Bloom (Jeongguk's POV)

Bloom

OH GAHD ITS SO LONG :/ I'm sorry!! It just kinda happened >< LOL Nah I added a bunch of stuff into it. kekeke I didn't edit though, so excuse my mistakes. BAI NAO!

P.S. - I love it that I currently have fifteen subscribers to this cheesy fic. Makes me cry ><

<3 <3

Here have a hug ><


 

 

“S-Seoul?” Jeongguk asked his parents. “Are you serious?” He fidgeted in his chair.

“Yes. We are moving to Seoul. Tomorrow. Pack up.” Jeongguk’s father replied sternly as he wrapped up the dishes and placed them in boxes.

“No… No! I don’t want to go to Seoul! I’m happy here! I have friends here. People I know are here. In Busan.” Jeongguk said, standing from his chair suddenly.

“I’m sorry honey,” his mother cooed. “It’ll only be for a few months. As much as we would like too, we can’t bring you to the U.S. with us. It’s against company policy…” She stood and brushed his hair out of his eyes, making his face soften and his shoulders relax. “You haven’t been to visit your aunt in almost a year now. She also told me that Seokjin is really excited to see you! Don’t want to visit your cousin?”

Jeongguk sighed. “I guess… I just- I’m nervous… and I’ll miss home a lot.”

“You’ll be fine, son. I know you will,” Jeongguk’s father said, coming over to pat him on the shoulder.

I guess…

 

۞۞۞

 

“JEONGGUK!!”

Jeongguk’s eyes widened as he heard a scream and was tackled to the ground. His face was peppered with kisses. After getting over the initial shock, Jeongguk realized it was his cousin, Seokjin, who tackled him.

“GET OFF ME YOU WEIRDO!” Jeongguk yelled. Seokjin complied and stood up with a pout on his face. Jeongguk did the same. “Oh good, now I can huggle you properly hyung~”

Jin’s face brightened instantly. “I was worried you weren’t excited to see me! You little brat.” Jin ruffled Jeongguk’s hair, and the other smiled brightly up at his cousin. “Let me help you bring your things inside!”

It took the two about two hours to get Jeongguk’s luggage inside and unpacked. The younger didn’t have that much stuff, he was only going to be in Seoul for a few months anyways.

“Hyung…?” He asked Seokjin later that night, nervously playing with his food. “Do you think I will make any friends tomorrow?” Seokjin just looked at him, seeming confused.

“What are you talking about? Of course you will! Besides, you can eat lunch with my friends and I. Actually no, you have to eat with us. I want you to meet Namjoon. Probably not tomorrow though, everyone else is going out to eat tomorrow.”

Jeongguk had heard a few things about Namjoon last night, when he had called his cousin about moving. Apparently he was a rapper, with a really high IQ. He didn’t really sound like Jin’s type, in Jeongguk’s opinion.

“Jimin is from Busan as well! You guys will get along great! I’m sure of it!”

“Really?” Jeongguk asked, now feeling excited to meet someone else from Busan. “What’s he like?”

Jin smiled and started telling Jeongguk all about the sophomore.

 

۞۞۞

 

“Jeongguk get up! Let’s walk to school! The cherry blossoms are falling today! I want to take pictures!” Jin yelled through the door to Jeongguk’s room. The younger looked at the clock. 6:30? Hyung… Let me sleeeeeep~!

“MMM….Five more minutes~...” Jeongguk called, wrapping tighter in his blanket.

“Jeon Jeongguk! If you do not get your out of bed, I will break you door down and kick out of bed myself! GET UP!”

And with that, Jeongguk groaned, rolling out of bed and onto the floor. Then, he proceeded to roll over to the door, stand (somehow) and open it, showing Jin that he was indeed awake. He sluggishly got dressed and followed his cousin out into the street.

The two walked quietly for a while, stopping occasionally so that Jin could take pictures on his phone. Jeongguk was thinking about the boy Jin had told him about… Jimin.

“Hyung?” Jeongguk asked, looking up at his cousin who just looked at him, waiting for Jeongguk to continue. “Can you spot me a coffee? I think I will fall asleep in class at this rate.”

“You owe me one though, Kookie,” Jin responded, nodding. The younger nodded. “Let’s go to the convenience store just up the road from here.”

They continued walking and a little ways up the street, Jeongguk saw a box. Normally he wouldn’t have bothered to look inside it, but for some reason he had to go look. Something was drawing him to that box.

Inside were two kittens that were mostly white with light brown spots. In Jeongguk’s eyes, they looked adorable, not to mention starving and thirsty. So, when they got to the store, Jeongguk bought a can of tuna and a water bottle, and asked the cashier for some empty cups. They were used ramen cups, but Jeongguk thought it would be fine. The cups were for kittens after all.

“Hyung! I’ll be right back!” He shouted to Jin, who was waiting for their coffees while talking to someone who was wearing the same uniform as them. The other waved and went back to talking.

