t stop her. Megan sat on top of his stomach and continued to tickle his abdomen, and since she’s known him for quite a while, she also knows his secret ticklish areas. No stopping anytime soon, Jungkook got enough strength to turn them over, switching their positions.

 

“Aww,” Megan pouted when she realized what Jungkook had done.

 

“You little poop, I should tickle you right now. But I won’t. How about instead… I steal a kiss from you,” Jungkook said as he smirked.

 

Understanding what he said, Megan quickly covered her lips and shook her head.

 

“Stupid, I meant on the cheek,” Jungkook teased.

 

Megan slowly moved her hands away from her lips, nodded, and turned her head so he could kiss her cheek easier. Right when he was leaning in, she had second thoughts and quickly turned her head, only for her lips to meet Jungkook’s. She just let Jungkook have her first kiss, but she knew that she was also Jungkook’s first kiss.

 

They made eye contact and both of them could tell that the other was surprised. It was a pretty good thing that they were hidden in the shade, between a mildly wide tree trunk. Then after what seemed like forever, they both regained their sense of movement and separated from each other, only to stare at each other again.

 

“Hey you two! Why are you guys still over here? Too lazy to ball up or what?” Taehyung asked as he came over to the two both kneeling a fair distance from each other. “Or are you guys… making out?!” he teased before walking back towards the basketball court, not realising he left two very pink faced kids alone.

 

“Um,” Jungkook murmured, “he’s right. We should go back now to the guys…” He got up and held out a hand to Megan, hoping that she’ll at least take his help. Seeing her reach for his hand, he grasped it and pulled her up onto her feet.

 

“Okay, let’s go,” she said.

 

After a couple steps, she tripped and fell right behind Jungkook. But luckily, he turned around just in time and caught her before she could hit the floor.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked before letting her go.

 

“Yes, I’m fine Kookie,” Megan answered as she continued to walk towards the basketball court.

 

“Wait,” Jungkook exclaimed as he caught her wrist softly and pulled her back towards him. “Meet me after school, I don’t want our friendship to go to waste just because of a simple kiss.”

 

“I was just about to say that,” Megan complied and gave him a hug before they both shouted at their friends to choose one of them to be on their team.

 

Later on the guys met up after they dressed back into their uniforms, but Jungkook soon sent the guys home first because he had to “practice for an upcoming recital” which was a total lie and he didn’t understand why no one called him out on it, well except for Taehyung. But Taehyung is Taehyung and if they were playing the card game BS, he would call out BS on everyone’s turn, even his, so he shouldn’t really count.

 

Finally Jungkook spotted Megan from across the yard of the school and they both walked towards the bleachers next to the soccer field. When they sat down, they stayed in completely and utterly awkward silence. Until Jungkook sought to break it.

 

“Hey Megan,” Jungkook started.

 

“Yeah?” she answered.

 

“Just wondering, but who’s your favorite out of your Bangtan boys?” he asked.

 

“Hmm, that’s hard… I don’t think I have a favorite,” she replied.

 

“Oh come on, don’t lie. If you had to choose, who would it be?” he asked again.

 

“I’m not lying, I don’t have a favorite,” she repeated.

 

“Ugh, fine,” Jungkook answered her in an annoyed tone.

 

“Hey,” Megan spoke up.

 

“Hm?” Jungkook hummed.

 

“Don’t be such a baby,” she teased.

 

“I’m not,” he snapped back.

 

“Yes you are, you’re even pouting,” she teased again as she pinched his cheek.

 

“I just want to know who it is,” Jungkook persistently said.

 

“Why though? Why do you want to know? Why? Why huh? Why? Why? Why?” she kept asking, just to annoy him.

 

“Because,” Jungkook abruptly interrupted her, “I just want to know okay… I think I might, well. I think I might like you, you know? We’ve been friends for so long and for me to now realize this seems kind of surprising… But it’s okay if you don’t feel the same! Like I said, I don’t want to ruin our friendship. It means the world to me and I don’t want it to change either. I really hope that your point of view on me won’t change, I’m still the same person you have known for years and I know that-.”

 

“Jungkook.” This time it was Megan’s turn to interrupt him. “Calm down.”

 

Andd with that sentence, she kissed him again, but more passionately and longer than before. Their lips moved in sync as so did their hands when they found each other’s body. Jungkook slightly rubbed his hands up and down the sides of Megan, which made her smile into the kiss, as Megan’s hands were wrapped around Jungkook’s neck, pulling him as close as she could.

Soon after they pulled away from each other, Jungkook chuckled to himself.

 

“Megan, I really do like you.”


“Well Jungkook, thank you for catching me when I fell.”


[A/N]

Hi guys~ I hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry about the bad ending lol, I kind of rushed it at the end.

Since it's a oneshot I can't really add a lot of stupid things that Bangtan would do :c

But thank you for reading this (:

And I really am planning to update my other stories soon!

Sorry for making you wait~