In His Arms

11:11

 

When asked where would he take his girlfriend

He said “Into my arms and snuggle with her.”

 


 

“Don’t you have schedule today?” Yoo Mi twirls his blonde hair (which she can never bring herself to love) as she secures her place on top of him.

The boy nods and lets out a long sigh. The girl giggles and rests her head on his chest, "Why so down, baby?" He lets out another sorrowful sigh and puts his arm behind his head, propping it higher so he can see his girlfriend’s face.

Seeing her boyfriend's tired expression pains her. She sighs as she begins to draw circle on his chest, humming their favorite song, Baby Don’t Cry. The boy smiles, puts his head back and her hair. Being with her has always been his escape, away from crazy sasaengs, from the noisy competitive industry, and away from the spotlight. They can stay like this for hours and he wishes he could.

His phone rings. They stop and turn to the phone. Jongin rolls his eyes as he glances over at Yoo Mi. The girl stops humming and rolls over, allowing him to answer his phone.

He gets up and sits on the side of the bed. He sighs at the caller’s ID, his manager. “Yeah?” He answers and glances over at Yoo Mi who hides herself under their white blanket. He chuckles when she pulls down the blanket and peeks.

She turns over and lies on her side, propping her head on her palm. Under the morning rays peeking through their sheer curtain, the figure before her cannot be anymore perfect. Even with messy bedhead, he still looks as yummy as always. She absolutely loves the way he ruffles his hair when he gets frustrated. It’s just simply adorable. She traces the outline of his perfectly sculptured face and that jawline that can certainly cut diamonds. Those thick, soft lips that he always seems to love to bite. And there, his eyes! Oh! His eyes! Those eyes can be fierce enough to kill a cow and melt thousands of girls down with a single glance when he wants to, yet they can be so caring and sweet. She lies there, astonished by the beautiful creature before her that she is lucky enough to call hers.

“Ok. I’ll be there soon.” After a few half-hearted responses and tired nods, the boy puts down his phone and returns to his place next to his girlfriend, under the blanket.

“You have to go now?” She pouts as she inches her way into his arms.

“Yeah.” He sighs and pulls her closer. He doesn’t want to leave this happy place.

She wants to ask him to stay but that would be way too selfish of her. She buries her face in his chest and takes a deep breath before pushing him away, “Go wash up before the stylist unnies start nagging.” She giggles.

He whines, not want to let go. Knowing his weakness, she slowly places her hands on his waist and tickles him. The boy shrieks and broke away. She laughs and sticks out her tongue teasingly.

“Yah!” He laughs and launches forward for revenge. The girl screams and backs away.

“No! Oppa! Stop!” She shrieks in between her laughter. “You’re going to be late!”

After five minutes of wrestling on the bed, Jongin finally lets her go and pulls her face toward his. “Not getting up without a kiss.” He smirks, closes his eyes, and puckers his lips. The girl giggles and gives him a quick peck. He opens his eyes and looks at her, disappointed. “Is that all I get after all of my hard work?” He pouts.

“You’ll get the rest when you’re done washing up.” She winks.

“Yes ma’am.” He laughs and gets up.

“Don’t forget to shave!” She calls out as he walks into the bathroom. She loves his stubby chin but she doubts others will, especially his stylist.

“Kay.” He replies and closes the door behind him.

The girl smiles and lies back down on the bed. Staring up at the ceiling, she wonders how they will be in a few years when EXO becomes famous worldwide. Will they still be the same? She quickly shakes away that thought and springs up.

She puts on his white T-shirt that goes down to her mid-thigh over her black tank top and ties her hair up into a ponytail before making her way to the kitchen. “What do you want for breakfast?” She knocks on the bathroom’s door on her way out.

“Anything.” He says, biting on his toothbrush, “Surprise me.”

She chuckles and scans the bedroom. She spots the towel hanging on the chair, “Baby, towel?” She knocks on the door again.

“Oh yeah! I forgot that I took it outside last night.” He opens the door and pokes his head out.

She grabs the towel from across the room and throws it to him. “Thanks, babe.” He puckers his lips and sent her a kiss with the toothbrush still in his mouth.

The girl bursts out laughing and sends a kiss back.

 


 

The pan sizzles when she cracks in the eggs. He likes American breakfast and she knows quiet a lot about it through experience so today’s breakfast is a piece of cake to her. She pops four pieces of whole-grain bread into the toaster. The idol is on a strict diet so Yoo Mi tries her best to make his meals as healthy as possible. She prepares a plate filled with a variety of the boy’s favorite fruits and a cup of coffee along side of the toasts, eggs, and ham.

