End

Runaway

Nothing But Love


Being married is not like a stroll in a park.

No it was far from that imaginary, blissful and just plain oozing perfect life one could imagine once they get married.

Yeah ,the feeling of happiness one gets when the preparation for the wedding, the choosing of the gown, the motif of the wedding, every single detail being intensely  inspected by the bride so that her ‘perfect wedding day’ would go smoothly as planned, bridezilla qualities coming out of the bride but  when the most awaited day comes the bride goes limp with just anxiety and nervousness with walking down the aisle yet once they see everything they worked hard for, the smiles on the guests faces, the fairytale like aura, the elegantly designed church, the warm and overwhelming feeling surrounding the air and the best of all seeing your groom smiling at you at the end of the aisle, waiting for you to be faithfully and spiritually his.

How beautiful and perfect it would feel and just worth every single disastrous and stressful things and events the bride had to go through would just vanish and be seen as a funny memory as bliss and happiness envelopes the bride as before her very own eyes flashes the life she’s going to have with her groom

Then when the vows and signing of the contract is done and over with the priest would announce the famous line; you may kiss the bride.

The fairytale she once dreamt of as a little girl suddenly feels like it’s being reality.

Oh just how seemingly perfect life would start for her, yes, for the starter everything feels new and refreshing and dream-like but what if being married to someone who’s an idol, the recipe for a perfect marriage life seemed too perfect to imagine, he would always be there while you’re here, the time zone difference when he’s performing abroad, the late night coming home, the barely seeing each other fiasco. But then in the vow they both made in front of everyone and especially the dear Almighty God, they both said,

“Through thick and thin.”

Now that Sungjee and Kris has been married for one year and a half, things got a little well that’s more of an understatement as they both got really busy, EXO became one of the fastest rising demanded group, thus filling their schedule to the max while Sungjee got promoted with her job as now the sous chef on the famous Ritz Carlton Five Star Hotel in the city’s office towers.

They have great careers ahead of them but then seems like some of the sparks that were felt on the first year slowly fades.

It’s truly saddening how easy it is to forget their love for each other, no more of the times when they would randomly call each other just to say the words,

 “Baby, I love you.”

But Kris Wu wanted to be with his wife, he wanted them to have time for themselves, away from the crowd, away from the usual, striving not to be like a mediocre couple, they were a unique pair to start with, a laid-back cool guy while a stubborn and bold woman.  They were like Yin and Yang, he was just lax about some things thinking that stressing about everything that goes on in his life would do him no good while she was a control freak, paranoid with everything happening around her, she always want things to go her way as she’s afraid of committing mistakes and being hurt. He was a tad talkative while she keeps herself to her own when not in her zone or professional stance. But the overly worn out saying defines them; Opposites do attract.

If just one day they were given to just runaway, he would do every little thing they both used to do and make everything right.

Honestly even though they were both busy not a single second doesn’t go by that they don’t think of each other.

It has been so long that they had time and today Kris Wu wanted to make the day he wished for today.

 

 

~oOo~

 

 

In their condo unit in downtown Seoul, Kris got home early as he begged his manager to just let him off for just one day with an excuse if he doesn’t he might just collapse but honestly he’s becoming home sick and just misses his wife. He feels guilty for not being able to call back, check up on her, and spend some time with her to put it simply to be with her. He feels like as his duty as her husband is being neglected and not being filled he thought at least to make up for a percent of it he would make dinner for the both of them and on the way home he got her one of her favorite champagne; Champagne Krug Vintage Brut 1996, he remembers how at one point Sungjee was obsessed with tasting it again when one of her colleagues gave her one when they had a trip to France and ever since then she loved that sparkling wine. Making his way to the kitchen in which Sungjee calls ‘her fortress’ Kris navigated around the fridge looking for something to cook since nothing really is particularly appealing to his mind right now, seeing a slab of tenderloin steak at the bottom, he grabbed it and looked for potatoes and asparagus and some other ingredients as he thinks he could make some pan grilled steak over a bed of asparagus and some mashed potatoes on the side. When you have a wife who’s a chef it bound to happen that some of her passion in cooking would rub off on you. So Kris knew some some of cooking.

