Prom?

Gold

This is why I'm going to jail all hail Davinci she helped me with ideas bless her soul


                Jaehwan was never the type of person to half- things. Whether it was a small leisurely cartoon or an important project, he would make sure to make it as extravagant as he could. This time, the act of asking a certain cute soccer captain to prom was no exception. He fixed his caramel coloured hair through the window of his car for the umpteenth time before deeming it perfect. As suave as he could, he slid on his sunglasses and adjusted his gold bowtie before heading towards the school courtyard.

                Where are you?

                                -J.T.

                He had previously asked the male in question to meet him in the courtyard. It was twenty minutes before class started, so there were students chatting and lounging about. Jaehwan searched the crowd with his eyes until he found the person he was looking for. Jung Taekwoon was frowning, hands in his pockets and seated next to the fountain. He was still in his soccer uniform, having just finished practice.

                Look up.

                                -Jaehwan.

                Taekwoon raised his head from his phone and searched the crowd, and as his eyes met Jaehwan’s sunglasses, the younger boy started his plan. Jaehwan ripped off his pants right there in the middle of the courtyard, revealing a pair of bright sparkling gold booty shorts – that definitely showed a little more than expected – and promptly began to strut towards him. Taekwoon’s eyes nearly bulged out of his head as he watched him walk over, his once stoic expression turning into one of panic. The students around him were just as awestruck, activities stopped and eyes followed the blonde and the printed letters that adorned his cheeks.

                Prom?

                Jaehwan turned around and bent so Taekwoon could see the one worded question written on his . With both hands on his knees, he began to gyrate his hips in a practiced manner. Yes, he had a whole routine. He shook his booty to the beat of the music that Hakyeon had started playing on his phone speakers. Cheers ensued as he began to grind his gold shorts (booty and all) into Taekwoon. The raven haired boy’s face was almost scarlet; shaking from head to toe as he shoved the latter male away from him and tried to strangle him to death. From there the teachers had come in to scold the two and force Jaehwan to put his pants back on (much to his reluctance). The courtyard was dispersed in a hurry.

                I hate you.

                                -J.T.

                Jaehwan received the text on his way to Math class. With a grin, he quickly tapped back a response.

                Soo you’ll go to prom with me then

                                -Jaehwan.

                He waited a minute. Two minutes. With a frown, he shoved his phone back into his pockets at the start of class. Halfway through the boring lecture and notes, his phone buzzed. He bit back a screech of joy and sufficed with pumping a fist into the air, gaining a strange look from his teacher.

                “Is there something you wanted to say, Jaehwan?”

                “Uhh sorry I was stretching,” he responded quickly, with a wide grin. He settled back into his seat, no longer thinking about formulas but a certain stoic boy.

                Okay.

                                -J.T.

---

                “C’mon.”

                “I said I don’t want to.”

                “But I spent good money on this!” Jaehwan shoved the sparkly gold shorts back into Taekwoon’s hands, “it’s not like anyone is going to see them. We’ll match for ourselves.”

                Jaehwan was standing in a pool of his trousers, once again donned in his special tight apparel. Prom was an hour away and Taekwoon still refused to put on the shorts he specially bought for him. They had decided to match the colour of their suits- white with black ties. The gold complimented the look really. Jaehwan posed in front of the senior’s body length mirror that hung on the wall, the gold sparkles reflected off the glass marvellously.

                “It looks stupid,” Taekwoon said.

                “You’re just saying that. Gold looks great with white,” Jaehwan scoffed in response, “I spent all this time preparing to ask you to prom and everything, the least you could do is wear the shorts under your suit.”

                “They won’t show through the pants, right?”

                “No they won’t. Just wear them for me? Please?”

                “Fine,” Taekwoon took the gold shorts from the stool he had strewn them on and stalked to the closet to put them on. Jaehwan waited for a moment.

                “Do you have them on?”

                “Yeah.”

                “Can I see you in them?”

                “No.”

                “I’ll buy you lunch tomorrow.”

                Taekwoon peeked his head from the side of his closet, his eyes down casted and face red.

                “I look stupid.”

                “I’ll be the judge of that.”

                “You’re a terrible judge,” Taekwoon shuffled out, looking absolutely stunning in the shining material. Jaehwan grasped his date by the arm and pulled him in front of the mirror with him.

                “Look at us, matching,” Jaehwan grinned, “turn around I wanna see our butts together.”

                Taekwoon rolled his eyes and turned around, as did he. The younger boy’s grin widened at the words printed on their butts.

                Prom? Yes.

                “See? I needed a yes to my prom so here you are,” Jaehwan pointed out, “It would hardly be fair if I were to wear mine alone.”

                “We’re gonna be late,” Taekwoon shimmied into his pants, “you should put your pants on.”

