Chapter: 5

Let's Play Pretend!

W I T C H
Chapter 5


"No, I'm telling you! I heard them talking about it! They have that mirror!' Prince Luhan, trying everso hard to convince his friends that the three men had the enchanted mirror, aka 'get this ugly girl out of Elipse contraption'. 

It was night fall, every villager must be in their homes by this time, unless they are given permission by Luhan, the only power he seemed to have for now. They all cozied up to the fire that crackled in the middle of them. Jinah, who was holding on to the only blanket she was provided with, clung on to it like a small child in fear of a monster. 

"What mirror are you talking about? As far as I'm concerned, the only mirror you use is the one to look at yourself." She huffed, kicking a small stone that was in her way towards the fire. 

Luhan only scowled at her, studying how disrespectful she could be to the only Prince in this land. *Whatever, soon you'll be out of sight and out of mind* He smirked at his thought. 

Kai gave her a warm smile, and took his jacket off, placing it on her shoulders so she wouldn't have to be so dependent on her blanket. "Well, you see, in the ancient times-"

"This is the ancient times." She mumbled resting her chin on her knee. Luhan scoffed, "Better than-" 

"ANYWAY," Kai continued, giving Luhan the shut-up-you're-the-one-who-wants-her-gone-let-me-tell-the-story look. Defeated, Luhan crunched his face and slouched, his eyes glued to the fire. 

"In the ancient, ancient times, the kings of this land were very well into witchcraft. They hired secret witches who were supposedly just escorts to the public eye, but the public eye didn't get to see what was going on in the castle. The kings, three to be exact, all lost their wives due to a sickness. 

"One king wanted a spell that could bring her back to this world, the second wanted a spell that could bring him back to the past so he could prevent her sickness, and the third wanted a spell that could take him to the future earlier so he could find the cure for his wive in time."

Jinah bit her lip. *Spells, huh?* 

"Anyway, the witch was certainly up for it. But only under one condition: she wanted to see herself." 

Luhan scoffed again, interrupting the mood of the night breeze and peaceful fire, "she was probably ugly anyway." 

"LUHAN!" Kris shrieked, worried expressions took over his face. "The witch can still hear you!" Jinah's eyes rounded, she felt adrenaline pumping through her. "She's still alive?!" 

"If you would let me finish the story, I would be happy to let you know." He spoke with gritted teeth. Kai's face dropped in annoyance, almost giving up on this girl. Jinah jutted out her bottom lip, slouching her shoulders. "Right sorry." 

"As I was saying, she wanted to see herself. Now, this was a big deal in their time. Witches were not allowed to see what they really looked like, because a mirror is one of their most powerful weapons in disguise. The ones who provided them with it were beheaded. The kings were obviously worried, they had to think long and hard. In the end, they knew it wasn't worth suffering the consequences over letting a witch see a mirror, so they called it quits"

"Well, the witch got angry, and she eventually forced herself to cast a spell on all three. Yes, the spell included them going into a mirror that they hid from her the entire time and into the worlds and time frames they wanted to go to, but as their punishment, they were forced to watch their wives fall in love with someone else, and if that wasn't enough, they were forced to witness their deaths over, and over, and over. The cycle is still going on now, actually." 

A gust of wind blew passed them, sounded almost like a low whistle to be precise. Jinah shivered in disgust, rubbing her arms for warmth. *What a terrible punishment...* She couldn't help but feel sorry for the men, but they should've seen it coming, considering witches are crazy. 

"And I'm telling you that the three men have it! If we can find it, then this....idiot can go back to Buffalo or where ever she came from." Luhan smirked at Jinah, knowing her comeback would be fuming. 

"It's BUSAN, you illiterate cow! And yes, please find that mirror!" She turned to Kai and Kris, her face falling apart due to sadness. Tears almost dwelled up in her eyes as she spoke, "I just wanna see my family and friends.." 

Kris sighed, looking down. "It's much harder than just finding the mirror. If the witch doesn't like you, she'll trap you in there like the rest of the kings. You'd have to meet her, get on her good side." 

Silence grew amongst them. All were thinking different things. 

Luhan: Whatever, just get that atrocious looking thing away from here.
Jinah: Please, Ms Witch, I just wanna go back home!
Kai: Where can you even find her...
Kris: Did I forget to feed my dog? Oh wait, right right. I don't have a dog. 

Luhan broke the silence. "So, what's her name? Where can she be found? Contacts? Anything?" 

Kai, who knew far more about this topic than anyone else in the village, stood up. "No one knows her name. All of her information was burned after the townspeople thought she was burned at the steak too, but she pulled a Houdini act and disappeared on them. Some say she comes back every generation through different forms, pretending to be just a regular villager." 

For a second, Kai stopped, and all six eyes averted to Jinah in suspicion. 

She blinked innocently, sitting up straighter. "What?" She put her fingers up to her lips. Luhan's eyes squinted as he got up. "and how do we know this isn't her right now?" He poked her head harsly, making her jerk back a bit.

"Yah!" She smacked his hand away, giving him a death glare. "Don't touch me! You...You jerk! Accusing me of such things!" She scoffed, crossing her arms and legs, holding her head up high. "As if I'd even bother coming to this old, rusty place just to play some mind game." 

Kris studied her, from her head to her toes. No one was really sure actually. A witch could turn herself into anything she wanted. There was no 100% sign of meeting a witch undercover. 

Luhan rolled his eyes, turning away from the fire. "Yeah, well no witch would wanna turn herself into some THAT ugly, so I guess that's proof." He smirked to himself, walking away to his perfectly comfortable castle. 

Jinah's eyes almost popped out of her head, steam blowing out of her ears and she clenched her fists together, pulling on her hair. "YAH! Prick Luhan! I'd rather suffer in my old world than live in peace in this one with you!" 

Oh, Jinah. Careful what you wish for. 


Sorry for the boring chapter! Just an insight about the back story with the whole mirror situation heh. Don't be afraid to drop a comment :)