My Last Wish

My Last Wish

It was Luhan's birthday and his friends had decided to throw a big party in his villa. They had helped him invite most of the people from his school. Since he was none other than that cute and hot popular boy in school, no one had said no. Both Jongdae and Baekhyun had found out about his illness, and they promised to make this his best birthday party ever.Luhan, too, had secretly invited Chanyeol, the boy who he used to sleep with during the days when he was all down after getting dumped by his ex-girlfriend, over what he had diagnosed. After months of being broken, he decided that he should start forgetting and move on. He also broke off his and Chanyeol's so called relationship on the same day, knowing that it wouldn't last for another year. But now, after serveral months of avoiding the taller, he finally wanted to actually have a real talk. It was his birthday after all, he didn't want go yet without telling the boy what he really felt.

Here he was, standing in the middle of the hall with his shirt off with his body painted with neon paints.He loved how creative Baekhyun was, how that boy had hired a painter to paint every guest's body with neon paints. And how the boy had came up with his birthday party theme, Neon Night a black light rave party. Luhan loved neon colours and everything bright, and his best friend, Baekhyun just made him love it more. The lights in the hall were dim, music started to blast out loud, and the paints on his body started to glow, there were lines with the colour blue and red accompanied with pink on both sides of his petite waist. 

A wave of teenager suddenly flooded the hall, Luhan chuckled to himself while taking a small sip of his punch. He turned his head hoping to find the person he really wanted to see at this moment. He looked around only to find Baekhyun dragging his boyfriend, Sehun, to the dance floor, grinding himslef against the other. Letting out another chuckle, Luhan shook his head at how adorable couple the two make. Looking further, he saw a table full of boxes that was obviously for him. He didn't know why, but he wasn't really enjoying his party, partly because, maybe, Chanyeol wasn't coming. Looking down to his foot, he heard a deep voice calling from behind.

"Happy birthday, hyung!" Luhan smiled turning around knowing who those deep, y voice belongs to. Chanyeol was shirtless, green neon paints covered his amazingly beautiful torso. Luhan couldn't take his eyes off the boy's nicely built up body, but he managed to while running up to the other letting himself fly into his firm arms. The younger caught him and huggged him tightly, partly because Luhan was shirtless and because he had missed to smaller so badly. Burying his face to on the smaller's shoulder, he inhaled the other's beautiful scent. Luhan's scent reminded him of the vanilla flower's his mother used to bring to his room when he was younger, Luhan was like the flower he had always carried along whenever he felt lonely.

"I'm glad you came." Luhan said, pulling away slightly from Chanyeol, who was lost in his beautiful scent. Smiling brightly, Luhan leaned closer giving the other a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"I'm sorry, I was late." Luhan shook his head, the beaming smile never leaving his lips, pulling the taller closer to him. He tip toed whispering to the other's ears, "I have something to tell you, but it'll wait."
The party went well when the guests sang Luhan his birthday song, when he made cut the big cake, Kyungsoo had made espacially for him and when he made his last wish, the wish that he'll never get, Chanyeol.

"Come on let's go. I don't want to wait any longer." Giving a peck on Chanyeol's lips, he pulled the boy to the basement smiling nervously to himself, leaving the other's out in his hall partying. A loud cough suddenly slipped off his lips, he covered his mouth not wanting the other to notice how bad the cough sounded.Chanyeol on the other hand, realized how pale Luhan looked, paler than before. Luhan turned to the other, looking directly at the taller's eyes, Chanyeol saw the brown orbs that used to be so bright now started looking listlessly dull and lifeless. Luhan led him to an abandoned big sofa, He sat there waiting for the other to take the seat next to him while looking down at his fingers. "Ch-Chanyeol?"

"Hmm?" The taller asked before sitting next to the older. Chanyeol frowned at how shaky and nervous Luhan sounded, and the cough he had let out just now doesn't sound normal. He sounded preety sick, like he was about to cough out all of his organs.

"I- Do you- like me?" Luhan's shaky voice made Chanyeol worried, "I mean, I'm not sure what we were but," Luhan paused looking up the the taller with his eyes wide. A smile shot up to his face before leaning closer to the other, brushing his lips against Chanyeol's. "I just need to know if you liked me." Closing his eyes, Luhan moved away from the irrisistable lips of the other, bitting his bottom lip in the process.

"Of course, I do." Chanyeol said giving the older a peck on the lips. "I wouldn't do all the stuff I did with you, if I don't like you at the first place."

"Do you still like me?" The smaller looked up to the taller with his eyes wider than before. To Chanyeol, Luhan had the most y voice but now, he sounded sick, very sick. His shaky voice, pale skin, dull brown orbs that used to be the brightest Chanyeol had ever seen, made him worry that maybe something bad happened to the older.