                “Okay okay,” Jaehwan grabbed his pants from the floor, “thanks.”

                “For what?”

                “You know,” he shrugged, “saying yes. To the shorts. And prom.”

                Jaehwan could swear the elder’s cheeks flushed pink.

                “No problem.”

---

                They were in the middle of dinner when Taekwoon rose to get a third glass of punch. Jaehwan didn’t miss the malicious grin on Sanghyuk’s face across the table upon the soccer player’s absence.

                “Sanghyuk what did you do?” he immediately began to pick through his own dinner; he knew from experience that the expression the youngest wore was not something to ignore.

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” the boy responded smoothly, he turned his attention to pick imaginary dirty from his fingernails.

                “Hongbin what did he do?” Hakyeon grabbed the brunette by the ear with a sharp tug. Hongbin, a usual accomplice of Sanghyuk’s dirty work, was a terrible liar. He wailed and swatted at the eldest boy’s pinch.

                “Nothing nothing!” Hongbin complained and successfully pulled himself out of the death grip of Hakyeon, “jeez, just because you’re Mr. Valedictorian doesn’t mean you get to boss us around.”

                “Yeah but what if you poisoned our dinners?” Wonshik, the music enthusiast of the group, was also picking at his dinner, “if I die of food poisoning it’s your fault.”

                Sanghyuk just laughed, “You guys are acting like I’d actually poison you guys.”

                “Dude, you replaced Hongbin’s coffee with expired soy sauce last week,” Jaehwan pointed out.

                “Well he didn’t die did he?” the boy rolled his eyes, “admit it, it was funny.”

                “Just tell me what you did so I can at least my dinner without worrying about bugs in my food,” Hakyeon sounded annoyed.

                “I think it’ll be rather self-explanatory,” Sanghyuk grinned, “oh hi, Taekwoon-hyung.”

                Taekwoon stumbled over his feet and spilt some of his punch onto the table cloth, “oops.”

                “Are you okay, Taekwoon?” Jaehwan asked. The raven haired boy was preoccupied with his dinner, almost missing several times when trying to fork mashed potatoes into his mouth.

                 Hakyeon took the glass of punch from the table and sniffed it, “Oh my God, you spiked the punch.”

                 “Oh.”

                 Jaehwan’s attention swerved back to Taekwoon. He was swaying slightly in his seat, with a little smile on his flushed face.

                “My God, how much alcohol did you put in there? Look at him.”

                “Truthfully not that much,” Sanghyuk frowned, “never thought he would be such a light-weight.”

                “Gimme back,” Taekwoon fumbled for the glass in Hakyeon’s hands, “I’m thirsty.”

                “You will have none of that,” the boy pulled it away.

                “No give him more,” Hongbin laughed, “we might be able to get him to dance tonight.”

                “That would be interesting to see,” Wonshik admitted, “Not like he’d make a huge scene would he?”

                “Okay fine,” the eldest handed the glass back to the tipsy boy, “but just a little bit.”

                Four glasses and a broken window later, Hakyeon greatly regretted his decision.

                Taekwoon was a wild drunk- a polar opposite to his usual shy self. Jaehwan had to cover his own eyes as he watched the senior grind against his own Chem teacher on the dance floor. So much for only getting him to dance.

                “I’m a boss ,” the raven haired boy yelled as he stood on one of the tables. Numbers of people were in shock at his sudden actions, but questioned nothing when he began to strip his clothes, which earned an abundance of cheers. Jaehwan wasn’t sure if he should watch as his date shredded his clothing piece by piece, revealing his token gold sparkling booty shorts. Hongbin- who was beside him, was just about to soil himself laughing at the sight of the printed ‘yes.’ that decorated his . Hakyeon chose to take no part and decided to pretend he didn’t know them, whilst Wonshik and Sanghyuk hung around the buffet table and munched on snacks.

                There Taekwoon stood, in nothing but the shining skin-tight material, twerking. His body was just as muscular and toned as Jaehwan had imagined, yet he wasn’t sure if he had seen his body in the right circumstances. Taekwoon’s arms were above his head, moving his to the music, just like Jaehwan had- but better (much to his surprise).

                “Who hired the stripper!?” he jumped at the voice next to him. A surge of panic flittered through his veins as he saw the principal, looking quite angry.

                “Uhm, Mr. Go, that’s Jung Taekwoon,” Hongbin cut in, “The senior soccer team captain.”

                “ MY HELL YEAH,” said soccer team captain shrieked.

                “Oh.” The principal rubbed his temples, “someone get him off the table before he hurts himself.”

                Hongbin stared pointedly at Jaehwan.

                “Wha- me?” he internally groaned. How was he supposed to get a twerking soccer player off a table by himself?

