Thoughts.

My Everything (Sequel to She's Gone Overboard)

 

"Yes, doctor. We'd like to know." We both responded, in sync.

"Sure thing. Congratulations, you're having a ---"

The anticipation fills the room as a loud beeping noise interrupts the doctor.
 
Beep. Beep. Beep.
The doctor takes out his pager from his jacket pocket and looks at it with wide eyes. 
"I'm so sorry! There seems to be a patient awaiting delivery. I need to take my leave now." He passes me the envelope with the results and rushes out the door. 
 
During the entire drive home, I stared intently at the envelope. Should I open it or not? Maybe it's meant to be a surprise, that's why the doctor left at that moment. Donghae oppa said that he had to go run a few errands and dropped me off at home. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Drowning myself in thoughts.
I've never admitted this to anyone, but lately doubtful thoughts have constantly been on my mind. Is it really the right time to be bringing a new life into this world? Am I really ready to be a mother and take on this huge responsibility? And is Donghae oppa really serious about this? He's been really excited about all of the preparations, but is he really going to commit, for this isn't temporary but lifelong. Lately, he's been leaving unexpectedly and I can't help but think that he's seeing someone else and that he's obligated to be with me because I'm pregnant with his child. 
The door creaks open and that's when I snap out of my thoughts.
"Mina, why are you crying?" Donghae oppa worriedly says, bending down so that our eyes meet. "I don't like seeing you cry." He wipes away the apparent tears on my cheeks.
"Oppa, it's nothing. I was just thinking...."
"If it was nothing, you wouldn't be crying. Tell me, please. I don't want you to suffer alone."
"It's really nothing I promise." I say getting up and head towards the bedroom. In a matter of seconds, his arms wrapped around me and I couldn't help but lean into his embrace.
"Please tell me. Your oppa is here for you." He whispers into my ear, giving me a tingling feeling.
I turn around, unwrapping his arms and gently putting them back into place as I put mine around his neck. "Well, I was wondering why you've been leaving so randomly lately. I can't help but think you're cheating on me." I say innocently, with a pout.
"Yah! How dare you think such a thing? You're gonna get it!" He warns me. 
I see the look in his eyes and run into the bedroom. As I was about to lock the door, a hand caught mine. He entered the room, picked me up gently and placed me softly on the bed. And for the rest of the night, he assured me that I am his one and only.