Chapter 23

Dark Side

After three years.. 

"Finally!" Ji Eun shouted as she ran out of the airport doors. The cold but fresh air greeted her first as she excitedly dragged her luggage with her, Baekhyun who was following her just shook his head. Three years, three long years of being away from home, a lot of things change. Three long years away from being home would the people he knew would still be the same? 

"Come on, you have to meet your superiors hurry up!" Ji Eun commanded and Baekhyun just followed her. He knows that the girl was excited of course, she's going to have her first job as a psychologist in his department and they're going to work together solve cases, he knows Ji Eun likes those kinds of things. 

"Okay, okay. It's not like we're going to be dead. Westill have an hour and it only take twenty minutes to go there.." Baekhyun said as he put all their luggage inside the car, Ji Eun just stuck her tongue out Baekhyun just shook his head with his friend's childish actions. 

"Wow, it changed a lot!" Ji Eun screamed excitedly as they passed random buildings. The place really changed a lot, Baekhyun doesn't even recognize some of it anymore. He just took a deep breath while staring out of the window, a face appeared on his mind again and it never failed making him remember that person every single day. 

"Won't you go meet her after this?" Ji Eun suddenly asked breaking Baekhyun out of his thoughts. Baekhyun just turned his gaze to her before shaking his head, he bet her life is more peaceful now without him and if it really is, then he'll choose not to bother her anymore. 

"Why would I? For all I know she's okay now, she's living peacefully and I don't want to ruin it.." Baekhyun said more like convincing himself. Of course he wants to meet her badly after a long time, he wants to see how she's doing, if she's happy, if she's fine or if she already found someone better than him. 

"Then let's say she is, but what if she waits for you?" Ji Eun asked and Baekhyun sighed. He's defeated, he can't find words to answer her anymore. Ji Eun is right, Taeyeon may be living fine and peacefully now but maybe just maybe there's still a part of her wishing that he'll come abck. 

"Alright,alright.. I'm going to see her but let me take my time. I need some time.." Baekhyun said before staring out of the window. He's afraid, he's afraid of her rejection and he doesn't know what he will do if she will reject him. 

"Okay, if you say so.." Ji Eun said and the car suddenly stopped. "Oh, we're here.." She said and they both went out of the car. Baekhuyn and Ji Eun entered the building and a person greeted them. "Buddy!" Tao shouted as he hugged his bestfriend tightly. 

"How are you doing?" Baekhyun asked happy to see his bestfriend again. Tao just lightly puched Baekhyun's shoulder before answering. "Of course, what else? I'm keeping an eye on your girl.." Tao said and Baekhyun lightly smiled. 

"Thanks.." Baekhyun sincerely said and Tao shook his head. "Now it's your time to look after her okay?" Tao said and Baekhyun nodded. "Sure.." He said. 

The day went well for Baekhyun, well except when he see things that remind him of Taeyeon but other than that he can say he's fine. After the meeting with his superiors, Baekhyun went to his hotel suite to take a rest. 

He's been thinking of ways how to approach her, he's been thinking of ways on how to get her back after all that he has done. 

But now, he's going to take all the pain he had and put it aside if she really means something to him. 

Now, he's going to show her how much she really means to him..