 

It was almost past quarter to 10 that he had plated up and lay out and set up the table before hearing the front door give a click signaling the code was entered

 

 “Oh baby I didn’t knew you were gonna be home tonight.” Sungjee was baffled when she walked into the kitchen to drink when she saw that her husband already had late dinner served for the both of them.

“If I knew you were coming home tonight I would have been the one to make dinner since I knew you’re stressed out seeing how busy you guys got. Like everywhere I see it’s inevitable to not see you guys flocking the streets with your advertisement.” Sungjee said she walked towards her husband to wrap her arms around his waist before looking up at him and smiling at him as she says those words.

 

Reaching out to give him a sweet kiss on the lips, the zing they both felt when they first had their awkward yet blissful kiss once again resurfaced.

Snaking her arms around his neck, Kris tightened and leaned her towards him as she kissed Sungjee sweetly at first like translating how much he missed her before turning the kiss into a passionate and clearly longing kiss as like he was not able to breathe without her by his side.

 

Pulling away from each other as the lack of oxygen finally hit both of their system they put a bit of distance before each other but still encasing one another on an embrace. Pulling her again so that the distance once again was non-existent he placed his chin on top of her head as she cuddled closely to him to intoxicate herself with his musky, masculine yet cool scent.
 

“I missed moments like this but mostly I missed you.” Kris said as the moment got silent before his statement resonated around the room filling the lonely gap in Sungjee’s heart with butterflies and summersaults. Happiness erupted in her as she heard her husband’s sweet words slip out of his luscious lips she missed so much, how she missed that candy flavored pair of lips exclusively for hers to taste and indulged.

 

“I missed you more my Abarimon FanFan.” Sungjee said as she used her nickname for him that he despise in the beginning yet learned to cope with it seeing how much fun Sungjee was having calling him that. Sungjee always had interest on mythical creatures; he remembered her saying when girls her age would love this overly sweetly sickening fairytales that always had a happy ending, she was so into those wicked stories, the twisted yet fascinating out turn for those fairy tales which often includes mythical creatures so that was when her interest on learning and knowing the most famous mythical creatures in a country. When he asked what an Abarimon is, she said that the creature is the name of a legendary racer with backwards feet, but in spite of this handicap was able to run at great speed. They lived side by side with wild animals and attempts to capture them failed because they were so savage. They lived in a great valley of Mount Imaus (now called the Himalayan Mountains in Pakistan). Saying that people described this mythical creature as cold and angry looking also that it had an incredible height for it to climb the mountain which she thought was befitting for him.

 

Breaking away from her husband who she felt got thin, a slight frown graced her face as she looked at him and said.

“Yah! Is my FanFan not eating well? You’re close to being just bones, and I tell you ,you mister  have large bones! Let’s eat this dinner you prepared and fatten you up! I don’t care what your company says but I would want you to gain some weight, it kind of stresses me to see you looking so thin yet working so hard. And don’t worry I won’t judge you r cooking skills.” Sungjee reprimanded him and as she grabbed his left arm to pull her on the dinner table.

 

 

~oOo~

 

 

Laying on the big soft mattress they both had shower already and now in their sleep wear, Kris’ arms serving as Sungjee’s pillow as she leaned her head in his chest with her left arm draped over his torso while their free hands intertwine, lifted into the air as they both admire the beauty and symbolism of the objects while their wedding bands meeting and giving a soft glinting glare as the light of the chandelier in their bedroom bounces off and reflects on the lustrous objects surrounding their ring finger.

 

 “I’m sorry.” Kris said breaking the sweet silence that engulf the room as his voice suddenly filled with guilt.

 

“Why are you even sorry for?” Sungjee asked as she was at lost at why her beloved husband were saying sorry to her and sounding so down.

