Promise

Worries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't look at me like that."

I sighed and ignored his intense glare. 

"Why was he contacting you?" He quietly asked with a cold tone.
"Why can't he?" I rolled my eyes and just continued with my nightly routine.
"You know I don't-" He started but I cut him off.
"Seunghyun, he's just a friend." I sighed once again and went over to where he was.

He just stood there with his arms crossed, looking like a handsome statue. I brought my arms around his neck and looked up at him.

"Babe, he's my co-worker. I got partnered with him for this project at the last minute. It's not like I can do anything about it. Besides, how do you expect us to work together if we won't talk?" I sighed, looking up at him, wishing he'd drop this issue of his.

"I never said anything about talking. Talking is fine. But the guy was flirting with you! I can only imagine how he would behave when it's only the two of you." He rolled his eyes and avoided my gaze. Instead, he settled them at the wall behind me.

"Why does that have to bother you? I wasn't even flirting back!" I furrowed my brows, trying to understand what he's getting at.

"I know, you're not.." He muttered. After a while, he unclenched his jaw and, as if finally giving up, uncrossed his arms. They soon found their way around my waist and just stayed there holding me as he sighed and let the silence take over.

I cupped his cheeks and made him look at me. "Seunghyun, tell me what's wrong. Why are you so upset? We've already talked about this before, baby. I thought you were okay with it.." I softly said and his eyes met mine.

He took another deep breath, and hesitated, closing his eyes for a bit. When he finally opened them, he looked back up at me and started explaining himself.

"It's just that.. I envy him. He can flirt with you just like that in public, talk to you whenever he wanted, see you every single day... He can be open with his feelings without anyone ever caring." He paused, before finally deciding to finish what he started.

"And... I'm scared. Scared that one day, despite all the boring work related things you do together, you'll wake up and realize that you've fallen for him. That you'd much rather have that kind of relationship - that type wherein you have the freedom to express your feelings and affections whenever and wherever. That kind of relationship wherein you won't care what other people will think; worry-free. And you'll choose him." He finished, not looking me in the eyes anymore, his gaze shifted to his feet.

Hearing all those words come from him - him, of all people - I didn't know what to feel.

At first, I was frustrated because we were fighting about the same issue all over again. But as I listened to him explain himself... I couldn't help but feel... Angry because he thought, even for a short while,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter