Ex-Assassin

A assassin's debt

   Tao flung his briefcase on the bed. He landed on the soft fabric with a plop. He was defiantly not cut out for a nine to five job. Everyone telling him to copy this, copy that, heat up their coffee. Damn. This made him miss his old job. But this job was for the better.

  If he had kept his old job he probably would be insane by now, literally. Tao was starting to doze off into sleep when his phone rang. Which was weird. The only friends he had were at his old job. He didn't talk to them anymore. He picked up the phone. "Hello?" He answered. "Why Tao long time no see." Tao sat directly up in bed.

  He knew that voice any where. "Did you not get the memo! I'm out of the business!" How did he get his number he wounded. He changed his phone number and phone three times. The guy on the other line chuckled. "I know. I know. You did your last runs and left. Their are still some things unfinished..." Tao rolled his eyes. "Get Kris or Lay to do it. I'm done with this life. Never call me-"
"Oh. No your not. You still have a debt that you owe me. Remember?" He cut him off.

   Tao was dead silent. He did have a debt to pay him. He thought after he left their was no way he could push that on him. Yet here he was about to say what he owes. "How much are we talking?" He asked the guy on the phone. He laughed hard in Tao's ear. "Boy , You know we're not talking about money!" Tao should of known he wasn't.

   "What do I have too do?" He asked the man on the phone. He chuckled. "Just kill a few guys and get some info. That's all." He said it as if it was such a easy task. When it wasn't. "Seriously you can't get anyone else to do it?You have to choose me!" Tao wasn't that good at talking his way out of things. He usually gets out of things using action. "I'm sorry Tao, you were the best I every had in the job. I can't see anyone but you doing this job." Tao ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration. 

   "Fine. I'll do it, but only because I have a debt I owe to you." Tao finally agreed. The man in the other line started to speak but Tao cut him off. "On one condition." He said. "What is that?" The man ask. "You never call me again for any favorites. Got that!?! Like I said when I left I'm done with that life and I don't want to go through with it anymore." "Yha.Yha! I understand after this no more. You didn't need to repeat your whole quitting speech." He said sarcastically on the phone. Tao was about to hang up when he spoke again. "Oh. I will be sending you a present really soon." The line went dead.

   Tao plopped back down on the bed. Damn, he didn't want to do this. He just wanted a normal life, with a normal job that doesn't involve killing people. But a debt was a debt and he had to go through with it.
                    ----------------
        Tao woke up to his phone ringing. He rolled around in bed and whined looking at his clock. The clock read, six am. He picked up the phone. He didn't have to say hello before the other person on the line spoke. "About the present you need to pick it up tonight. The same place you always go to. Have fun at work."The line went dead. "I don't have to be at work till eleven ." He cussed . As he tried to fall back asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very short first chapter. Next chapter will be longer. Let me know what you think. Comment and Subscribe.