1

before all the glam

All lights in the SM Entertainmaint building in the practice rooms were turned off except for one. Two people were still in the room. SM Entertainment has released teasers of five trainees, so maybe that was the reason why the two were still practicing. They had to impress the audience and their soon to be fans, and to do that they had to practice and practice and practice. But then, why are there only two people in the room? Where are the others?

"Taemin-ah. One more, and then we can go back to the dorm. The others are already there." A voice from a taller boy called out. When he saw the dancer give an unsure nod of approval, he played the music. The music blasted again, and the smaller boy danced his heart out. He was getting better and better, but there was still something missing.

"Stop Taemin-ah." The taller boy paused the music and sighed looking at the floor. He draped his hands over his knees as he processed what to say to the other. "You are doing completely fine Taeminnie, but something is missing." He looked up to see Taemin's eyebrows creasing and a frown forming evidently on his face.

"But Minho hyung!' Taemin protested. "All I do is practice and practice! I have no idea what you mean by 'something is missing'. Besides, I could dance better than you. I  am so much better. And I'm pretty sure you agree with me... right?"

Minho was stunned at what Taemin said. Yes, he wasn't the main dancer of their new group 'SHINee', but Lee Soo Man told him to watch over Taemin. At first he didn't mind doing so, because he had been teaching Taemin since he got here. Later on did he realize that the main dancer was getting on his nerves.

"And you think I want to do this?" Minho scoffed.

He looked up to see even bigger eyes than before. "Ah, I-I'm sorry hyung. I'll do it one more time." Taemin coughed nervously, straightened his posture and waited for the taller to play the music.

--

"That was better Taemin-ah." Minho said as he turned off the music player and started packing it in his bag.

Minho didn't receive a response so he looked up at Taemin, only to see a huge smile, bright eyes and sweat glistening from his forehead. "YAY!" He shouted and jumped up and down like an easter bunny. 

"Yes, yes, you did a good job." Minho smiled to himself amused. He couldn't help but think that the other was cute. "Now, let's go back to the dorm."

"Wait." Taemin called out with a smile plastered on his face, although to Minho it looked like a smirk. "Before we go..." Taemin squatted so that he was levelled with Minho.

"I want to see you dance..."

It came out seductive that Minho's eyes grew bigger, earning an eager laugh from the other. "Just kidding! But I do want to hear you rap." Minho laughed for a while before clearing his throat. The rap overall was pleasant; only when it was nearing the end, did Taemin realize it was a freestyle rap. It was kind of cool as he listened, but then it sounded too personal and disorganized.

After the rap, he felt awkwkard. Why did he feel that way?

Taemin laughed when it grew silent. "Good job hyung!!" He grinned widely. When he smiled, he noticed a change from Minho. There was that glint in his eyes. The glint when a kid has seen something that makes him the happiest in the world, be it candies, toys or his mother.

"Who was that rap for though? It sounds personal."

It was silent again, but then Minho opened his mouth. A smile forming in his lips.

 

"It was for you."