Sunshine Daycare!

Wouldn't Change A Thing

 

Wouldn't Change A Thing
Pairing(s) : ChanBaek || Slight!KaiSoo
Words count : 2.292

 

 


Chanyeol ran around his small apartment, looking for something. "Chanhyun-ah? Come out. Papa has to drop you to the daycare soon." He said. Chanyeol huffed as he searched for his baby boy. "Please come out, papa will be late if you continue hiding." He looked everywhere, really. Under the sofa, inside the fridge, bathroom, cupboards, wardrobes, everywhere.

 


The last place is under the bed. He bent down to look under the bed. Chanyeol sighed as he found his baby sleeping soundly.

He picked up his son and walked towards the bathroom. Slowly, he wake him up. Chanhyun scrunched up his face before snuggling closer to Chanyeol's neck."morning, Hyunnie."

 

"We have to go in 10 minutes." Chanyeol said before setting Chanhyun on the sink table. Chanhyun raised his arms as Chanyeol took his pajamas off.


 

 


 



Baekhyun opened the front door of Sunshine Daycare. Its his first time opening the daycare, Kyungsoo is busy moving out of his old apartment. 

He placed his bag on the front table. "Good morning!" Baekhyun greeted the ahjumma that passed by. "Morning, Baekhyun-ssi! You're on charge today?"  

"Yes!" He replied, smiling brightly. "Good luck, eh!" She said before leaving. Baekhyun did his works. Turning on the lights, arranging the chairs, and cleaned the rooms. He sat down, waiting for the volunteer of the day. 

Sunshine Daycare has this thing called 'daily volunteer'. Well, there weren't so much people like to volunteer in Sunshine Daycare, but today there is. The bell on the door rang, signaling there's someone has enter the daycare.

Baekhyun looked up from his book to a guy. He has tanned skin and fair black hair. "I'm Kim Jongin, I'm a volunteer." He said, panting slightly. "Hello!  I'm Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you Jongin-ssi. You ran here?" He asked with a smile and placed his book down. "Yeah, kind of. Because I over-slept and I arrived here late. Right?" 

"Err...but we just opened." Baekhyun said confusedly. Jongin stops and looked at him.

"...what?" He asked slowly. "Uhh yeah?"

"But its 9am." He said. 
Baekhyun pointed at the clock hanging on the wall. "7.30am" 


"Damn." He cursed before sitting down on the floor.

"Hey, its okay. Its better anyway." Baekhyun said.

"You can change your clothes and put your bags in the lockers room besides the A class." Baekhyun said. Jongin sighed before standing up, walking towards the lockers room. 

Baekhyun quickly took out his phone from his pocket, sending Kyungsoo a text. 



 

There's a volunteer today, Kyungie!

 

 


 



Chanyeol packed Chanhyun needs inside a bag. "Appa! Hurry up! hyungs will be waiting for me!" Chanhyun yelled, pulling Chanyeol's arm. "Okay okay, just let me take my things." Chanyeol took his bag and hold Chanhyun's hand.

"Let's go." He locked their apartment door and took the lift down to the lobby. 


Chanyeol drove off to Sunshine Daycare that locate just five blocks away from his apartment. Chanhyun kept talking about this 'Baekhyun' guy who is really nice to him. "You should met him once appa! But he always comes noon and goes home afternoon! You never met him!" Chanyeol just ruffled Chanhyun's hair as they arrived in front of the daycare. 


Chanyeol pulled out Chanhyun's bag from the back seat before running after him. He helped Chanhyun push the door opened. "Baek hyung?!" Chanhyun yelled and ran to Baekhyun's opened arms. "Hi Hyunnie." Baekhyun smiled, picking the young boy up. Baekhyun turns and met Chanyeol's gaze. He quickly bow. "Hello." Chanyeol returned his bow.

"So, this is Chanhyun's bag. Err...I'm going now." Chanyeol said awkwardly. Chanhyun whispers something on Baekhyun's ear, before telling him to put him down. He ran to his dad and hugged him. "Appa I love you." Chanyeol kissed his cheek, before saying, "I love you too, Hyunnie." 

"I'm going now." Chanhyun pulled away, waving happily at his papa.




Baekhyun picked the latter up. "What should we do now Hyunnie?" Baekhyun asked. "I'm hungry." He whined and snuggled closer to Baekhyun. 

"Eh? You didn't eat with your appa?" Chanhyun shook his head. Baekhyun walked towards Chanhyun's bag, opening it spotting a lunch box. He opened the box and nearly shrieked as he saw what inside of it. 'I should throw this later.' 

"Baekhyun hyung will make you breakfast, kay?" He said and made his way to the kitchen with Chanhyun's in his arms.


