Family

Jang Hyunseung

fam·i·ly/ˈfam(ə)lē/

Noun: A group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.

Adjective: Designed to be suitable for children as well as adults.

JHS

“He said what?!” Hyunseung scowled into the window as the girl attempted to smother her laughing with her palm. “He didn’t. They’re putting that on TV?”

“Yup,” Gikwang said, nodding and turning around slightly in his seat to smirk at her. “He said he’d give his sister for four stars.”

“Only four?” she giggled. “Blood relatives aren’t even worth five?” The glower her boyfriend was sending towards the passing street could melt souls, and she felt a small twinge in stomach. Hyunseung was a ridiculously proud guy, she knew that for a fact, and for someone who thought so much… The twinge grew into a pang and her laugh faded out, as the other members in the front seats started to talk about the horrible, completely immoral things they would do to Gaeun, especially in that maid’s uniform. “I was kidding,” she murmured, watching his jutting shoulder blades lift through his shirt as he breathed.

He glanced at her and nodded, once, and then proceeded to sulk out the window. Hyunseung was sensitive; she’d forgotten again.

Overall, he was a good boyfriend. He definitely got the main stuff spot on; he didn’t ever ignore her and he always texted back. He brought her favorite food to the shop without being asked, he told her she was beautiful on a regular basis, and he was an awesome kisser. But she’d found out, like the other five had, that being associated long-term (because what was the point of being official without assuming?) with the gorgeous dancer required a lot of work, and possibly a degree in human communications. Because even though his emotions were easily read, it was just that. He was extremely emotional. A few wrong words set him off, or did the opposite, rather, and he sank down into a pouty mass of pretty that was just completely non-negotiable. Kind of exactly like he was now.

He reacted well to cuddling, she’d noticed, probably having something to do with the level of skinny he was, and it was never too late to try. She slid across the bench of the backseat and pulled one of his arms around her shoulders, wrapping both of hers around his slim waist. Almost instantly his posture seemed to loosen in its rigidity and his fingers dusted around the skin where her t-shirt sleeve ended. First success.

“Is she older than you?”

His dark eyes shifted to her, unreadable for once, and he shook his head. “Younger.”

“What’s her name?”

“You don’t have to-” She gave him a pouty look of her own, and he sighed. “Geurim.” She nodded as much as she could without knocking her head against his jaw, watching the cityscapes fly by out the van windows.

“Is she… you know that picture in your room? The pretty girl?” He placed his chin onto her hair and she could feel him nodding slightly.

“You’ve been snooping?” he asked, sounding vaguely interested. Success number two. And it was coupled with a genuine curiosity of hers, so it could almost count as two successes. Success two and a half.

“Just that time when you were sick… I thought that maybe she was a hot ex-girlfriend. That looked strangely like you, but I don’t know what you’re into, and-” He kissed the top of her head and squeezed her shoulders.

“You talk too much, jagiya.” She could almost see him smiling. Success three. And a half.

He was a lot of work, but he was worth every little bit of effort she put in.

“How many stars am I?”

“Shush.”

JHS

Author's Note: Cute and fluffy~ what I got from watching episode eleven of Idol Maid (which is hilarious and something every B2uty should watch). I hope this isn't bad... ugh, I'm so tired (it's 1:40 AM, and Denali has school tomorrow). You guys should know I've totes been skipping out on my homework for this. xD Nighty~