Inevitable To Begin With

It Started with a Scandal

 

[Se-Kyung’s POV]

After a long day of honesty, smiles, laughs and a scraped knee; we ended the night with a kiss of goodbye.  Yoseob stood just a little forward from the sliding door waving goodbye as Jiyong Oppa and I drive away from Cube Entertainments lobby.  When I can no longer see Yoseob, I giggled a little then started acting like a love-struck teenager and I have no idea why. 

Out of my happiness I didn’t realise that Jiyong-Oppa was staring at me.

“You should always keep your eyes on the road; I want to go home in one piece.” I commented trying to make him look away and successfully he did but I have a feeling that is not the end of it.

I turned the radio on just so that the tension in the atmosphere will disappear; unfortunately enough it was B2ST’s song playing on the radio. I couldn’t help but laugh at the thought that Oppa is now burning in anger even more. Oppa was about to say something when I felt my phone vibrating non-stop, I held one finger up just to gesture for him to be quiet as I answer the call.

Yoboseyo?” I answered. “Oh, Se-Kyung number 2” I replied once again when I realised who was on the other line. It was my bestfriend, Kwon Se-Kyung, yes; we share the same exact name. I have no idea how that’s possible but for us it is. “I’m just on the way home, and of course you can come and sleep over the house. I haven’t seen you in awhile as well, so might as well, teach me everything I’ve been missing out on okay? Just come down whenever you can and we’ll talk then.” I told her after asking me if she could stay over. I didn’t hesitate for a second not only because she’s my best friend but also just so I could get Oppa off my back for awhile… even for a few hours of my life.

“And you said yes because?” Oppa asked rhetorically as he takes a left for our street.

“She’s not a stranger and plus you know her very well.” I replied then we pulled to a stop. I didn’t wait for him to get out of the car; I led the way and headed straight for the house. He hurried to my side and took everything I was carrying and asked for me to open the door. I did was I was asked and opened the door; I entered as fast as I could so he can drop all the gifts onto the couch.

I was about to go upstairs to change when he called me over to his side.

“I want to change. I want to take a bath and take care of this,” I started as I point on my knee. “We’ll talk later.” I avoided but he insisted that we talk now.

I sighed in defeat and headed towards him. I sat next to him and looked straight ahead so I wouldn’t have to make eye contact with him.

“What happened to your knee? I clearly told Yoseob that if he ever let anything happen to you, I will smash his head in!” He said angrily.

“Get over it Oppa, I’m not a kid anymore. A scrape on the knee won’t hurt as bad as it used to be…

“But a broken heart will,” he cut me off. I turned my head to face him and glared at him. “Don’t go giving me that look Se-Kyung, I know how you are. I raised you, in case you’ve forgotten. And this behavior of yours is unacceptable.”

“What behavior exactly are you talking about? Is it because I finally learned the word FUN and actually experiencing it? Is that it Oppa?”

With Jiyong-Oppa, I try my best to control every single anger I have or if I’m annoyed at him I try my best to hold it in but when it comes to this matter, why am I always failing?

“Se-Kyung, could you honestly look me in the eye and say; “Don’t worry Oppa, I am not in love with him nor will I ever be.” Could you?”

I was once again defeated.

No one could knock some sense into me like Jiyong-Oppa does. He reads me like an open book that has nothing to hide. I was feeling the pressure. I didn’t even know for myself what I was actually starting to feel for Yoseob. I didn’t know if I was actually growing affections towards him; I just don’t know.

“It’s all in your head Oppa, I’m going to be fine. Soon enough this will be over and you’ll have nothing to worry about. I’ll be in a school enrolled as a teacher, getting good pay and you can finally live your life the way you want to live it, and with me out of the picture. No arguments!”

“Se, I just want the best for you. Being with an idol is not easy; take me and Chaerin for example.”

“You and Chaerin-Unnie is different from me and Yoseob. Soon enough you’ll also be an idol, you’ll be in the same level as her, isn’t that why you’re both waiting?” I pointed out, he was about to speak once again when the doorbell rang. “That’s my cue, stop worrying. I’m a big girl now!” I said before leaving to open the door.

“HI!” Se-Kyung greeted and hugging me with her knee bumping into mine.

“Ouch!” I moaned. She let go straight away and looked at me worried. “I scraped knee, long story, I’ll tell you, come on.”

. . . .

“So while I’m having a hard time copying everything we’ve learned at school, here you are my twin, sharing a kiss with Yang Yoseob.” She teased followed by a giggle.

“I know why I kissed him, I was returning his kiss but I don’t know why he kissed me.” I told her while coloring my toe nails.

“Have you ever heard of the word inevitable?”

“I’m a soon-to-be-teacher Kyung; of course I know that word.” I told her causing her to burst into laughter then her face went all serious again as she flipped over so that she could be facing the ceiling. I placed my chin on top on my un-scraped knee and stared at her.

“But you know what it means yeah?” 

“Yeah, it’s when you can’t avoid one thing into happening right?”

“Something close to that,” she teased then looked at me. “You know how you’re so in love with him; I mean he is your idol and stuff like that.”

“Yeah?”

“Honestly, don’t get angry or get upset but the truth is, you weren’t suppose to be the Se-Kyung that’s suppose to be with him.” She blurted.

“NO WAYY! DON’T TELL ME I WAS MISTAKEN TO BE YOU!” I yelled. She laughed out loud then nodded.

“Why didn’t you say anything!?” I continued.

“And do what? Replace you, Yoseob’s Princess? No way. Honestly, I don’t know how it happened but I’m supposed to be you but its okay, I wouldn’t want to be in that show anyway. And plus, I don’t think Jinwoon would be happy to see me with another guy.” She explained.

“You mean to say, we’re not meant to be?”

“No, you two are simply inevitable to begin with. Destiny brought you and him together, so just be happy with it okay?”

“Se-Kyung,”

“You’re my best friend and you needed to step out of your safety shell anyway, its fine. He’s all yours and by the way your eyes sparkle I know I made the right choice.” She said.

I felt my heart sinking.

All this time, they’ve got the wrong girl.