"What's going on, hyung?" He asked.

"I Liked you, Channie.... I still do." Luhan snuggled closer to Chanyeol, making the taller rest his body against the sofa. "I want you to know that." Resting his head on Chanyeol's bare chest, he shut his eyes, enjooying the other's warmth. When Chanyeol wrapped his arms arpound Luhan, He began to smile happily yet weakly. Luhan felt like he could just lay there for the rest of his period, he didn't want to be anywhere else than being in Chanyeol's firm arms, making him feel protected and safe.
He kissed Chanyeol's chest and said, "You know what I wished for?" Looking up to the taller, he fluttered his eyes, letting his bangs cover his eyes completely. Chanyeol, lift his hand up to brudh off Luhan's bangs, wanting to see his beautiful face although the older looked sick.

"What did you wish for, Lu?" He asked, smiling at how cute the older looked with his eyes watery.

"Well, I wished for something. Something I can never have. I wished to have you, but I know I can't have you." He mumbled while chuckling to himself, laying his head once again on the other's chest. "That's just impossible."

"What do you mean? You have me, you'll always have me." Chanyeol hugged Luhan tighter, making sure Luhan was wrong. He loved Luhan, but he knew Luhan only liked him or like him, still.

"No, I don't. I can't hold you back, Chanyeollie. You have to move on after this, alright?" Luhan sounded very weak, like he didn't even have any strenght to even talk anymore.

"Why does it seems like you're leaving?" Chanyeol asked, feeling his teaars falling don his cheeks. He didn't know why he was crying, but something in Luhan's word made him feel like Luhan was going. 

Giving a weak smile to Chnayeol, Luhan shook his head, "Channie, I'm not leaving, but I won't be here any-" A sudden cough was heard, and blood spat out of Luhan's small lips to his own palms. Chanyeol panicked, Luhan had coughed out blood and there he was, not able to do anything or utter any word to help Luhan. The said boy looked up to Chanyeol and said, "It's okay." Luhan's brittle voice made Chanyeol frown deeper. "Let's just lay here for a while," He smile rubbing of the blood on his mouth while nodding to the taller."can we?" He asked, making the other nod in agreement. 

Luhan lay his head back to Chnayeol's chest again, letting out small coughs once a while, tears began streaming down his face, Luhan hated how confused Chanyeol looked. He had no clue what Luhan was going through.

"You know when I was younger, and I was feeling unwanted.." He paused, letting his tear fall. "My mom would always tell me this;

When the moon is in seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
And peace will guide the planets
And love will steal the stars.

Those words always made me feel better. Like maybe some day, love will steal the stars, love will steal my heart. And you already did." Luhan's voice was really soft, Chanyeol had never heard a voice as beautiful as Luhan's, it's like the sound of the birds chirping in the morning, like the Nightangle. But Luhan sounded angelic, much more beautiful than a lullaby. And Luhan himself was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

"Luhan, I think I don't like you.I-" Luhan shut him out with a passionate kiss, it wasn't their first kiss, it it was their first meaningful kiss. A kiss that showed both of them what they really felt, a kiss that started the ending.

"I love you, Chanyeol." There again, he smiled weakly to the taller, giving him another peck on the lips before laying his head back on the other's chest. He shut his eyes slowly, letting a tear fall on Chanyeol's body. 

"I- I think I'm in love with you, too, hyung." He said, kissing Luhan's head with tears falling down his cheeks. Chanyeol wait, for a minute there, he thought maybe Luhan was speechless, or maybe to shock to reply him. He lifted up Luhan's head to see the boy's beautiful face, only to find his eyes shut, face covered with tears, his skin as pale as winter and so as cold as it was, too. Chanyeol panicked trying to wake the boy in his arms, the boy who had stopped breathing, the one who didn't need air no more. "Hyung?" Shaking Luhan's lifeless body, Chanyeol began to cry, knowing that the older wasn't there anymore. "No! Luhan, I love you, I love you so much." His tears fell, landing on the older's head, while kissing it constantly like it could bring Luhan back to life.

But Chanyeol knew that Luhan wasn't coming back, this time, Luhan left again. He won't be able to steal small glances from the other during lunch time, or even see him in the middle of walking to another class. He won't see that beautiful face with a beaming smile plastered on his face, and the brightest eyes he had seen, he'll never get to smell his favourite scent any longer. Luhan is gone, and all he did there was cry. He shut his eyes close hoping to see no light any more. And there both teenager lay, with their body entangled with each other, both bodies stayed there in the same position. Both had the same fate. Soulmates, that lived and died, together.

 

_____________________________________________

A/N: So that quote, I got it from a song called Aquarious by Digital Daggers. I liked it. And this is for Luhan oppa, Happy 25th birthday!