A Part Time Job

I'm Now His Slave??!! (Editing in Process)

Chapter 27

It's been a few weeks since I've met Sam. We've gotten closer and she became my best girl friend. She and Jonghyun are still nervous around each other but they're also more comfortable as well. They both really like each other, but neither has the gut to confess. I would like to try to push them, but I decided that they should travel at their own pace after all, it's none of my business ... sometimes.

It was the weekend and I had nothing to do. All of a sudden my phone rang. I picked it up and answered, "Hello?"

"Hello my dear." I heard my mom's voice.

I immediately lit up and smiled. "Hi umma! I miss you so much, why haven't you been calling lately?"

My mom sighed. "I'm sorry, honey. I've just been so busy with my job and everything, that I didn't have the time to call you."

"It's okay, I just worry about you sometimes though. You have to stop working so hard, it's bad for your health."

I heard my mom's warm laughter and it immediately made me smile. "Don't worry, I'm not working hard. Besides it's to help provide for you. I want you to live a comfortable and safe life."

I sighed and started flipping through my planner. "Mom ... You don't need to work so hard for that. I just ... want you to be home. I don't care if we end up in the street, as long as you're here with me I am fine with it. I just really miss our quality time together..."

"I know, honey. I do too, and I promise that we can. When I come back home, I'll spend all of my time with you and we can do whatever you want, okay?"

"Really? You promise?"

She laughed again, bringing happiness into me. "Of course I promise. After all, how much do I love you?"

I smiled. "More than the world, more than the universe and you'll love me more and more."

"And you better remember that. Anyway, I have good news for you."

"Mhmm?"

"I'm going to be coming home next month!"

I jumped out from my chair and screamed. "Really? You promise? Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. I can't wait to see you my hunny bun."

"And I can't wait for you, umma." I whispered.

"I know -" I heard a loud cough and I immediately grew concerned.

"Are you okay? Umma?!"

I heard another cough and then a harsh voice, "Y-Yes my dear, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. Just a small cold." I heard another cough. "I have to go my dear."

"Y-you're going to return healthy, right?"

There was a small pause then I heard her cheery voice. "Yes, of course! You know your umma. She's very strong and tough like a bull."

I smiled, all the worriness going away. "Okay ... Well Good-bye, umma. Call me again soon!!"

"I will, my hunny bun. Be safe alright? Good-Bye!!" My mom said and then I hanged up.

That recent cough had me very concerned about her, but I just shrugged and continued looking through my planner then something caught my eyes. It was going to be Kibum's birthday on the 23rd!! Which was only two weeks from now! What am I suppose to get for his birthday?! Wait?! Do I even have any money? I quickly ran upstairs to my room and looked through my wallet to find that I didn't have anything at all. I started freaking out then an idea came to my head. *I need a part-time job.*

I grabbed a newspaper and started circling some available jobs that were nearby and that paid well. After circling a few, I went out to the stores. The first store I went to I was denied because I had no experience. The second said that I wasn't fit to be an employee. The third said I was too young, and so on and on. One after the other, the jobs were crossed out. Nobody wanted to hire me, leaving me disappointed and depressed. *What am I suppose to do? I have to buy something for his birthday!*

I sighed and sat down on a bench on the sidewalk. I was so exhausted from walking everywhere to find a job and I was so depressed that I couldn't find even one to work at! Then I saw something ... A sign asking for help. It was a pastry shop. I immediately felt a small hope in me, but it was quickly blown away by the thought that I might get rejected again. I thought about it and shook my head. *No MinYoung! You have to try! You can do this for Kibum!*

I stood up and gathered all my strength. I walked in to the store and spotted an employee. I took a deep breathe and walked up to him.

"Excuse me?" I called out.

The employee turned to me. "Yes? How can I help you?"

"Um ... Well, I was just walking by and then I noticed that you there was a help sign out in the front. Is it possible if I could get hired?" I asked, my small hope giving me the strength to not shake.

The employee smiled. "Let me go get the owner. I'll be right back."

He left and went in to the back. A while later the employee came back and nodded. "Here, follow me please."

I followed the employee to the back and he stopped right in front of a door that said 'Office'. He nodded to the door and left with a smile. I stood in front of the door and took a deep breathe. *Come MinYOung! You can do this! Don't be afraid.* I knocked on the door and heard a 'come in'. So I opened the door and went in. The owner head was facing down and he was writing something on a paper. His hairstyle and color looked oddly familiar. He waved to the chair in front of his desk. "Have a seat please."

I took the seat and waited for him to finish. Although, I swear he looked so familiar. I tried to catch a glimpse of his face but he was looking down and his bangs were covering whatever left of his face. So I just waited and waited ... But I went crazy! *I swear I know this guy! Why can't I see his face!! I hate how I'm so curious, but I can't help it.* I cleared my throat.

"Um ... Should I come back another time?" I asked.

