[One shot + sequel] I Wish You Eternal Happiness

[One shot + sequel] I Wish You Eternal Happiness

The bells began ringing
You walked down that long aisle
I wish you eternal happiness
On a special day that only happens once
I want to give you these feelings
I've gathered from my heart
Through a Farewell Gift Song
For you


Ueda Tatsuya slowly walked into the church, surrounded by hundreds of people. There were reporters, friends, fellow Johnny's talents and more of people he didn't recognise. He took a seat near the aisle. He didn't want to sit so close to the aisle but most seats were already taken.

He came here alone. The rest of the KAT-TUN members had offered to go with him, but he just wanted to be alone. On his seat, he kept looking down as he didn't want to have to smile politely to anyone who recognises him. He wasn't sure if he would be able to fake a smile. Ueda sat quietly, waiting for the ceremony to start.

Dressed in soft pure white
You're brightly glowing
Honestly, I'm probably feeling a bit lonely
And yet somehow you feel more distant than usual


Then, it started. The doors opened and a bright light shone into the church, hurting his eyes. Everyone grew silent.

There he was, Nishikido Ryo. He walked slowly, in a clean white suit and wearing a bright smile on his face. Slightly further behind Ryo was his fiancee. In just a few minutes, they will be married to each other.

Ryo walked by Ueda and smiled at him. Ueda felt a pang in his heart. He swallowed and tried his best to smile back at the love of his life. Ryo swiftly walked past him and went up onto the altar, where the priest was waiting.

The applause always comes across
As a gentle sound
The future's glow gradually guided you along
And now you've taken your first step into it


"You are now man and wife," the priest announced with pride, his voice booming throughout the church.

Ueda had anticipated the hurt that is now overwhelming him, but that doesn't mean he was prepared for it. He held back the tears stinging his eyes, threatening to tell everyone about his feelings for Nishikido Ryo.

8 years, Ueda thought. I've secretly loved you for 8 years, Ryo.

"Please know that the wedding dinner will be tonight at 7 pm, it is held at Hotel Royale," the priest said.

Ueda didn't want to go.

"Tatsuya, thanks for coming to my big day," Ryo suddenly said as Ueda was about to leave. The man was right behind him.

"I.. Yeah, congratulations Ryo." Ueda answered, giving him a small smile and looking longingly at him.

"I hope you're coming for the dinner tonight?" Ryo asked, flashing Ueda the bright smile that has always made him weak. (A/N: It's the smile that makes us melt, you know? D:)

"Of course," Ueda answered quickly. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Great!" Ryo patted Ueda's left shoulder and another man came to speak to him. Ueda slowly went out of the church.

The bells began ringing
You walked down that long aisle
I wish you eternal happiness
On a special day that only happens once
I want to give you these feelings
I've gathered from my heart
Through a Farewell Gift Song
For you


"I thought you weren't coming?" Kame asked quietly as he saw Ueda outside Hotel Royale.

Ueda was staring at the door, hesitating to enter, for what pain it will bring him. He didn't realise that Kame noticed this.

"Free food," he answered simply, and hastened into the hotel and entered the ballroom, where the dinner was held.

Kame didn't say anything and just walked behind Ueda. They both sat at the same table with the rest of their members.

Steadily, the both of you stand side by side
Wearing smiles that bloom brilliantly
Honestly, I'm slightly jealous
But I know you've met the perfect person


Nishikido Ryo and his wife entered the ballroom holding hands. Ueda stared at Ryo's wife. Of course he'll like women, not men, Tatsuya. he thought to himself.

Nishikido Yuuri was one hell of a lucky woman.

Ueda stared at the couple as they cut the wedding cake, gave speeches, everything. He didn't really pay attention. He was quiet all the way.

As petals dance along in the sky
I can feel this firm bond
You can overcome anything
As long as you're both together


"Maybe you should have confessed to him at least once." Kame whispered to Ueda's ear.

"What for? He's straight." Ueda hissed with a frown on his face. He didn't want to think about it.

"If you had confessed at least once, and tell him about how you feel, maybe you won't feel the regret you're feeling now." Kame answered.

Ueda looked away from his friend's face. Kame was right, he was feeling regret.

Suddenly, Kame stood up and shouted, "Ladies and gentlemen! Good news! We have a surprise for you. Today, Ueda Tatsuya will sing a song for the newly-wed couple!"

"What??" Ueda hissed to Kame.

Everyone applauded and Kame dragged Ueda towards the stage. Towards Ryo. And his wife.

"Tat-chan, what song will you sing?" Kame asked.

Ueda whispered to Kame and he smiled knowingly. Kame then whispered to Ryo and he said, "I wanna play the guitar!!!!!!"

The bells began ringing
You walked down that long aisle
I wish you eternal happiness
On a special day that only happens once
I want to give you these feelings
I've gathered from my heart
Through a Farewell Gift Song
For you both


Ueda Tatsuya sang Nishikido Ryo's solo song, "Ordinary".

The parts like "Aieru" and "Boku wa tada kimi wo omoi egaku" (My thoughts are only of you), Ueda looked at Ryo, who was playing the acoustic guitar beside him.

The bells began ringing
You walked down that long aisle
I wish you eternal happiness
On a special day that only happens once
I want to give you these feelings
I've gathered from my heart
Through a Farewell Gift Song


As soon as he finished singing, Ryo hugged him and muttered, "Thanks" to his ear. Ueda hugged him tightly, savouring the moment.

Someday, I won't lose
I want to love someone as you do
When that time comes
I'll return to you in all my pride


When Ueda got off the stage, he didn't return to his seat. Instead, he briskly walked out of the ballroom and closed the door behind him, into a quieter place. The silence brought Ueda into reality and he cried non-stop, hoping no one would open the door.

From today, this day of beginnings
Please, more than anyone else in this world
Be the happiest
Together


Someday, I'll find myself someone who can love me back. Ueda prayed to himself.