The explanation

Not just another girl.

"Ohmygod unnie, than what happen next?! Did the both of you kiss? Did you guys confess? Are you both together?"

Bom sighed. “No Mingkki. I just told him that I feel like going back, and here I am now.”

“Aigooooo, why!!!” Minzy was disappointed for she had high hopes for the both of them. Nevermind, there’s always another time. But I’m sure Jiyong oppa is in love with Bom unnie. Yes, I’m so happy for you Bom. Jiyong oppa is really a good guy.

-------------------------

From Jiyong
Bom, shall we meet up at my house? :) I got to show you something.

To Jiyong
Okay~~!! ^^

---------------------

Bom was inside Jiyong’s house.  The moment she went in, she saw Jiyong staring at this painting on the wall as if he was in a trance. It was a picture of a room, which Bom later found out that it was very similar to the studying room in Jiyong’s house. In the background, there were sofas and chairs and a fireplace with a fire blazing in it. In the foreground, there were two men in a suit and a lady in between them, wearing a white gown with a butterfly necklace around her neck.

The necklace looked like the one TOP wanted her to find.

“It’s that necklace but somehow it’s not the same.” Jiyong said, which caused Bom to be confused. How can it be the same but different at the same time?

“Ehhhh?”

“Give me some time to think on how I should explain it to you. Anyway, Park Bom yang, do you want any drink? I’m a bad host, fancy asking you this question after such a long time.” Jiyong smiled, and messed his hair a little.

“It’s okay Jiyong.” Walking over to the nearest sofa, Bom tried to think what did Jiyong meant by that statement. Was something missing? Can he find it? Seeing Bom being deep in her thoughts, Jiyong walked into the kitchen to get them some coke before he explained his thoughts to her. He had to put it in a way so that it doesn’t sound weird to Bom.

“Okay Bom.. Firstly, I really hope you can follow me through my explanation. It’s gonna sound weird, but I really hope you can understand me.” He paused for awhile, making sure that Bom was following him. Seeing her looking at him with a serious expression on her face, he knew she was following. Pointing to the picture of the necklace, Jiyong started. “Okay. Firstly, this necklace here, is different from this.” Jiyong pointed to the necklace around the woman in the painting. Something seems to be missing from it, but I just can’t put a finger to it. And.. it doesn’t feel real, it’s as if it never really existed.”

Bom thought for awhile. “But it might have right?”

“Maybe.” Jiyong shrugged. “Somehow, it’s as if it disappeared in the past and it doesn’t exist in our time now.”

“Okay, let me think for awhile.” Bom tried to piece everything Jiyong said together with the information she had heard from TOP. “So there is a probability that the two are the same, but somehow something is missing from this necklace, and that it doesn’t exist in our time am I right?” Jiyong raised an eyebrow and nodded.

Bom stared at the painting, and finally found whatever she wanted to find. “This painting was done in 1900, but he said that the necklace was lost a hundred years ago, which means it was lost in 1910. So maybe, that’s the reason to why you can’t find it now. But it does exist in the painting.” Bom was starting to whisper even though they were the only souls in the house. “Jiyong ah, am I making sense? It does exist before in the past, but it doesn’t now?”

However, Jiyong wasn’t really paying attention to what Bom was saying. He was trying to figure out, who that ‘he’ was. “Bom, who is he?”

Bom opened and closed it several times. “I.. I.. He.. He.. Err..”

“Come on Bom, it’s about time you tell me about this matter.” Bom looked away from Jiyong, only to find him cupping her face with his hands and turning her face towards him. Her eyes enlarged themselves as she was shocked by what Jiyong was doing. Peeling his fingers slowly from her face, Bom tried to calm herself down inside. Somehow, his touch felt soo good.

Taking in a deep breath, Bom began her explanation, filling Jiyong with details of how TOP came to the store and requested for her help (or rather her sister’s), and how they met the other day and he explained to her about the necklace.

“But.. why didn’t you tell him you’re Park Bom and not Sandara Park?” Bom rolled her eyes for she knew this question was coming.

“Well, he thought I was Dara so I just played along with him.”

“But you’ll tell him the truth soon right?”

Bom hesitated before she nodded her head. “But I want to solve this mystery first by myself. I don’t want to feel.. Stupid and useless in the family.” Bom bowed down at the last sentence as if she was ashamed of herself.

“Bom, then why  do you want to pretend to be Dara? She ain’t as attractive as you are. You are wayyy better. And you’re not useless.” Jiyong smirked, which caused Bom to blush and blurted out a “WHAT?!”. Does he really think this way? Omo, I always thought to him Dara is prettier.  

“Okay, so I can finally understand this whole matter.”

“Ehhhh?”

“It’s because normally I can feel that object, but now the feeling is.. weird. I was starting to get worried, but now I finally understood. Normally, I just follow the feeling of that object, and I find it.”

“Have you ever followed it through time?” Bom’s voice was now hardly a whisper.

Jiyong’s face turned blank. “Why did you ask that?”

“Nothing.. I just thought.. Maybe..” Bom caught Jiyong’s facial expression and finally understood. He does have the Talent to time travel. “No way.. You.. You can time travel!”

Jiyong simply nodded his head, and then silence. After a few moments, Jiyong broke the silence. “But you do know that we aren’t supposed to time travel right?”

Bom raised her eyebrows. Since she had no Talent, she did not bother to read up and understand the different rules that were being set for them. Not only that, she did not bother to go for the rituals which the family had done for every children who are of  age of eleven, where he or she had been Talented for about four years. Every year, when there was a ritual being held to celebrate this, Bom would hide herself in her room, so that none of her relatives would see and and start the gossips all over again.

“I didn’t bother to know.”

“I didn’t know it too.”

Bom was shocked. “But.. Why? You’ve Talent.”

“My father. He never appreciates these kind of stuffs.” Bom nodded her head. She heard about his father. He was Talentless. Bom looked at Jiyong and smiled. It’s the first time someone talked to her about their Talent, and she’s really very amazed by it. She’s glad the first person she talked about is Jiyong and not someone else, which makes this even more memorable and special.

“Jiyong ah. Thankyou for talking to me about your Talent.”

“Hmm?”

“It’s the first time I heard about it.” Bom felt stupid when she said it, but it was a fact.

“How come? What about Dara?”

“Cause it hurts.” Bom placed her hand over her heart, and whispered. “My heart.. ain’t as strong as you think.”

The moment Jiyong heard Bom whispered that sentence out, his heart broke. He wanted to be there for her forever, so that she’ll never suffer again. Shifting himself closer to Bom on the sofa, Jiyong placed his hand over hers. Bom felt heat flowing through her skin.

“Jiyong ah..”

Jiyong just squeezed Bom’s hand under his. “Noona, mianhe. Mianhe, I shouldn’t have left you alone..” the both of them remained at that position for a few minutes, their faces were so close that Jiyong felt the need to control himself from his wild thoughts.

Ring~~~~

Bom’s phone started to ring, which caused the both of them to jump up. Bowing her head slightly as a form of an apology, Bom picked up the call.

“Hello?”

“UNNIE, WHERE ARE YOU!!!! I need help! I’m going on a date with Taemin but that witch doesn’t allow me to leave the dorm with Taemin because somehow, he had offended her. Save me unnie!!!!”

“Okay Mingkki, I’m coming!”

“Jiyong ah, can we go back to the dorm and continue this matter there? Minzy..”

“Come on Noona, we got no time to lose!” Grabbing her hand, Jiyong pulled Bom out of the house and the two started running towards Bom’s dorm and save Minzy.  

 

---------------------------------

Author's note: G-Bom moments coming soon in the next few chapters. :)