 

“You were always just patiently waiting for me to come home, spending your nights alone when this bed was bought for double occupancy, not being a normal husband to you, us not being able to go to public dates and you’re not even complaining about them, you’re always so understanding and logical and reasonable with my every action.” Kris said as his voice filled with burden as he truly felt useless and not husband material for his wife, like he was failing at being a husband for her.

 

“You did know that when I married you, I learned to understand our situation, even before I said yes to being your girlfriend, I always knew what you wanted and you were always set on that goal of yours, while I’m also like you, I also feel like I’m not filling my part as your wife and I am sorry for that, were both at fault so you don’t have to say sorry to me.” Sungjee said as she turned to the side to cup Kris’ face as she looked into his eyes, wanting her warm gaze to penetrate his walls of worry to melt down and be washed away.

 

Kris shifted in his position before pulling her towards him tightening his grip on her as he closed his eyes to just listen to both of their breathing pattern matching one another’s at it became like a soft lullaby for him to sleep.

 

Seeing her giant being silent and looking at peace she hosted her upper body up before placing a soft kiss on Kris’ forehead and brushing his bangs to the side before muttering,

 

“Good night my forever anxious hubby, I wish there are more nights we can be like this, but I understand and honestly I’m just really happy that your here with me, basking in your addicting sweet scent, feeling your warmth, seeing you peaceful here beside me, that’s enough for me, but I sometimes wish that there would be an addition to our family but I guess I am wishful thinking again since were both busy and having to take care of a child would be a big burden but I know time will come and God will grant us a little one. Good night my love, I will always love you.” Sungjee said as she looked at him before cuddling up to Kris closer and shutting her eyes letting herself fall into the sound of his heart beating lulling her to dream land.

 

But what Sungjee didn’t know was that Kris was actually awake just closed his eyes but he is fully awake and aware of what Sungjee was saying, thinking of her words, he couldn’t help but detect the longing for a child in Sungjee’s voice but then it would be a bad timing if she did carry one now, yes he honestly thought of raising kids with her at some point but now, maybe he just want to have time for themselves.

 

So as his thoughts drove him all night burning some of the midnight oil as he was thinking of where they both can ‘runaway’ as he just wants nobody around them but just him and her.

 

 

~oOo~

 

 

“Good morning FanFan! Wash up and I’ll serve breakfast.” Sungjee said as she had an apron on and was just done with cooking for the both of them, she was always an early bird so it was no mystery to Kris was she was already dressed and cheerful.

Kris stood next to Sungjee as he looked at the table to find eggs benedict with green tea and coffee with half and half, he knew that the tea was for him since she knew how he liked green tea while Sungjee detest teas well with the exception of bubble tea that is but she just hates what she call ‘doom weed drink’ but she has this addiction to coffee and she said she would rather stick to it rather than force herself to like it as it seemed bogus for her to try and cheat herself on thinking she liked the drink.

 

Holding out a hand and once he had a grip on her wrist he pulled her to him before leaning down to give her a gentle sweet kiss, closing both of their eyes savoring rare peaceful mornings like this, it was like they were was again just married recently, the feeling of giddiness and refreshing aura enveloping them.

 

“Is it your day off today?” Kris asked Sungjee as he had something planned for the both of them.

 

“Hm. It is. Why? Do you have plans? Do you need to go back at the dorm already?” Sungjee nodded as she was tucking away her apron on the cupboard and reaching out to the drawer to fetch some cutlery for them.

 

“No, I still don’t need to go back. I actually asked for the day off also so I was wondering if you would like to come with me.” Kris asked as he was now seated in front of Sungjee who also settled down to eat as well and is now munching on breakfast.

 

“Really? It’s okay for us to go outside? Wouldn’t it be too troublesome for you since what if someone recognizes you?” Sungjee stopped eating as she was pleasantly surprised as her eyes widen with a certain twinkle in them but when the last part came out of her lips uncertainty draped over her voice as she was worried of them getting found out.

