One

The Man Who Loved The Light


There was once a man who loved the brightest light. He loved the light so much he couldn't see anything else but its blinding rays.

He lived knowing the world was white and the only thing existing was his light. 

One day the light left him.

He felt lost.

He couldn't see anything, he claimed.

He spent his days mourning for his lost love, not knowing it did not worth it;

For true love was never blinding.

Then, another light came, claiming that it loves him.

It was not as bright as the one he loved but bright enough to make the man see not only the other beautiful things in the world but most importantly, the astonishing beauty he has. 

It made him see how graceful his fingers move, how strong his chest looked as he breathes and how beautiful his muscles flexed as he embraced.

The new light made the man love himself.

That was the time the man realized that true love was not the perfect light.

True love was the light that appreciates and cares and embraces you back.

No matter how less its light might be or how often its light flickers, it would still share its brightness to you.

To make you see how worthy you are of loving. 

To make you realize you don’t need too much light, for you, yourself, was one.