When I spoke the guy froze. I literally saw him froze like a statue. He wasn't moving and inch. He wasn't moving at all, actually, and it was really starting to freak me out. I thought that I was stuck in time until he looked up ... And I realized that it was JinKi!

"JinKi?! Woah, wait, wait, wait what are you doing here? You're the owner?" I started shooting questions at him.

JinKi blinked and then smiled. "What a coincidence... Yes, I am the owner. I own this store, just as a hobby though. You're looking for a job?"

I nodded. "Ne, I'm sure you know, but Kibum's birthday is coming up soon and I don't have money to buy him anything. So I was wondering if I could get a part-time job to earn money to buy him a birthday present."

"Really? How did you find out about this place?"

"Well ... I was looking around for a job earlier, but they all rejected me. It was unbelievable but I couldn't find a single job, so I sat down at this bench across the street and saw your pastry shop and saw the 'help wanted' sign so I thought I'd give it a try."

JinKi nodded then leaned back in his chair. After a while he leaned forward and gave me a big smile and winked, "You're hired."

I blinked ... "What did you say?"

"I said you're hired."

I blinked again ... "Why?"

JinKi smiled. "Kibum's my best friend, and I know he would be very sad that you didn't buy him anything for his birthday. Besides, I definitely can't say no to you, you're my best friend as well. I'm glad you found this place to work at."

"Wait ... So you're going to hire me ... Just like that? No interviews, no question ... nothing?" JinKi just nodded and smiled his prine charming smile. I stared at him for awhile then a huge smile broke out on my face and ran up to him to hug him. "Thank you!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I'm so happy that you hired me!!"

JinKi was taken back by my action but then I felt him hug me back. "Of course I would hire you. You're very ... important to me, more than you know it." He whispered the last sentence.

I felt my cheek turn red. *What the heck MinYoung? What are you doing?!* I mentally scolded myself and pulled away. "When do I start?"

JinKi tapped his chin then snapped his fingers. "How about I teach you everything you need to know today? Are you free?"

I eagerly nodded. "Yes! I am!"

JinKi smiled. "Then let me show you around." He stood up and held the door opened for me. I laughed at his gentlemen charm and walked out. I followed him and he showed me the place. There was a second floor which was for the customers, and it also had a little playroom for the little kids in the corner. The second floor had an amazing view, and it also had a patio with tables and plants. Downstairs was where the counter was and where the pastries and other stuff were displayed. In the kitchen, there were people who were making the pastries and the food for the customers. Then there were a locker room for girls and another for boys where their stuff could be placed. And that pretty was it. We went to the counter.

"And that's the whole place." JinKi said.

"Did you design the whole place?" I asked, curious.

JinKi smiled and nodded. "Yes. Does it look nice?"

"It looks very beatiful."

"Thank you. I try my best. Anyway, you're going to be working as a cashier/waitress. Your job is to get the order from the customers, log it into the computer, give the food to them and you know all those things. You are also to replace the pastries if we run out, let the chef know in advance. That's about it. Think you can handle it?"

I smiled. "Ne, I think I can, the only problem though is the cashier. I really don't know how to work the machine."

JinKi nodded and lead me to one of the machine. He started going through the whole basic step. I was really confused though. Gosh, when it came to machines I can get confused very easily, but JinKi went at a slow pace and repeated the whole thing. He was very gentle and patient. After awhile I finally got it.

"So you understand?" JinKi asked.

"Yes! I'm sorry JinKi, that must've been irritating." I sighed.

"Nope, it wasn't. Don't think that way MinYoung. With you, nothing is ever irritating." JinKi smiled and looked at me.

I immediately became nervous. Why did he say it like that? Does he mean something behind those words? No ... I'm probably just imagining things. I chuckled nervously and waved.

"I think I should go now. But when are my working days?" I asked.

He blinked and sighed and I almost thought I saw him sad but he quickly smiled. "Monday, Wednesday, Friday, after school till closing time. Think you can handle it?"

I nodded. "Of course. I'm MinYoung, I can handle anything."

JinKI flicked my forehead and pouted at him, rubbing at my head. He chuckled and hugged me. "You think you can handle anything. But if there ever is a time when you can't handle something or just want to talk about it, come to me alright? I can definitely help."

I nodded. "Yes JinKi. Anyway, I'll go now. Bye!!"

JinKi released me and waved. I walked out of the shop, confused as ever but also happy. *I finally got a part time job!! Hurray!! But why do I feel like ... something's going to happen?* I thought about it then shrugged the thought and feeling away.

_________________________________________

Did you guys like this chapter? :D, Idk if I can update as much now, because my tennis game is coming up soon and I'm practicing really hard for it, not to also mention school and all (yes I have a social life XD). I'll try my best though!!! And please leave comments too, it helps me and gives me confidence that the story is okay. :D, bye!!!