 

“Don’t worry I don’t think many people who would recognize me with be flocking around the place I choose. And I’ll be extra careful. I promise you have nothing to worry about.” Kris assured his wife with his famous gummy smile that makes him looks silly and carefree making Sungjee agree with a smile on her face and when she saw her husband with his cute smile a small eruption of giggles escaped her as she loved how stress-free his face looks when he smiles like that.

 

Then the kitchen was filled with laughter as the couple gone back to eating and talking of things that recently came up. The air in their condominium never seemed this lively since Kris became busy again with their promotions and such.

 

 

~oOo~

 

 

The couple just got off the train and is now trailing around the Bukchon Hanok Village as they considered this as their ‘getaway’ as Kris’ surprise was to run away from everything and be with just each other in the place where love first found them.

 

For a day, just the two of them

 

With them only needing each other and no one else

 

When everything around them got so complicated

 

It only takes a day to change it.

 

Hand in hand the two cruised along the village, as they both talked about the memories and moments they both have in the neighborhood as this was where they both first met and this was where supposedly in Kris words where he would always go to and hope to see Sungjee when he first met her as he was hopeful those meeting would have a repeat and it did happen.

 

As Sungjee was pointing out the things which fascinated her with Kris smiling and inputting his thoughts and what he can remember about it.

 

As the two hand in hand walked around they stopped in the café where they exactly had met; Handycraft café.  They are famous for hand drip coffee and the open lighted environment, the wood adorned furniture’s  and the homey vibe it offers to its customers which Sungjee dote so much and it was coincidently what she was drinking when Kris walked through the  doors of  the  little humble café situated in the market district of Bukchon Hanok Village.

 

Getting inside the café Sungjee pushed through the door and sat down at the booth at the end since Sungjee is someone who likes her privacy, and it was the same booth he saw her at which where she was sipping yet admiring the coffee albeit ever since as a kid Sungjee was a foodie and had known which path of her to take. Plus a self- proclaimed caffeine addict she was, she had this inner checklist of café’s she’s been to and tried their best selling coffees and everywhere she goes if there was a café it was no surprise for people who knew her well that she would spend her time in there and just savor the coffee and mentally compare it with other coffees she had tried.

 

“It’s been a what? A year? Since we’ve been here.” Sungjee asked as she sat down at the booth and smiled as nostalgia engulfs her as she took in the environment of the establishment as it still sports the same uniquely sweet aroma, the home relaxing kind of feels that surrounds you, the indie songs that touches your ears with sweet melodies that leaves you lounging on your back and savoring the peaceful atmosphere.

 

“I think so. This place still looks the same isn’t it?” Kris asked as he sighed in complete nostalgia hitting him also as he looked around with a small smile etched on his face.

 

As they once settled down they both ordered coffee and chatted for a while.

 

As they were laughing at a funny memory with Kris being too tall that he bumped his head on the door frames of a rent house in the village it happened  as they had to spend the night in the village as, they kind of  drowned on each other’s presence ,it was when Kris was still courting Sungjee and they talked for hours and it was already too late for them to go back no buses or train were available at that time and if they were to look for a taxi seems like it would take up a lot of hours and Kris needed a lot of sleep since he had schedule the next day.

 

“I really liked moments like, it makes me want to treasure every single second with you since now it’s almost rare for us to have time like this. I missed this. This little things we used to do and what has gotten us to where we are now, happily married.  I miss you generally speaking, I miss being with you without caring about what time is it, what would happen if your manager finds out you sneaked out of the dorm, and what do I stand in your life.” Sungjee said as she played with the rim of her cup as she voiced out what was on her mind. When this tall charming guy came up to her the first time she wouldn’t deny that she was captivated with his intimidating aura and his tall stature but once he asked her meekly if someone was occupying the seat in front of hers, which she honestly thought was such an old tactic, but she wanted to test him if he was like the others that once they realized she has a sharp tongue would slowly become uninterested in her but it pleasantly surprised her that he only laughed and smile at her, a dashing smile that left her  stunned but hypnotized with his charisma and cool vibes. Then from then on their little push and pull love story began.

