Chapter 5

Love Is...

Yonghwa drove to the police station as soon as possible. She reported Seohyun’s kidnapping case and asked them to make it confidential. One of the officer took him to one of their prosecutor named Lee Jungshin to handle this case.

“Anyeong haseyo, my name is Lee Jungshin.” Said the tall young prosecutor.

“My name is Jung Yonghwa. I’m Seohyun’s manager.”

“Please have a seat and tell me about the detail.”

Yonghwa took a seat in front of Lee Jungshin and started his story, “Actually Seohyun had got several threats from unknown person. We thought it was a prank at first. But tonight, someone kidnap her. So i feel like the one who send her those threats is the same person who kidnap Seohyun.”

Jungshin typed all the things Yonghwa’s said in his laptop, “As Seohyun’s manager, shouldn’t you drive her with private van? How come she get caught?”

“Actually...” Yonghwa paused. He cursed himself for this. If he and Seohyun didn’t have a fight, maybe this wouldn’t be happened. “I have some kind of quarrel with her. She mad at me and she refuse me to drive him home. She got a taxi. I thought she would go home but when i reached her apartment, she was not there.”

“And then?” Jungshin asked him again.

“I called her but an unknown woman picked it up. She said.... she said she would kill her.”

“So, the suspect is a woman.” Jungshin nodded. “From where did she take the taxi?”

“Cheong dam dong, in front of FNC building.”

“Okay. Seems we have to move fast. Let’s go and check the CCTV in Cheong dam dong street.”

 

***

 

Jungshin watched the CCTV in one of observation room in Seoul Police station. Yonghwa stood beside him, also watched the screen intently. They played back the CCTV around 10 pm when Seohyun walked down the street from FNC building.

They actually find the taxi that Seohyun took. Jungshin paused the video and zoomed in the taxi to take a look the taxi name and number. On the other side, Yonghwa kept calling Seohyun’s number but the phone was turned off. Yonghwa sighed and his worry ate him even more.

“Got it!” Said Jungshin as he write the taxi identity. “We’ll go to this taxi agency to find the driver.”

“Okay.” Yonghwa nodded and followed Jungshin.

 

They were in taxi agency named Haechi Taxi. It was taxi that Seohyun took before she was kidnapped. Jungshin talked to the receptionist and showed his police identity. Then they were taken to the head management office.

“I’m Prosecutor Lee Jungshin from Seoul Police Station.” 

“Oh, I’m Shim Changmin, manager of Haechi Taxi. What’s bring you here, Mr. Lee?”

“I want to ask who is the driver of this taxi?” Jungshin handed Mr. Changmin police number of the taxi.

“Oh, why is that?” Asked Mr. Changmin.

“The passenger of that taxi was kidnapped. I need the driver to give testimony on this case.” said Jungshin, “Don’t try to avoid it Mr. Changmin or else you are considered not being cooperate with police side.”  

“Very well..” Mr. Changmin took the phone and called someone. “Taeyeon ssi, i need you to inform the taxi driver with police number 4339. Tell him that i want to meet him in my office.”

After several minutes, there was a knock heard on the door. Mr. Changmin asked the visitor to came in. There, a man with small eyes entered the room.

“Excuse me, Jung Jinwoon imnida. I’m the driver of taxi with police number 4339.” Said The man.

“Oh, great to see you.” Jungshin shook his hands, “I’m Prosecutor Lee Jungshin from Seoul Police Station. And this is Jung Yonghwa.”

Yonghwa shook Jinwoon’s hands. Jinwoon just looked at them all blankly.

“These people want to ask some question to you.” Said Mr. Changmin to Jinwoon. “Well, you can use the meeting room beside this room.” Said Mr. Changmin.

“Well, thank you very much for your cooperation.” Said Jungshin then bowed to Mr.Changmin. “Gentlemen, shall we?” He asked to Yonghwa and Jinwoon.

They were now in the meeting room. Jinwoon sat across Yonghwa and Jungshin. This young driver looked so nervous.

“So, Jinwoon ssi.. I want to ask some question.” Said Jungshin, “This night around 10 pm, in cheong dam dong, you drive a passenger right? You must be notice her, she is Seohyun.”

“Ah! Ne..” Jinwoon’s eyes lit up as Jungshin mentioned Seohyun’s name. Seems this taxi driver was Seohyun’s fans.

“Is there anything weird?” Asked Jungshin.

“Hmm... Actually nothing strange. Seohyun ssi asked to be dropped in front of Daewoo Members County Building.”

Jungshin took a glance at Yonghwa.

“That’s her apartment building.” Said Yonghwa.

“And i just dropped her. That’s all.” Said Jinwoon.

“Nothing odd? Even just a tiny things?” Asked Jungshin.

“Hmm...” Jinwoon tried to remember, “I ask for her autograph, but she refused and told me that she wasn’t in the mood. She looked so sad and i saw her crying.”

A sharp pain stung Yonghwa’s heart as he heard that. Seohyun was crying and that was because of him.

“Crying? Why?” Asked Jungshin.

“I don’t know...” Jinwoon answered.

“Maybe.. it’s because of me. Remember that i told you that we have a little quarrel..” Said Yonghwa.

“Ah, ne ne.” Said Jungshin, “Then, after you dropped her, anything happen?” Asked Jungshin to Jinwoon.

“Oh, somebody had already waiting in front of the building. Maybe that’s her friend.” Said Jinwoon.

“Who??” Asked Yonghwa. A chill ran down his spine.

“A girl... i don’t know, since i just saw it through the rearview mirror and i just left.” Said Jinwoon.

“Anything else?” Asked Jungshin.

“That’s all.”

“Well, okay then. Thank you, Jinwoon ssi.” Said Jungshin.

Yonghwa and Jungshin stood and shook Jinwoon hands. Jinwoon bowed and left the room.

“Let’s go to Seohyun ssi apartment. We should check the CCTV.” Said Jungshin.

 

***

 

Jungshin and Yonghwa was in security section in Daewoo Members County Building. They obsereved the CCTV outside the building. The staff replayed the CCTV and the taxi which Seohyun took was seen. In the video, Seohyun went out from the taxi then someone approached her. They talked normally then that person walked away with Seohyun followed. That was strange.

“Stop.” Said Jungshin to the security staff. The video stopped when Seohyun was talking with this stranger. “Can you zoom in that part? And focus on the person who talk with Seohyun ssi.”

The staff did what Jungshin asked. It showed a short girls with a short blonde hair.

“Oh!” Yonghwa gasped.

“What? Do you know that person?” Asked Jungshin.

“Yes. That’s Seohyun’s former manager, Lee Sunkyu.” Yonghwa answered.

 

***

      

Seohyun woke up and felt so dizzy. She tried to move her body but she couldn’t. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. She didn’t recognize her surrounding. Where was she? She had no idea. She tried to stretch her hand but she couldn’t. Then it snapped to her sense that she was tied on a chair, both of her hands and legs. Seohyun was frightened, she screamed but she only escaped a muffled sound since was sealed.

“Ah, so the princess has already woke up.”

Seohyun turned to the source of the voice. Her eyes wide in shock, because she clearly knew who was that. Lee Sunkyu, her former manager.

“Well, hello there, Eonni.” The blonde girl smirked.

Seohyun just glared at her, hoping that her gaze could intimidate Sunkyu. But Sunkyu just looked back at Seohyun with her cold eyes. Hatred was clearly seen in her round eyes.

“Still arrogant as usual. When will you change, Eonni? But well, i don’t think you will have the chance to change.” Said Sunkyu as she pulled a dagger from her back pocket.

Seohyun squirmed and tried to wriggle her hands. She looked at Sunkyu in horror. No! Sunkyu couldn’t do this to her! She didn’t want to die. No, after she found the hope.. the light.. the love. The one that she wanted to be with, Yonghwa.

“Hmm.. seems someone is scared.” Said Sunkyu as she leaned her dagger to Seohyun’s cheek, made a thin slit on her smooth skin.

Seohyun hissed in pain.

“Aww.. i think no fun if you stay silent.” Sunkyu pulled the seal on Seohyun’s mouth.

“YOU !!” Seohyun spat as unsealed, earned a hard slap on her wounded cheek. She screamed hard.

“HOW DARE YOU!” Sunkyu shouted as she held Seohyun’s face with her hand. “ doesn’t shout , Sweety.” She said bitterly.

“Let me go.” Said Seohyun coldly.

“Why? The fun hasn’t start yet.” Sunkyu smirked. Then she pulled Seohyun’s hair, earned a painful scream. “Yes, like that. Scream! Beg for my mercy..”

“You wish!” Said Seohyun.

“Hmm? What?” Sunkyu took a wood stick from the floor then hit it on Seohyun’s thigh.

“Argh!!” Seohyun screamed. She felt a sharp stinging pain on her skin. It hurt a lot but she won’t beg for Sunkyu’s mercy. Never!

“It hurt right, Princess Seohyun?” Asked Sunkyu, “But my pride is more hurt when you fired me and threw me away like a garbage!”

Seohyun snorted. It didn’t cease from Sunkyu’s sight. “Still act almighty?” She slapped Seohyun again.

Seohyun bit her lips to prevent her to scream. She bit her lips hard until it bleed. Seohyun spitted her blood and said, “Why you blame me? It’s you who didn’t responsible for your own job.” She held her chin up.

“But you don’t have to fire me!!” Sunkyu shouted. “You don’t know how i hate you! I hate your arrogance right from the start.”

“So why don’t you safe your pride and quit by your own consent? If you hate me that much so you just can go at the first chance. I won’t stop you either.” Said Seohyun sternly.

“You!!” Sunkyu was on fire. She was so angry. Hatred ate her and blinded her. Without thinking, she hit Seohyun on the head. It was so hard till Seohyun with the chair fell.

Seohyun didn’t have time to scream. Because as Sunkyu hit her head, she lost her consciousness.

 

***

 

Yonghwa and Jungshin went to SM Entertainment building. They wanted to search Lee Sunkyu C.V and found her address. In no time, Yonghwa got the information through the Human Resources Department. As they got the address, they went there straightaway.

Yonghwa was dead worried. He couldn’t think anything else but Seohyun. His mind running wild. He thought about the worst scenario. No! Yonghwa shook his head and kept his prayer and hoped Seohyun would be alright.

His phone is ringing. Yonghwa snapped and immediately answered it.

“Seohyun?” Said Yonghwa.

“No. It’s me Sooyeon.”

“Oh, Sooyeon-ah..”

“Oppa, where are you? This is late and you haven’t come home yet and why you said Seohyun before? She’s not with you?” Asked Sooyeon concernedly.

“It’s a long story.” Said Yonghwa tiredly.

“Gosh, Oppa! You make me scared! Tell me what happen?”

“She is.... she is kidnapped.”

“WHAT??”

“Sooyeon listen to me, lock all doors and windows. Stay with Soojung. Don’t go out, okay? I don’t know when i will go home. I will search for Seohyun till i find her.”

“O-Okay.” Sooyeon stuttered. She felt afraid too and she knew that that wasn’t the time to ask the details.

“Stay safe.” Said Yonghwa.

“Yes, Oppa.” Said Sooyeon, “I hope Seohyun will be found soon.”

“Yes.. I hope so. I really hope so.”

“Take care.”

“Ne.”

Yonghwa hung up the phone and sighed. What a night!

“We’ve arrived.” Said Jungshin. “I’ve already call Police Unit for back up and ambulance just in case. They will arrived in any minutes.”

Jungshin and Yonghwa walked to the house. The house seems empty and dark. Jungshin walked silently as Yonghwa followed behind him. They walked to the front door but suddenly a faint shriek of a woman was heard. It was Seohyun’s. Yonghwa was sure, he really knew her voice well.

He stiffed. A chill ran down his spine. Yonghwa stood silent and tried to figure out from where the voice came from. A scream was heard and Yonghwa was sure it was from the garage. He dashed without thinking.

“Yonghwa ssi, wait! Don’t act carelessly!” Jungshin hissed and grabbed Yonghwa’s hand.

“That’s Seohyun who is screaming, damn it!” Yonghwa shrugged Jungshin’s hand and ran to the garage.

He was afraid. Yes. He had already dealt with the lost of her parents. Now, he didn’t want to deal with another loss. Yonghwa found the door and he banged it open to meet the horror of his life. There Seohyun, lying on the floor, unconscious.

“Seohyun-ah!” Yonghwa ran towards Seohyun and untied the rope on her hands and legs. He gasped as he found her face all bruised, lips bleed and there was a cut on her left cheek. He checked on her again and found bruise on her thigh too. Yonghwa turn furiously at Sunkyu who was already arrested by Jungshin.

Sunkyu gave him a smirk. Such an evil smirk.

Yonghwa just glared at her, eyed her with such a disgusted look. Low, low human. He didn’t have anything to do with that woman. Let police and court served her right. Now, his priority was Seohyun.

“Does the ambulance has arrived?” Yonghwa asked Jungshin.

“Yes. They’re on their way.”

Then polices and medics came. The police brought Sunkyu. They handcuffed her and brought her to the car. She shouted and cursed, but Yonghwa didn’t bother to hear what she said. All of her sense was all for Seohyun. He hugged her on his arm and waited the medics to take care of Seohyun.

“Sir, we will take care of her. You can let go off her if you don’t mind....” Said one of the medic team.

“Oh.. oh sorry.” Said Yonghwa and released his embrace on Seohyun. He let Seohyun being carried to the sedan chair. Yonghwa followed her to ambulance. He sat beside her and grabbed her hands tight. “Seohyun-ah.... please wake up.” 

 

To be continued~

 


 

weee my story is too predictable... one of my reader, cnsdgirl succesfully figure this out since chapter 1.. kkk~ 

like i said, i feel that you can read my mind.. hehe.

well, that's all from me.. enjoy!