                “You’re his date,” the brunette shrugged.

                “I know,” Jaehwan sighed and pushed past the crowd to get to the edge of the table. The students were now actually throwing money at the boy.

                “Hyung!” he tugged at Taekwoon’s sock, “Taekwoon-hyung!”

                The intoxicated boy knelt and squinted at him, “who’re you?”

                “It’s Jaehwan,” he said, “your date. Remember?”

                A wide grin stretched across Taekwoon’s face upon hearing the familiar name, “dance with me?”

                “Uhm, if you come down from the table, yes,” he tugged on his date’s hand, “come on.”

                “’Kay,” Taekwoon promptly leapt off the table, almost crashing to the ground if Jaehwan hadn’t caught him, to which he latched on and wrapped his limbs around like a koala, “paint me like your French girls.”

                Jaehwan had to admit that was kind of cute.

---

                Taekwoon found the stares at school quite uncomfortable – surely he didn’t have anything on his face (he checked the mirror three times). Prom was a complete blur, but he did remember waking up at four in the morning at Jaehwan’s house and vomiting into his sink.

               “Why is everyone staring at me?” he asked during lunch. He felt like an animal at the zoo with all those eyes on him.

                “Well, Taekwoon,” Hakyeon pat his shoulder with a grimace for a smile, “you kinda went crazy last night.”

                “What do you mean crazy?”

                “Well you were hella drunk for starters,” Hongbin pushed up his glasses, “blame Sanghyuk.”

                “Shut up, you were the one who brought the booze,” the accused boy scoffed.

                “Did I say something embarrassing?” Taekwoon felt his heart leap into his throat, “please don’t tell me I said something stupid.”

                “Oh trust me, it’s worse than that my friend,” the brunette smiled. That jerk.

                “Then what else did I do?”

                “Um, you took your clothes off,” Jaehwan broke the news gently.

                “All of them?”

                “Not all of them, but everyone saw the booty shorts.”

                “Everyone?”

                “Everyone.”

                “Oh God.”

                “On the bright side people threw money at you,” Wonshik chewed thoughtfully.

                “I’m so embarrassed,” Taekwoon buried his face into his hands.

                “That’s not all though,” Sanghyuk said, “you were grinding on Mrs. Song earlier.”

                “What!?”

                “Broke a window too.”

                “And danced on a table in your booty shorts.”

                “Oh, and the principal thought you were a stripper,” the youngest grinned. Taekwoon wanted to dig a hole and bury himself alive.

                “I’m probably in huge trouble aren’t I?”

                “Trust me, they were all more concerned about your health than anything else,” Hakyeon tried to comfort him. He felt like crying.

                “I’m never leaving my house again.”

---

                Taekwoon was on his way to choir class when it happened. He barely spoke to Sungjae and was surprised when approached by him in the hallway.

                “Uh hey so like… Where did you get your shorts?” he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, “because… my girlfriend wants a pair.”

                Taekwoon was so stunned he fell into silence. The two boys stood there for God knows how long just staring awkwardly at each other. It almost seemed like a staring contest except they were blinking and breathing weirdly. It wasn’t until Jaehwan stepped in that they moved an inch from their positions.

                “Hey, where me and my boyfriend get our booty shorts is none of your business,” the caramel haired boy looped his arm around Taekwoon’s shoulders casually, “I’ll text you the link to the website later.”

                Sungjae just nodded and scampered off quickly, and Taekwoon’s shoulders sank. He would have started walking with Jaehwan to class but the only thing on his mind was the “B” word echoing over and over.

                “C’mon,” the younger pulled him by the elbow and he followed, quiet. It was typical for him to be quiet, but it was quieter than usual (if that made sense).

                “Taekwoon are you okay?” Jaehwan asked.

                “What are we now?” he finally said, his voice came out weaker than intended. He was afraid if he were to speak any louder that it would crack into a million pieces.

                “What?”

                Taekwoon took a deep breath, “Uh.. That thing you said in the hallway. Did you mean it?”

                Jaehwan’s pretty lips formed an “O” shape, but he had that glint in his eyes, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                “Oh,” he breathed, “forget about it then.”

                They fell into a silence as they walked towards their class. Taekwoon fought back the tears that threatened to spill - God he was so stupid.

                “Taekwoon,” Jaehwan stopped him before he could duck into the classroom.

                “What?”

                “Will you be my boyfriend?”

                This time it was Taekwoon’s turn to say “oh”. His face felt like it burst into flames.

                “Uh- yeah, yes,” he stammered, flustered, “yes.”

                Jaehwan smiled, “Cool. See you at lunch then?”

                “Uh, yeah, yes sure.”

                I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!

                                    -Taekwoonie

                And I have detention cause the teacher caught me texting in class you little

                                   -ChaNNNN