ugh Onew you’re ruining my life I hate you go awayyyy

Get lost!

GET LOST!

 

The word lost doesn’t always mean something negative. It doesn’t always mean that you are a loser or you are defeated.

Take, for example, the phrase getting lost.

Getting lost in an unfamiliar city can be a hassle especially when you’re in a hurry or you don’t have enough cash to take a cab that can get you to exactly where you want to go.

But getting lost means adventure. It is one good opportunity to explore a place you’d never think of visiting, ever. When you get lost, you learn the way to places, discover new routes and possibly new restaurants and thrift shops hidden somewhere.

When you get lost, you get to meet new people. That is, if you have the courage to ask. You can meet nice strangers who can teach you the right corners to turn to or the right bus number to ride. It could even open up a path to new friendship or relationships.

That was how Luna met Onew.

Take, for example, lost in thoughts.

Like, you can’t get that one person out of your mind. When you hear a song over and over again in your head, it is known as ‘earworms’ or ‘last song syndrome’ or LSS. But what about having one person cross your mind over and over again? What do you call that?

You are lost in your thoughts because you keep on thinking about that one person . . . maybe it means something more?

Maybe because he is indebted to you, maybe you are angry at him, maybe he has done something unforgettable or special, or maybe, simply, because you like him.

Luna was lost in thought, thinking of that promised coffee, got angry because Onew has forgotten all about it, but almost melted into a puddle of goo when he took her instead to a picnic by the beach, under the twinkling stars and bright full moon.

Yes, maybe Luna likes Onew.

Take, for example, losing your mind.

In slang terms, you are off your rocker or going nuts. In a lighter translation, it could mean that you are going crazy.

But losing your mind out of too much anxiety—worrying about whether he looked you way or noticed your new dress, whether he cares for you too or thinks of you as well, or does he even like me back?!—well, that’s a different story. And it can only be sated when you get answers.

Onew did answer Luna’s many questions because he didn’t want her to lose her mind completely. “I like you, Luna. No, actually, I’m in love with you!”

But Luna lost her mind even more because of the confession.

Getting lost, though, has many other uses.

Like getting lost in the eyes of that one person you love, getting lost in his touch, his embrace, and his kisses. Getting lost in space because he called your name softly and whispered how much you mean the world to him.

Luna enjoyed all of his time together with Onew, even if he was awkward, even if his jokes were corny, even if he was clumsy and even if he doesn’t seem to have the right timing for his crazy pick-up lines and puns. She just wanted to bask in his radiance of this walking ball of sunshine that she so wanted to squish and cuddle and shower with kisses because he’s just so adorable and so cute and so handsome and so hot all at the same time and ugh Onew you’re ruining my life I hate you go awayyyy—

Just kidding. For Luna, everything was already perfect and complete just by having Onew by her side and holding her hand. She has found comfort both in his random outbursts of witty ideas and in his silences.

To relay it in simpler terms, Luna got lost in her own little world that she had made, with Onew at its center.

When Luna made a note of it all in her very secret diary, she realized that the word lost doesn’t completely mean losing. If anything, she had won the grandest prize of all when she got lost in that small city, asked a random stranger, and found, not only the right way, but also the love of her life in the form of Onew. 

 


Author's Note:

Because I always get lost in the capital. OTL

This plot has been bugging my mind in a long time, and so while waiting for a friend and getting that rare chance, I wrote all these in about half an hour, I think? Oyea~ Will wait for your comments and subscriptions mehehehe ^^ Thanks for reading! :D

 

 

TheDarkLordInHiding now signing off~! <3