Do I Wanna Know?

Doomed Dara
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s not the one to easily give up. “1% possibility is still a possibility,” as she always say. She’s the type to never give up until defeat slaps her on the face and tell her to bugger off. And she knew that losing now is never an option.

 

Song Mino in Korea: The reason he left and came back.

 

With furrowed brows, she closed all other tabs in the browser, clicked the title on the Naver main page and focused on the article like her life depended on it.  “Kang Seungyoon… That rat!” The petite girl hissed before pressing her lips into a thin line.

 

“…after almost 3 years of living abroad. Song Mino, who is known all over Asia for his distinctive way of expressing life through photography, goes back home to teach aspiring students who want to follow his footsteps. The successful young lad shared that he’s very thankful to the directors of Seoul University for the opportunity…”

 

After skimming the article, Dara immediately dialed Seungyoon’s number. Kang Seugyoon better pick up or I’ll punch the life out of you when we—

 

“Hey Park, let me explain,” Seungyoon greeted.

 

“You have 2 minutes,” Dara replied trying to sound intimidating.

 

“First, I’m sorry for not telling you yesterday that we met last month for the interview, I totally forgot. Second, he kinda implied to keep his stay here as a secret until the article’s published. And lastly, DAMN SANDARA PARK!! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO BROKE UP WITH HIM SO DON’T GO ING ON ME IF HE DIDN’T WANT TO TELL YOU HE’S HERE!”

 

Dara can imagine her friend rolling his eyes. He’s right anyway. She’s the reason why Song Mino flew to Japan 2 years ago, left his friends, family and his budding career to get away from the heartbreak she caused. That night haunted her for as long as she can remember that she can recite every single word spoken in her sleep.

 

She sighed in frustration. “What should I do, Kang?”

 

“You’re a grown woman, Park, you know what to do. And Mino grew up well too. I observed every time we met—“

 

“YOU MET MORE THAN ONCE??” Dara glared over the phone. “Seriously! Are you really my best friend? What else do I have to know—“

 

“Do you want me to finish?” Seungyoon replied nonchalantly.

 

It’s Dara’s turn to roll her eyes. She knew Seungyoon when she’s a fetus (as their fathers joked) and went to school with him from pre-school to college. Their moms, who are best friends since high school, always pair them up until 2nd grade when Seungyoon held Dara’s hands in front of everyone and confessed that he’s gay and that he wants her to be his ‘best man’ on his wedding. And for 23 years, every soul knows that the sass that is Kang Seungyoon is the only person in the world that can shut Dara up.

 

Dara immediately pursed her lips. “Go on, I’m listening,” she mumbled.

 

“Good girl. Tsk! Now, what I’m saying is that Song Mino grew up to be a better person. I mean, he already is one of best guys out there; he’s smart, talented, kind, caring… Hmm. What else? Oh, respectful and loyal! But the that is YOU played his heart—“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter