The Past (5)

Looking back

"Thump.......thump," that pair of annoying legs were kicking Sulli's chair again. She pretended to be oblivious and stayed still in her seat, refusing to give in to the culprit. 

"Thump....thump....thump...." those legs just would not stop kicking Sulli's chair, causing her to slash an ugly line on the cute cartoon she had just doodled on her notebook.

"What do you need, Mr Cockroach?" Sulli finally conceded defeat and turned to the back. Her palms fell heavily on the table and she glared at the culprit.

"Oppppss I was just doing some strectching. Did I bother you? I guess I can't help because they are too long," Minho answered nonchalantly.

"Aishhh you will be the death of me," Sulli said while her hands shot out to hit Minho's head. Too bad she missed her target because his reaction was faster.

"Heyyy young lady, mind your mannners! Don't get your blood boiled up so easily! You don't want to turn to an old lady with wrinkled face that soon right? And nobody will marry you if you keep using violence!" Minho replied with teasing tone.

"Aish, you will be the death of me! I... I don't want to talk to you anymore. Hmmmmphh!" Sulli turned back to her table and continued doodling. She could never beat Minho in this type of situation. He was just so annoying, like a pain in neck!

The both of them were seatmates for two weeks. They became good friends soon and Sulli discovered another side of Minho. He was mischievous. Ever since Miss Hwang changed their seats last week, instead of seatmaes, Minho was now sitting behind Sulli. It gave him the advantage to mock and annoy Sulli with all his might. He would kick Sulli's chair, throw small pieces of eraser to her hair and stick funny notes onto her back. There was even once where he hid a fake cockroach in Sulli's pencil case earning an epic screech from her.

"But I actually like him annoying me. I feel that he pays attention to me. Why are my thoughts and actions contradicting each other? Urghhh," Sulli's head was in a mess again.

"So you are playing the silent game? Well, I am s-o-r-r-y little princess. Please forgive this lowly knight,"Minho tapped Sulli's shoulder and spelled out his apology. Sulli was surprised at his quick defeat but she was wrong. Very very wrong.

"Not really," he pulled her ponytail forcefully and ran off with his lips curved up with a sly smile.

" Ouch it hurts! I knew it!" Sulli stamped her feet on the ground like a kid. Her neatly tied-up hair was just ruined.

"Fighting with your beloved again?" Sora teased Sulli.

" What? Can't you see we are enemies?" Sulli denied but her blushed cheeks sold her feelings out.

" More like frenemies. But both of you are too cute to declare a war! Anyway let's meet Suzy and the girls. They have been waiting for us at the cafeteria since the bell rang," Sora grabbed Sulli's arm and dragged her out of the classroom, making a beeline to their destination.

Speaking of Suzy, Sulli had actually gotten close to her through a group project for English. She realised that Suzy was a lovable girl who got too loud sometimes. They had quite a lot in common and that spiced up their friendship. Although Suzy was defeated by her in the monthly exam, it did not spoil their relationship. Suzy had never shown that she was annoyed by the fact that someone had broken her record of always being first in class, let alone the someone was a new comer originated from a half-urban-half-rural area.

However, there was something bothering Sulli. After a few days Sulli had befriended Sulli, Minho vaguely asked her to be careful of Suzy in their casual chat. But she did not really take the advice to heart because she felt that there was nothing not to love about Suzy. Furthermore, he would not even tell her the reason why he fought with Suzy the other day. The memory about the warning got fainter and fainter but it just would not go away. 

"This is weird. Maybe Minho is jealous because I can get along with Suzy in such a short time? But I don't want him to get jealous over her. Maybe I will ask him clearly some other time," that was the question lingering on her mind before she drifted off to her dreamland.