"Oh? Jongin-ssi." Baekhyun called. He placed Chanhyun on a high chair.

"This is Chanhyun. Chanhyun this is Jongin hyung, he's going to work here for today." Chanhyun waves his tiny arms around, "hello Jongin Hyung!!" Jongin smiled, pinching his cheek.

"Do you want some pancake, Jongin-ssi?" Baekhyun offered. "No, thank you." 

"Hey Baek!." Kyungsoo yelled. He picked Chanhyun up from the high chair. "Hi there! Jongin right?" Kyungsoo smiled sweetly. Jongin stood frozen on his spot, big doe eyes, heart-shaped lips, petite, cute, those y bu--

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo come closer. "Y-yeah sure, I'm okay." Kyungsoo just laughed and made his way to Baekhyun.





The other soon came. Chanhyun stayed until night, making Baekhyun worried, he doesn't know what time did his father pick him up because he always went home in the afternoon. "Kyungsoo-ah, Chanhyun is the only one who hasn't been pick up yet. It's always like this?" Baekhyun asked. "Yea, his father apparently is a really busy man. Around 2-3 hours he'll come." Kyungsoo replied.

"That's 10pm!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Widening his eyes in disbelief. "I know, sometimes I brought him to my house and his father will call and all." 

"So, I should bring him home too?" Baekhyun asked. "If its past 10." Kyungsoo said.

"I'm going now." He said and bent down to hug Chanhyun. "Wait your appa with Baek Hyung, kay?" Kyungsoo said before leaving. 

Baekhyun closed the door and windows tight to keep them warm. He picked up Chanhyun who is sleeping on the chair. He patted his back gently. 



Chanhyun always drop off first and pick up last. 
 



Baekhyun was getting drowsy after three hours waiting. Chanhyun sleeping soundly in his arms. He sighed and stood up, locking the daycare front door and made his way back home.

Soon they arrived upon a small apartment building. Baekhyun hold Chanhyun in one arm as he took his key out of his bag front pocket. He pushed open his door before shutting it close when he's inside. He sat down on his couch after placing his bag on the floor and texting Kyungsoo that he's taking chanhyun home. He turned the TV on, lowering the volume, sighing he pulled Chanhyun closer, patting his back.

After one hour watching there's finally a knock on his door. Baekhyun stood up and made his way towards the front door. He opened it, finding a real worried face of Chanhyun's father. "I'm so sorry, something big came up and my manager won't let me go home early." He explained in a speed of light. Baekhyun just nodded understanding his situation. He let him in. "I'm sorry but I never catch your name, sir?" 

"Its Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol." He replied. "I'm Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol chuckled deeply, making Baekhyun's heart jump. "Yeah,  I know. Chanhyun talks a lot about you." Baekhyun blushed. "Uhh...I'll take Chanhyun's bag for you." Baekhyun picked up the bag and handed it to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol tried to get Chanhyun from Baekhyun's arms but, he won't move. "Chanhyun? Papa is here." But his little arms attached tightly around Baekhyun's neck. "Uhh..." 

"Maybe you should stay at my place for tonight?" Chanyeol asked and blushed, realizing what he just asked. "Sorry I didn't mean anything." Baekhyun bit his lower lip. "Yea sure..just let take some of my things."

 

 






From that day onwards Chanyeol will always come to Baekhyun's apartment to pick Chanhyun up or just making a visit, because Chanhyun asked him to (or maybe he himself want to.)

Like the day before, Chanyeol stood in front of Baekhyun's door. On sunday. No work. No babysitting. "Do you want to go out somewhere with me? I mean with Chanhyun too." Baekhyun nearly faint. A DATE . YAY.


 



It's Thursday, Baekhyun's on charge again. Jongin who volunteer before has became their official worker (because of certain someone). He wait for Chanhyun (and his papa). But there's no sign of them until mid-day. Baekhyun looked disappointed. "Chanhyun wouldn't come today." Kyungsoo said as if able to read Baekhyun's mind. "Why though?" He asked.

"I don't know it myself, Chanyeol-ssi just called saying that he won't be dropping Chanhyun today and tomorrow." Baekhyun sighed.  He has taken a liking towards the older man (and he knows that the older does too.) Mentally sobbing.

"Hyung?" Jongin called, holding Kyungsoo hips from behind. Baekhyun noticed their moves and snorted. "Ew, go away." He said playfully and both Kyungsoo and Jongin blushed. 

"Anyway,  I'm in the mood for Chinese food. Want me to bring you guys something?" They all nodded. "Sehun come with me, would you?" Sehun, the volunteer of the day nodded his head. "Okay, let's go."


Both Sehun and Baekhyun arrived in front of a Chinese restaurant nearby. They ordered some take outs for the others and for themselves. The waiter led them to a table to wait. While waiting Baekhyun's eyes caught Chanyeol and Chanhyun at the corner of the restaurant lauging happily. Baekhyun was about to greet them but they stood up and walked out the restaurant with a woman holding Chanhyun's hand and Chanyeol walking behind them.


 

Baekhyun sat there, too shock to do anything. 



"Hyung? Baekhyun Hyung?" Sehun called. "Uh...yes?" Baekhyun turned to Sehun.

"The foods are here. Let's go?" 

"Yes, let's go." 



 

 

'I thought he was a single-parent.'

 

 


Baekhyun and Sehun went back to Sunshine Daycare. As they arrived, Baekhyun slumped down on his chair leaning his head to the table. Then, he felt a hand on his back.

"You okay?" Kyungsoo asked with a tiny smile. Baekhyun just shrugged and hided his face between his arms. "You'll find out soon, Baek." He said then go back to his work. Baekhyun sighed. Find out what?

 

 

 


 

 

That day and the next day were a gloomy day for Baekhyun. First,  His favorite kid was not there and Second, the kid papa was not there too. 

Baekhyun just wanna quit his job, spend his life with sleeping and eating. And maybe buy a cat.

 


But, those two days passed and Baekhyun is back to his normal self. Like normal I mean before he met that 'guy'.


Baekhyun laid down on the couch inside the lockers room. Jongin looked at him weirdly. "Wasn't you suppose to help Soo outside?" He asked while buttoning his shirt. "Who the is- right I forgot." Baekhyun said and stood up. They started to use nicknames now.  Just ew. He shook his head before walking towards the front table.

Kyungsoo beamed at him and patted the available seat next to him. "Luhan said Sehun officially joining us, but, why don't he tell me instead of Luhan?" Kyungsoo said as he sat down. He tapped his chin, thinking.

The bell on the door rang, signaling there's someone entering. Little steps could be heard, and this make Baekhyun stood up from his chair and walked to the front door with hope in his eyes. 


"Baek Hyung!" 


Baekhyun opened his arms, Chanhyun ran to him and hugged him tightly. "I missed you so much." Baekhyun said as he picked Chanhyun up. He looked up and founded Chanyeol staring at him. 

He looked away and went inside. Chanyeol widened his eyes and looked at Kyungsoo. "Is he in a bad mood or something?" He asked. Kyungsoo sighed, "Sehun said that he was like that since he saw a 'certain guy' having fun with his little family." Kyungsoo said looking at Chanyeol suspiciously. "At a Chinese restaurant to be exact." 


 

 

 


"We divorced." 
 

 

 



That came out of Chanyeol mouth. "Then, tell him that not me." Kyungsoo smiled and hugged Jongin who just came. "Hi hyung." Jongin greeted. Chanyeol nodded before headed towards the lockers room.


"Baekhyun?" He called. Someone hummed and he walked to the source of sound.


He sat on the couch next to Baekhyun (who has Chanhyun sleeping on his lap). He tried to place his arm around Baekhyun's waist but the latter just scooted away.

Chan scooted closer and tried again, but Baekhyun scooted away again. That continues until Baekhyun was at the edge of the couch (between Chanyeol and the arm rest.) This time Chanyeol succeeded. 

Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's arm away from him and stood up. "You shouldn't be touching someone other than your wife." Baekhyun mumbled. He was about to opened the door when Chanyeol chuckled. Baekhyun turned and glared. "You think this is funny? No it's not." Baekhyun half-yelled, eyes getting teary. 

Chanyeol abruptly stand up and hugged the smaller guy. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh." Soon the latter was sobbing into his chest, Chanhyun still in his arms. "You're so mean." Baekhyun said between his sobs. 

After ten minutes Baekhyun stopped crying, Chanhyun awake in his arms but, snuggling closer to Baekhyun.

Chanyeol pulled away and sat Baekhyun down on the couch. He kneeled in front of him, holding his hands. The smaller guy look down at him with blood-shot eyes. "She's my ex, baek. She's saying her goodbye to Chanhyun because she's getting married in Canada, and maybe will never comeback to Korea. That's why." Chanyeol explained, wiping Baekhyun eyes. Chanhyun sat rubbing his eyes with his small fist. He looked around and spotted his papa.

"Appa? Why are you still here?" He asked, streching his arms out. Chanyeol picked him up and hold him with one arm. He pulled Baekhyun up, hugging him with his free arm. He grinned down at Baekhyun.









"Say, would you be my boyfriend?"





 

 

 

 

 




the end?

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

*there will be an epilogue~