“What are you making? It smells good.” Jongin calls out from the bedroom as he picks out his clothes. He puts on a plain white T-shirt and black jeans. He grabs his navy letterman jacket with white sleeves and swings it over his shoulders.

“A surprise!” She laughs while washing the fruits, humming some random tune.

The boy quietly enters the kitchen and sets his jacket down on his chair.

“A surprise?” He wraps his arms around her waist and hugs her from behind.

She jumps a little at the sudden touch. She turns to looks at him. She smiles and nods teasingly. He chuckles before bending down and kisses her neck. His touch sends a wave of electricity down her body making her shivers a little. She giggles.

“I’d rather have this for breakfast.” He kisses her neck again and pulls her closer.

“Well, I guess you won’t get anything for breakfast then.” She giggles and turns to kiss his forehead.

“No fair.” He whines and turns her around. Looking into her eyes, he slowly pushes her against the sink and even slower, leaning in for a passionate kiss. She wraps her arms around his neck as she leans back and softly receives the kiss. He kisses her softly but passionately. They giggle when she bites his lower lip and smirks. This moment is when they are happiest. Being able to be in each other’s arms give them comfort and joy. Nothing in the world matters anymore. As long as he has her and she has him, that is enough. They never want to let moments like these fade no matter what happens.

 


 

“This second mini album is eating me alive.” He complains as he munches on the fruit, sighing in the process.

She smiles and grabs his hand, “Baby, it will get easier.” He looks up, seeking for her reassuring smile.

“Sure hope so.” He chuckles, leans across the table, and plants a kiss on her cheek.

“You know, sometimes I feel like a mistress of a rich CEO.” The girl laughs at how ridiculous that sounds.

“Huh?” He laughs, confused. He always knew that his girlfriend is not ordinary girl but her imagination is beyond what he can ever imagine.

“I don’t know.” She sits back, finding it hard to explain. “Like, we only meet for two days the whole week without anyone from the outside knowing about us.” She laughs, “It almost feels like your fans are your wife and I’m your hidden mistress.” She observes his reaction closely. He is confused at first but then laughs at the imagination of his little secret mistress.

“Yes, you are my secret but not as a mistress but as a queen.” He laughs.

“Oh my god. That is so cheesy!” She cringes as he leans over for another kiss. She gives him a peck on the lips and he returns to his seat a happy boy.

“Thanks for the meal, babe.” He picks up his plates and heads to the sink.

“Now do the dishes?” The girl playfully asks. She giggles when the boy stops and turns to her, puzzled. The last time she asked him to do it, he broke 2 plates out of 4. She thinks that he did it on purpose so he wouldn’t have to do the dishes ever again. She still holds that against him until today.

“I would do it if you’re willing to sacrifice your beautiful dishes.” He laughs and smirks mockingly.

“Only if you don’t want to eat home any more.” She sticks out her tongue and laughs. Food is his weakness. To be more accurate, her food is his weakness. Eating carryout for the whole week with the other 11 makes him sick to the stomach. The only time he’s able to be with her is on the weekends and he’d like to treasure their rare meetings and drown himself in the delicious food she makes for him every weekends.

“Fine. Fine. I’ll do it.” He gives up and puts the pair of pink rubber gloves on.

“You’re so cute!!!” The girl exclaims at his cute pout when he picks up the sponge.

“Of course! Who can be cuter?” He laughs while focusing on not dropping the slippery plate covered in soap.

She laughs and takes her place next to him. He looks over at the girl as she tries to pick up a plate, “I’ll do it.” He grabs it before she does. “Just go sit down.” He urges her.

“Really?” She tilts her head and looks up at him. “Really really?” She puts on a little aegyo and puffs her cheeks.

He laughs, “You look like MinSeok hyung.”

“Well, thank you. He’s my favorite in EXO.” She pokes fun at him.

“What?” He turns to her.

“Just kidding~” She sings and walks away.

 


 

“I’m going.” He says sadly, reluctantly letting go of her hands.

“Have fun. Don’t dance to hard, your back still hasn’t fully healed yet.” She fixes his hair (which she hates) and his jacket.

He smiles, “Yes ma’am.” Pointing at his cheek, he leans down. The girl quickly catches on and tiptoed to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye.” He pulls her for one last hug before a long week of work. “I’ll see you Saturday. Remember to text me.” He caresses her head.

“Ok. Take care.” She smiles and watches him walk out the door.

Two days seem too short for them but there’s not much they can do at this point. She might miss him but she will have to wait for another 5 days to be in his arms again. This love is hard, she told herself plenty of times, but she is sure it’s worth it. He’s worth the wait and the distance.