Chapter: 1

Let's Play Pretend!

I m a g i n a t i o n 
Chapter One


"Hey! Wanna hang out after school today?" Jinah's best friend, SooRa, chirped up behind Jinah's locker. She was a pretty short girl, shorter than most the girls in their grade. Her long hair was pulled up in a bun, and her books were held tightly to her chest. 

After Jinah gathered her belongings in her arms, she closed her locker, handing her backpack to SooRa to hold while she stuffed it with books. Something they did everyday. One would hold the other's backpack while they filled it up. She had just finished stuffing her math book in when she pouted. 

"Sorry, I can't. I promised MinYoung we'd play today."

A couple students passed by them, bickering and whispering some gossip about other girls. SooRa pouted along with her best friend, and sighed. "It's okay. Tell her I said hey, okay?" She smiled, and Jinah chuckled rolling her eyes. "No need. She already knows the drill. Everytime we're together and I come home, she says 'hi' before I can even tell her you said hey." 

"That's the MinYoung I know and love." SooRa grinned. 

44a863f3.gif

"Unnie! You're home!" Little MinYoung peeked through the end of the corridor's corner, her small body almot being entirely hidden by the wall. She quickly ran down the hall and stairs as she heard the door close, and hugged her sister's legs tightly. Jinah laughed and ruffled MinYoung's hair lightly. 

"I guess I am home." She chuckled. MinYoung let go and looked up at her; eyes twinkling in admiration of her sister. 

"Jinah? Is that you?" Her mother walked out the kitchen, drying her hands with a rag. She smiled brightly at her daughter. "I just finished lunch. Would you like to eat?" "Nah," Jinah answered, "I ate at school. Besides, I promised MinYoung we'd play after school." She smirked at her little sister, bending down and tickling her sides. 

MinYoung giggled uncontrollably, slapping Jinah's hands away. "Come on! I want you to read my favorite book!" 
*Oh gosh. Her favorite books always involve castles.* Jinah mentally rolled her eyes, but on the outside she smiled dearly. 

Their mother gave a wholehearted laugh, before going back into the kitchen. "You guys have fun!" She shouted, hearing their footsteps scramble up the stairs.

 

Jinah examined the front cover of the book MinYoung had given her. It was a bright and colorful book. A purple castle with birds flying across the sky was the main background. There'd been a rainbow added, too. On the very top, the words: 

In the Land of Elipsé

were written big and bold with purple glittery effects on each letter. *Eh? Fancy name for a land* Jinah thought. MinYoung cuddled up next to her sister, grabbing a blanket along with her. 

"Hurry~ I'm not growing any younger, lady!" MinYoung exclaimed. The girls giggled together and Jinah shushed her. "I don't think growing younger is the problem." She winked at her slyly before finally opening the page. 

"Okay," she huffed, "Once a upon a time..."

 

IN THE LAND OF ELIPSÉ

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Elipsé, there had been a young prince. He suffered many years alone without a father or mother. Their precious land was not ruled by his King and Queen of parents. It was ruled by three very, very bad men.

"Bad boys!" MinYoung gasped, covering . "Yes, MinYoung. Bad boys." Jinah smiled, before continuing. 

Those men would make everyone in the villages work without money, and go to sleep without dinner. The prince realized he had to stop all this mess! "One day, I will overthrow them. And I will become the ruler! I will make everyone in this land happy. Nothing will stop me." The young prince told his friends one day, when they were by the well, getting water to help out the poor villagers.

"And how do you think you'll do that, Luhan?" His first friend asked the young prince. Luhan, the young prince, sighed. "I'm not sure, yet. A prince isn't much powerful, you know." 

"True," added the third friend after filling up their first bucket, "you know you need to find a princess before you can become King. You haven't even found a female worker for you! Let alone a princess.

"Hey!" The young prince shouted, splashing some water on his friend. They shared a laugh before walking their way back to the village. "For your information, many girls would like to be my princess." 

And it was true. 

Luhan was known to be a very handsome, and kind young prince. He was so handsome, that whenever he would walk past the town's corner to go the market, some of the ladies would run into walls and pillars!

Minyoung giggled at that. "I would, too!"

"Luhan, you know you shouldn't just marry a girl off because you want to rule. You should marry her because you love her." His friend gave him a warm smile. 

"I guess. I just hope I find her soon enough." Luhan sighed.

"Do you think he'll find his princess? Do you, Jinah? Do you? Or do you think those mean guys will continue to rule thier land and make the poor people hungry! That'd be terrible!" MinYoung pulled on her hair in fake stress, causing Jinah to let out a laugh. 

"I think he'll find a princess. The book says he's handsome and kind. Who wouldn't want such a prince?" She smiled.

MinYoung made a face. "I wish he was real. I'd love to be carried off my feet by him and taken to his big castle!" Her large, chocolate colored eyes were now glistening as she held her hands that were balled into fists by her cheeks, and she began to blush. 

Jinah only let out a small chuckle. "Don't be ridiculous. He's just imaginary. That kind of stuff only happens in dreams." She patted her sister's head lightly, leaving a pouty MinYoung. 

"Girls! Dinner's ready!" Their mother called out from downstairs. 

"OOH! Read to me later, Unnie! I'm starved!" MinYoung jumped off her bed, speeding downstairs as fast as she could. 

Jinah couldn't help holding back a giggle, setting the book she was holding aside, and looked at the pictures that were illustrated. Her eyes searched for the young prince. *Hmm..He is pretty handsome. For a drawn cartoon* He had dirty blonde hair, and a child-like face, but his complextion around his cheekbones was tight and high. *Very handsome...actually.* 

"Oh, I'm so stupid." She slapped her forehead before getting up. "He's just a cartoon. And imaginary." With that, she followed downstairs after her sister. 

Oh, how wrong she was. 

 

 

824403sp9mylioxm.gif

Hey guys~ I hope you liked chappie one (: There wasn't really much...um...anything going on besides her reading the book. But I promise it gets better!