 

Grabbing Sungjee’s hand Kris slide it near him before intertwining their fingers together tightly as his ring finger and thumb played and fiddled with Sungjee’s wedding ring

 

“I missed you too so badly you have no idea how much I was always worrying about you every second of the day, I always wanted to go home and be with you but I knew what I signed up for and I’m thankful with you because I got a wife that’s beyond understanding that would always support me with a smile on her face saying I should do my best, how can I not love you? I’m sincerely sorry for those times when I was away but I just want to say that this day is all I need for everything to change to feel like we’ve started all over again with you falling for me again while me, I already fell for you when I first saw you, cliché as it might sound but when I saw you, you were draped in peacefulness and warmth that I thought you’re perfect, perfect for me. If I may Mrs. Wu, would you like to take my hand and fall in love with me all over again? Here in this place where everything started.” Kris said as he looked at her with twinkle on his eyes pouring out himself on her.

 

“How can I say no when the person I love said such sweet things?” Sungjee laughed a little as she nodded at Kris as she loved this moment, every bit of it; she wants time to stop and just stay like this forever.

 

Moving her chair next to his she shifted herself on a comfortable position with her leaning he head on the crook of his neck and their hands still intertwined.

 

“You know I’ve never told you this but I was always scared of saying yes to you back then when you asked me to be your girlfriend. You’re surrounded with beautiful girls, girls that have the beauty and fame, the ones like you. I always thought and still do though that I’m not par up to your league yet you chose me. I was so uncertain that you would stay and be serious with me, I was a nobody compared to them and to be rational you can see them more than me.” Sungjee muttered in a small voice at it still puzzled her what does she had that got him attracted to her, her who she considers a plain Jane, the wallflower of her schooldays.

 

“Because you’re you.” Kris answered her while looking at his side gazing down softly into her questioning orbs while he had a soft smile plastered on his face.

 

“But I’m difficult.” Sungjee said as she looked at him with her eyebrows creased.

 

“Yes you are but then it’s a part of you that I love, you’re like a maze to me when I thought I was so close to figuring you out you surprise me. You’re beautifully different and that’s what I love about you. You’re someone whose personality and characteristics never failed to leave me at awe. You’re simply amazing, you’re so worth it that I always think that every breathe I breathe for the life I’m in that I might not deserve it but you love me that it leaves me second guessing that maybe I could be somebody’s reason , I also love how you know me better than myself. See I’m a man but I’d be damned if I don’t believe in us, in loving you.” Kris said he honestly spoke what he was feeling about her, what got him so hooked on her.  He would admit she was a challenge for him but she was worth every effort he put in and he wouldn’t mind challenging himself more for years to come with her.

 

“I was not someone who’s used to being attached to someone so rapidly but you, you seeped your way to my heart without you knowing and  I was falling quickly, I was so sure when I said for the first time that I love you and with tears lined up on your eyes and then you saying you love me back, in all the years I have lived that left me searching for feeling complete, it was the moment those beautiful words came out of your lips that I finally found it.” Kris continued as he wrapped an arm around her and drew her even more closely to him.

 

Slowly Kris placed a soft kiss on Sungjee’s forehead on which Sungjee’s eyes flattered close as it felt like eternity might be close to spending with him if every moment were like this.

 

As Kris pulled away, Sungjee was about to open her eyes but Kris then placed a gentle kiss on Sungjee’s lips that made her smile into the kiss.

 

It was the feeling of content that embraced the two of them.

 

The two of them may not be perfect but they complete each other’s flaws.

 

There were no more questions on why they love each other.

 

They simply did.

 

They just simply love each other.

 

Nothing felt more blissful that this moment, with them, in the place where love first found them, where they only needed each other.

 

If it would be possible everyday they wished to runaway

 

Runaway to a world where there’s only the both of them

 

It would simply be amazing.

 


check out the other version of this

How They Met, and Other Stories

Chapter Two :D