Chapter 1: Chicken Broth

Winter Betrayal

She huffed out a puff of cold air as she pulled up her scarf a little. She had short, wavy, brown hair that had small specks of snow in it. She was also wearing a long light brown coat and a blue dress, along with black leggings and puffy black boots.

"Brrrrng... Brrrrng... Brrrrn--" She picked up her phone.

"Min-ah? I'm sorry, but can you stop by the grocery store and buy some meat, sweetie? Oh, and chicken broth."

"Sure." She said as she raised her hands up to .

"Thanks, honey. Come home quickly, I don't want you to get sick, okay?" The woman on the other side of the phone said.

"Bye, mom..." Minyoung said while her mom hung up and she shoved her phone in her coat pocket. She finally reached the grocery store and entered through the sliding doors as a worker in a Santa costume welcomed her. Minyoung picked up her feet and looked at all the signs, trying to find the meat section. "There it is." She mumbled and stared at all the different kinds of meat before picking up one of the boxed and wrapped up raw meat. "Hm.. Which one..." She had two boxes in her hands as she kept looking back and forth from one box to the other. Minyoung checked the prices and finally chose the right one, the cheaper one.

"$13.47 is your total." The cashier said with a bright grin. Minyoung took out a twenty-dollar bill and handed it to the cashier, who snatched it out of her fragile and cold hands. "Here's your change, have a nice day." The cashier still had that fake grin slapped across her face. Minyoung walked quietly out of the store with a bag of meat, which was being swung back and forth repeatedly.

"I'm home, mom." She said as she took off her boots and walked into the kitchen, placing the bag of meat on the table. "Oops.. I forgot the chicken broth..." She ran out to the fornt door to put on her boots. "Mom, I'm going to get the chicken broth!" She also forgot her jacket that she took off a while ago on the sofa, but now wasn't the time to worry about that. She ran out, closing the door, to the nearest store which was a pharmacy and a grocery store. Minyoung walked into the grocery store and exited it with a bag of cans that were filled with chicken broth. She ran home quickly in the cold and snowy weather, Minyoung shivered. She opened the door to her house and walked into the kitchen putting the bag there and walking to her room. She was panting quite hard despite how short the path was. Minyoung dug in her cabinet and found her inhaler. She took 2 puffs as always and breathed in and out, after that she grabbed her bottle of water and rinsed with the water. She sighed. Minyoung couldn't go to school for a few months because of her asthma and her father was recently admitted to the hospital becasue of a . She didn't want to think anymore, her mind was spinning with too many thoughts. Soon, she fell asleep and missed dinner.

"Min-ah! Min-ah! Look! Sweetie, look!" Her mother was shaking Minyoung so hard that the sleep in her literally flew out of her.

"Wh-What..?" She picked up her still-asleep hands and rubbed her eyes, clearing her vision.

"You can go to school now! The doctors said now that your asthma has calmed down, you can go to school!" Her mother walked away for a second and came back with a high school uniform.

"R-Really?" She stood up and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Go change! You don't want to be late for school, hurry sweetie!" Her mom walked out of her room and closed the door. Minyoung stared at her unfamiliar uniform that was lying on her bed waiting to be changed into.

"It looks weird on me..." She was taking slow steps down the stairs as her mother looked like she was about to cry her eyes out.

"Let me get my camera~" Her mom sang as she grabbed her camera and took a few snaps of Minyoung in her uniform. "You're finally going to school. I hope you make lots of friends and have a nice day, sweetie. You're going to be late! Grab something to eat, quickly Min-ah~!" Minyoung did as she was told and picked up a piece of toast and a carton of milk as her mother quickly gave her a drawn map of how to get to school, along with a few dollars for school lunch and the subway. 

Minyoung stared out the windows while standing quietly on the subway train. She sighed. Minyoung felt her coat pocket, which had her inhaler for emergencies. She finally got to go to school, all she got to do before this was work part-time at her uncle's book store which she felt the most comfortable at. The book store was peaceful and had few customers, which made Minyoung less nervous, she never talked to people she never met before. It was finally her stop, she walked out the subway along with other students that wore the same uniform as her.

She was in the teachers' lounge when the teacher told her to fill out a paper which asked lots of personal questions.

"Okay, class is about to start, you better go now. Here's your class." The teacher smiled and handed her a small paper that said, "2-B." Minyoung bowed slightly and left the teahcers' lounge and walked around the school, searching for her class.

"Oh, found it." She smiled slightly and opened the classroom door. She looked at all the students who were all staring back at her. She entered the classroom and stood by the blackboard. ".. M-My name is Park Minyoung... Nice to meet you guys.." She said hesistantly and walked down the rows of desks and students until she found an empty desk. "U-Um.. Is anyone... sitting here..?" She aksed while gripping her backpack straps.

"No, you can sit here." The boy said. He had black framed glasses and light brown hair.

"Th-Thanks.." She nodded and sat down.

"I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you, Minyoung." Baekhyun smiled at the girl and held out his hand.

"O-Oh.. Nice to... meet you, too.." Minyoung slowly shook his hand and turned back around, staring at her desk blankly.

 

"Okay, class is over. Remeber to study, exams are next month." The teacher straightened his books and left the class.

"Hey, Minyoung, wanna copy my notes for exams?" Baekhyun said excitedly.

"S-Sure." She replied and smiled slightly. Baekhyun promised Minyoung that he would do a tour of the whole school for her, and he did. Actually, he was doing it right now.

"So... This is the library, that is the cafeteria and those are other classes." Baekhyun said as he pointed in different diretions. Minyoung was leaning against the wall as she was gasping for air.

 

"Shoot, an asthma attack..."

 


A/N: Yay~ 1st chapter finished!!! >,< omg, I'm so happy. I think this chapter is longer than my chapters in Jongin's Note XD Welp, I'm very tired XD and I'm gonna go play Everyone Boong Boong Boong XDD Because last time I was playing with D.O. with his nice EXO car and his christmas profile pic a few days ago and just yesterday, I was playing with Kris, who had a pirate ship XD dafuq? yes, but I didn't get to play with D.O. because my sister's room had ty internet and I was dying.

SO BYE BYE MY PRECIOUSES~<3