Luhan

The Flower Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, My God! Mom, why?!” The loud voice from the 23 year old, groaning and making a lot of noise in discontent, resonates throughout the apartment. His mother rolls her eyes at how dramatic her son acts.

“Because, Luhan, I need to finish the cake before the guests arrive! Will you please just go buy me some flowers?” His mother pleads and chops another carrot to let out her frustrations. This frustration isn’t anything compared to the boy who you could’ve thought wasn’t any older than an average 18 year old, but he was. Though his baby-face and fluffy, chestnut brown hair didn’t exactly help him look any older, and this had been pointed out, too, on several occasions. Luhan’s door opens, joined by another groan in displease. As he storms to the kitchen to protest further, he’s stopped by a spatula in the doorway. “Don’t argue, just go,” his mother advices, waving the spatula in his face threateningly. Luhan glares at her but makes his way towards the mirror. Naturally, he needs to check himself before going outside. He mutters different Chinese words in no particular order while dressing himself in a tight pair of his finest jeans, a t- and a jacket that’s covered with bright pink flowers. He lets his hair be and adds sneakers, an expensive watch and sunglasses last to his look. He looks smashing! Or so he thinks himself at least. He does a cheeky pose in the mirror, biting the corner of his lip ily then decides that he’s done to be adored by the outside the world.

“All right, I’m going!” he yells. Upon opening the door, Luhan breathes in the fresh air and puts on his sunglasses demonstratively. Afterwards, he strolls down the street, looking like he owns the entire city. If you haven’t figured this out yet then I can tell you right now: Luhan is as gay as sugar is sweet! Either way, on his way to the nearest flower boutique, Luhan sees lots of things that distract him, including the cute guy walking his Pomeranian with a heavy frown on his forehead. Luhan stops and sits down in front of the dog. “Aw! That’s the cutest little I’ve ever seen!” he coos, patting the little one’s head.

“Did you just call my dog ‘’, you son of a ?!” the owner of the puppy exclaims in high offence. Luhan stands up; he’s smirking at the guy while eyeing him up and down.

“Easy there, hot stuff. No need to get defensive. Unless you want to wrestle me down to the ground, which I, quite frankly, would not mind.” Luhan winks at the guy who returns his flirts with a horrified expression. “See you around,” Luhan says, waving his hand cheerfully as he continues his little walk down the street. It doesn’t take long before he sees the perfect flower shop with lots of flowers in different colours standing in front of the shop. He inhales the lovely scent from the many flowers and opens the door to walk inside. The store isn’t big, but cosy and Luhan instantly feels at home. He strolls around the corridors filled with the plants he loves so much. Slowly, he takes a couple of flowers from the shelves, scans them for a minute but then changes his mind and puts them back on their places again. He puffs out some air, causing his bangs to shift its position from hanging on the left side of his face to move over to the right.

“Excuse me, do you need any help?” A delicate, calm voice behind Luhan makes him swing his heel around. Next to him stands a boy with sharp features, long neck, tall body in general and not too bad muscles that shows through his shirt with rolled up sleeves. He’s a blond, and Luhan loves blonds. Luhan nods his head slowly. The boy smiles. “What do you need help with? Are you searching for any particular flowers? For a special event or just to have some at home?” the boy asks, though Luhan pays little attention to the questions. Instead he searches for the boy’s nametag and his hope falls as there’s no sign after one.

“Uh... I’m... Err...” Luhan trails after words. It doesn’t take long until he gives up completely and sets a new goal in his mind; to seduce the cute shop assistant.

“Yes?”

“Yes, I’m looking for a cute thing. Quite tall... Good looking, nice face, soft lips and lots of charisma! Do you have any of those?” Luhan smiles widely, having both his eyebrows raised in wonder. At first, the other boy just looks at him but then he nervously chuckles – a mistake he’d soon regret.

“Um... I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he tries to excuse himself. He doesn’t know how persistent Luhan is; he doesn’t know him, yet.

“I’m talking about you, of course! You’re adorable!” Luhan bursts out, pointing a finger at the boy’s chest. “Tell me, what’s your name? A handsome guy must have a name that fits. Like me. My name’s Luhan. I’m from Beijing, China,” Luhan introduces himself. He can see the obvious chock in the other boy’s eyes.

“N-nice to m-meet you...” the other stutters.

“You too! Tell me your name now! I’m dying to know!” Luhan exclaims. The boy backs away, seeming quite frightened by the shorter yet excited boy.

“I-it’s Sehun,” he mumbles quietly. Luhan moves closer, holding his hand behind his ear.

“Come again? Se...?”

“Hun,” Sehun fills in. “I better get going now. If you need any help, call again.” He turns around to leave but Luhan has other plans; he clears his throat.

“I need help,” he declares with sparkling eyes. Sehun turns back; he looks dejected.

“Yes?” he asks.

“Do you have a girlfriend? And in either case, would you still want to go have some bubble tea with me?” Luhan wonders, his tone is lighter and not as jumpy as before. He can see Sehun’s wrinkles deepen in thought. Luhan’s smile fades away as more and more time pass.

“Sure, but I don’t get off work until six tonight. Are you really going to wait that long?” Sehun’s inquiry sounds like a slight rejection to Luhan, however, he refuses to get knock out before the fight even starts. He nods.

“Of course. I still have to bring the flowers home to my mother’s little tea party, so I’ll come pick you up in four hours. It’ll give me lots of time to make myself look even more stunning and you’ll just have to keep looking stunning. It’s a date!” He plucks some random flowers and pushes Sehun to the cashier. “And I’ll have these. Mom have always loved lilies,” Luhan says, an undertone of wanting to impress lies under the surface of his statement. Sehun laughs though.

“Only, those aren’t lilies. They’re orchids. Want me to go fetch you some lilies instead?” he asks, smiling for the first time since Luhan basically threw himself at him. Luhan scoffs.

“I meant orchids,” he objects confidently, “I got them mixed up because I was too busy staring at you.” He adds a wink while leaning over the counter. Sehun clears his throat.

“Uh, sure. Anyway, do you want me to wrap them up in some nice paper or should I put them in a vase for you? Although that’ll be a bit more expensive,” he inquires professionally. Luhan shrugs.

“How old are you?” he instead asks. “19? 21?” He sees the fluster on the other’s cheeks as he tries to wrap some nice paper around the orchids.

“I’m 20...” he mumbles. Luhan beams.

“Ah! Perfect! But how come you don’t have a girlfriend then? If you’re healthy, handsome, have nice hands...”

“I don’t have a girlfriend because I’m not straight,” Sehun cuts him off. This causes Luhan to chuckle lightly, which makes Sehun look up at him. “What?”

“Sweetheart, I’m teasing. I know you aren’t straight,” he informs the other. Sehun scowls in shock, letting out a small gasp.

“How did you know? I haven’t told anyone yet! Not even my family!” he burst out in panic. Luhan stands up straight; he’s significantly shorter than the other but for once, it doesn’t bother him. He gives the other a look of concern.

“Why not? Don’t you think they would accept you? And I know because I’m gay. It’s easier to see then,” he explains calmly. The other’s shoulder fall down a little bit and Luhan takes it as a sign that he’s calmed down too.

“I don’t know. The subject hasn’t really come up at the dinner table.” Sehun’s joke allows Luhan to lighten up the mood with a laugh. “How did you tell your parents?”

Luhan smiles. “They noticed eventually. And...” Luhan interrupts himself as his phone vibrates in his pocket. He picks up the phone, answering, “Ye-llow!”

“Luhan! Where are you? I need the flowers now! It’s gone over an hour and the guests are arriving any minute now! What are you doing?!” his mother scolds him. Luhan rolls his eyes in Sehun’s direction, mouthing ‘sorry’.

“Yes, mother. I’m on my way home as we speak. The nearest flower shops wasn’t open and-”

“Yes, yes! Just hurry home, please!” His mother hangs up in his ear. Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter