Final

Beside You

Kim Jongdae was not happy.

 

 

 

 

 

Not happy at all

 

 

 

 

 

And when he’s not happy, you better start running like a gone crazy ‘cause you ain’t getting out of this room without a near death experience through a nosebleed.

 

Unbelievable, no?

 

 

 

But it’s possible. With his secret weapons, you’re bound to head towards the door holding a towel to your nose.

 

 

 

 

With that cute pout courtesy of his adorably curved lips combined with his teary and sparkling eyes, he will subject you to his wailing, acting like a three year old toddler who sounds like he’s got his candy taken away from him rather than the successful twenty-two year old singer that he is. He was older than me by two years, for crying out loud.

His next plan of approach would be by burying his head into your neck and proceeding to sob, moistening your shirt in the process. At that point in time, all you can do is make out sentences from the mumbled words the elder could mutter out properly. But most of the time all you can hear was ‘ him’ or ‘He’s the king of s’

When he asks you to hug him tighter, you know that your death is set.

 

 

 

 

Boom

 

 

 

 

Your body has probably lost a pint of blood already, hypothetically speaking.

 

 

 

 

That was what Oh Sehun was experiencing right now (except the nose bleeding part)

 

And he thinks he won’t be able to hold back anymore, if this hyung does not let go.

 

“Se-sehunnie! H-he rejected me! Ba-Baekhyun rejected me!”

He scrunched up his nose and sniffed.

 

And it was damn cute.

 

I made myself useful by rubbing soothing circles on his back and tightened my hold on him.

 

 

 

“Hyung… How many times have you confessed to him?”

“Six, why?”

 

I mentally face palmed myself. Sometimes I just really wanna bang my head on the wall because of him

 

 

 

 

Kim Jongdae, or what most people call him, Chen, was my stepbrother. He was also my sunbae in the company, I was currently training in. He debuted with a total number of five people, including him. And those very same people are now acknowledged throughout Asia, their fame even reaching the other continents in the west.  EXO has earned both the respect of the people and various awards from local to international ones. Despite their focus being on ballad, they liked to sing different genres like pop and RnB. It was quite effective having all the members be considered good looking; all the women would turn their heads at the sight of the charming men.

 

As I mentioned earlier, EXO is composed of five people, specifically four vocals and one rapper who rarely sings, using the excuse of embarrassment to avoid the talk.

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol, was a living mystery. His appearance did not match the deep voice he possessed. It was so bass I wanted to get a transplant just to get that voice. He was the only rapper of the group, and he was a great one. He made sure to keep the mood of the songs still upbeat, despite the piece being a ballad. He uses his God-given blessing to his advantage by backing up his fellow members with spine chilling vocals.

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, or D.O, on the other hand was too mature for his age. He was a very righteous man, always seeking the justice in the actions done by those around him. If he was not blessed with a sweet clarity for words, and a complete control over his notes, I think I would have spotted him in court where he would stand as a lawyer. Over all, he was an existence I appreciated because he takes care of me. He advises me on the aspects I could improve on during this training period of mine.  

 

 

Byun Baekhyun though. Now he was an existence I wanted gone. The er must have hypnotized Jongdae-hyung to fall in love with him. But I do have to admit that he has the skills and the bragging rights to call himself a leader of a top rookie group. He is known for his strong sense for variety and hitting high notes. (Not as high as him though)

 

 

 

Lu han was a bubbly addition to the group. Being the only Chinese member, he proved to be more cheerful than Baekhyun and Kyungsoo combined. He was known to be the sporty image of the group, endorsing and playing for different soccer and basketball teams all over the country. His voice never fails to calm you down with every chord he materializes.

 

But EXO wouldn’t be a world class star without its main vocalist

 

 

 

Kim ing Jongdae

 

Or Chen, is what people call him now.

 

 

 

He was a heaven sent angel, whose voice was practically overdosed with talent. He was the high note hitter of the group besides Baekhyun. His refreshing and smooth voice never fails to enchant its listener, leaving them astounded at his capabilities. Behind his cool exterior, he was a puppy-face five year old that still needs someone to stay by him at night. Everything about him was perfect, in all honesty.

 

But there was one thing he needed to change. It was how he had fallen hard for Byun Baekhyun, the bane of his life.

 

 

 

 

He kept on getting hurt, and I was always there to hug him and whisper words of comfort. Yet there he goes again, following his leader like a sick puppy.

 

 

 

“Don’t you think you should have understood the fact he doesn’t like you the first time?”

“No! He must have been shy at first! That’s why he couldn’t give me an answer. You know what they say, third times the charm!”

“Hyung you do realize that you’ve already passed your third try? You’re already at your sixth…”

 

He stopped for a while, a quick flash of sadness show itself.

 

I kinda feel guilty now for saying that.

 

 

 

“Oh… really? Well it doesn’t matter! I’ll just have to try and try again!”

The disappointed look that was previously apparent on his face immediately evaporated and was replaced with dismissing smile. He untangled himself from my embrace and out of my lap, jogging lightly towards the door.

“Hyung..”

“Hmm?”

 

“Just…just don’t give up… he’ll come around..”

He just chuckled, still having puffy red eyes from crying earlier.

 

“I know”

He turned his back on me and opened the door completely.

 

 

 

“I’ll be back before lunch Sehunnie! Wait for me in the cafeteria okay?”

“Sure, sure”

 

I lazily waved goodbye to him, wishing him all the best with whatever shenanigan he plans to execute on Baekhyun-hyung once again.

 

I was about to restart my singing practice that was interrupted by Jongdae-hyung’s wailing, when the same person peeked from behind the door.

“And Sehunnie, thanks for always advising me about Baekhyun. Your support really means a lot to me. You’re the best!”

 

A rare smile crept up my face.

 

 

 

“Anytime hyung, anytime”


He smiled one last time, before closing the door of the practice room completely.

 

I slumped back on the couch we were previously sitting on, regretting he and I ever met.

I looked at the music sheet in my hands, the notes swimming on the white page.

 

I chose to go down the same path as he did so that I could stand beside him.

 

But it seems like that place is about to be taken away by a jerk who actually rejects Jongdae-hyung because he did not want him to get hurt with the unknown effect of the public to their “possible” relationship.

 

It was funny

 

Funny that he could not see me as more than a step brother.

 

And yet he could see Baekhyun as more than a co-worker

 

 

 

 

We were both not blood-related!

So where do I lose?

Looks?

Voice?

Personality?

 

 

 

It frustrating

 

 

 

 

All too frustrating

 

That’s why silent tears flowed out of my tired eyes nonstop that night

 

Sometimes, when a person labels you as this already, it’s hard to become that in their perspective anymore.

 


What have I done?

 

Comment subscribe and upvote if you liked it!

Leave me some feed back on this one because I just did it in one sitting without double checking. (I really want to know what you though about it.) :>>>>>>>

 

Once again, mercy

 

ChenHun has damaged me greatly.

credits to the owner of this gif

 

~SnowySpring