Letting Go

Letting Go

Sehun pulled his car over to the sidewalk. He turned to Jinhee who was sitting next to him in the passenger seat and stared at her for a short while.

"What's wrong?" the confused Jinhee asked.

"Let's ...... let's break up" Sheun spoke.

Jinhee beame silent. She kept on telling herself ' it's a joke ' but apart of her didn't believe it as Sehun looked too serious.

"Let's end it here before it's too late. I can't give up everything I have just for us to be together. Who knows what will happen in the future, I don't want to have feelings of regret" he told her.

"Please don't say those things" she held his hand and said.

He pushed her hands away.

"Don't be like this, Jinhee. You're making it hard for the both of us" he spoke.

"Please don't break up with me, Sehun. I don't want to be lonely, I want to be with the person I love- " she said with watery eyes before being cut off.

"Get out" Sehun ordered with a serious tone.

Jinhee didn't move a muscle and just kept staring deeply into his eyes. This irritated him so he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out the car. He then went around the car and opened the door to the passenger seat. Sehun grabbed Jinhee's arm and pulled her out from the passenger seat and slammed the door shut.

"Sehun" Jinhee called as she followed him but he ignored her and got into the driver's seat and closed the door.

She tried to open the car door but it was locked.

"Sehun, please don't leave me" she cried as tears fell from her eyes.

He took one last look at her through the tinted car window before he drove off. She ran after his car but stopped after a while when her legs gave up since Sehun accelerated his speed when he saw her chasing after his car. Jinhee stood there crying as she watched his car get smaller and smaller as he drove further away. Soon, it started to drizzle which left tiny water droplets on her hair and clothes. Jinhee paid no attention to it as the only thing that ran through her head was Sehun.

While driving, Sehun tried his best to forget about Jinhee and the tears she cried because of him. It was even harder for him when it started to drizzle. As the light rain developed into a heavy shower, he turned his car around and headed to the place where he left her. When he got there, there was no sign of her. Sehun hated himself even more now because Jinhee was out there walking home in the rain.

As Jinhee walked in the heavy rain, she cried like there was no tomorrow, letting out all of her emotions instead of bottling them up inside of her. When she got tired from all the crying, she sat on the bench at the nearest bus stop. Several buses came but she didn't get on any of them because she didn't have any money with her. It was minutes to midnight and she was the only one there at the bus stop, she was soaking wet and cold.

Sehun drove around for a while before he found Jinhee sitting at the bus stop. He stopped his car infront of the bus stop and saw that she was drenched in rain and shivering. She had her knees pulled close to her chest and she hugged them to keep herself warm. He got out of his car and walked over to her without her even noticing. Sehun then took off his jacket and placed it over her which made her look up to find him standing infront of her. Jinhee sprang up from the bench and hugged Sehun tightly, never wanting to let him go.

"Sehun" she called softly while hugging him.

"Let's go" he said when he felt her shivering.

The hug was broken then he led her to the car and helped her get into the passenger seat. When he got in the car he turned off the air conditioner and the heater.

                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun gently laid Jinhee down on his bed and pulled the covers over her without waking her up. He brought her to his house because he didn't want Jinhee to be seen by her mother when she looked like this, soaking wet and crying. He pulled a chair besde the bed and sat there watching her sleep. When Sehun tucked away the hair that was in her face, it revealed her tear stained cheeks that reminded him that he was the one who made her cry. He leaned closer to her and wiped away the tears.

As he gently wiped away her tears, he, himself began to cry. One after the other, tears rolled down his cheeks. He kept on asking himself over and over ' why did this had to happen? ' The person he loved so dearly with all his heart was his half sister.

*FLASHBACK*

Sehun was in his room reading over some business deals when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" he said aloud.

The door was opened and his mother came into his room.

"What is it?" Sehun asked his mother as he continued with what he was doing. 

"I came here to talk to you about that girl, Park Jinhee" she answered.

"Mom, I know you don't like Jinhee but I love her so I'm going to be with her" he firmly told his mother.

Mrs. Oh then placed an envelope on his desk infront of him.

"Are you still going to say that when you see what's inside?" she asked him.

Sehun opened the envelope and took out what was inside of it. It contained information about Jinhee including her birth certificate and a DNA report.

"What are you doing with these?" he asked his mother.

"Sehun, you can't be with that girl. She's your half sister, you're both related to each other"  Mrs. Oh spoke.

"Stop making up lame excuses so that I can break up with her " Sehun said as he didn't believed what his mother told him.

"See for yourself" his mother told him as she held out the DNA report. "What are people going to think when they find out that you're in a relationship with your own sister?" she asked him.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Sehun had thought about the situation carefully and the best thing to do was to break up with Jinhee. He knew it was going to be painful letting her go but it was the right decision. He was afraid that one day she would find out and become disgusted of the relationship they're in. Sehun now had to let go of the person he loved. He held her hand and gave her a kiss on it before he let go of her completely.