Jeongguk walked back to the kittens and placed the cups down inside the box. He picked up one of the kittens and placed it on his knee, scratching its ear. These kittens are so cute! I’m glad I stopped. Oh shoot! What time is it? I don’t want to be late on my first day! He leaned down to check his watch. Oh no! It’s already 7:20! Jeongguk sighed. I’m sorry to leave you, furball. He placed the kitten back in the box and went back to meet Jin at the coffee shop.

 

۞۞۞

 

When he met Jin’s friends the next day, Jeongguk was definitely intrigued. Jimin seemed quite loud and obnoxious, and honestly surprisingly awkward. Yoongi seemed quiet and irritated, but Jeongguk could tell the two had an interesting relationship. Then there was Hoseok, who was constantly on his phone, receiving texts every other minute or so. Namjoon was not at all what Jeongguk expected. But, after meeting Namjoon, Jeongguk realized the older was 100% Jin’s type.

Then there was Taehyung… something about Taehyung completely captivated Jeongguk. He seemed like the strong and silent type. It wasn’t usually what Jeongguk found himself attracted to. The other seemed quite interested in Jimin and Yoongi’s relationship as well, even while the others were poking and prodding Jeongguk, talking about how adorable he was. It made him uncomfortable really, and Jeongguk appreciated that Taehyung was focused on something else.

“Isn’t he just the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen? He looks just like a little bunny rabbit,” Jin said, taking a seat next to Namjoon and giving him a peck on the cheek. “Don’t you agree Taehyung?”

The other was still spacing out, staring at Jimin and Yoongi.

“Taehyung!” Jin called, waving his hand in front of the other’s face. The other still didn’t reply.

“He’s in alien mode, Jindda,” Yoongi said, directing his attention to Taehyung. “Yah! V!” What the heck is ‘V’?

Taehyung’s eyes widened, before narrowing into a glare. “I thought I told you not to call me that in public!” Jeongguk’s breath hitched. What a voice… I think I could just get off on his voice alone- Oh my gosh Jeongguk pull yourself together! The youngest felt his cheeks become red.

“Right. Right. It’s your alien name or whatever. You’re undercover or something. Anyways, Seokjin was trying to ask you a question,” Yoongi said, brushing the younger off. His alien name? OMG Jeongguk don’t laugh… seriously don’t! Taehyung looked back over at Jin, not saying anything.

“Don’t you agree that Jeongguk is adorable?” Jin asked. Hyung… Don’t make him answer that… Jeongguk felt his pulse rate quicken in anticipation.

“Ahh… I… well… I…” Taehyung said, looking at everyone but Jeongguk. Then the two met eyes and both blushed. “I- I have to go to the bathroom.” Taehyung got up from his seat and left the table.

His cheeks were red…

 

۞۞۞

 

   

Chorus in Room 312? Where is that… 312… 312… Ah! Here it is!

Jeongguk walked into his chorus classroom and saw him sitting in the back. The younger blushed, remembering the previous day at lunch. He thought a blushing Taehyung was quite adorable. Alright, dude, you got this! Just play it cool…

“Oh, Taehyung! You’re in this class too? I didn’t know you sing!” Okay good start! Now just keep that going, and you’ll be okay. Jeongguk noticed the other flinch and drop his pen. You scared him! Pick up his pen so he knows you mean no harm! They both bent to pick it up at the same time and their fingers brushed. Jeongguk felt butterflies explode in his stomach. Oh my gosh… What was that? He looked up at Taehyung, and, noticing the red on the other’s cheeks and the proximity of their faces, smiled. He felt his heart rate pick up as he looked over the other’s eyes.

“Your eyes…” Jeongguk said, searching over Taehyung’s eyes. “They’re really… awesome. I could just get lost in them.”

Are you stupid? Why did you just say that out loud? Quick! Change the subject before it gets too awkward.

“What made you want to dye your hair orange?” Jeongguk asked the other, sitting up in his seat and fiddling around with the other’s pen.

Taehyung sighed. “The others dared me to. The only reason I’ve kept it is because there’s a bet.”

Jeongguk gasped. Jin-Hyung gambles?  “But- But gambling’s illegal! We aren’t eighteen yet!”  Taehyung chuckled. Wow… that’s just… wow. Do it again. Please.

“We make bets about everything. You’ll get used to it. Anyways, it’s not hurting anyone amongst friends is it?”

“No, I guess not, though you did have to dye your hair,” Jeongguk said, using Taehyung’s pen to draw a small doodle in the corner of the page. It was a little heart.

I wonder… is it even possible that you were even hotter before?

 

۞۞۞

 

“Jeongguk! Wait up!” Jeongguk heard a high pitched Busan-accented voice call to him. It’s Jimin. He stopped and looked around for the older.

“Hi hyung,” Jeongguk smiled when the older skidded to a stop in front of him.

“Come with me for a minute!” Jimin pulled Jeongguk into the boys bathroom, and, after checking the stalls, propped himself up on the sink. “Okay, I have a plan to get Yoongi jealous,” Jimin started, looking excitedly at Jeongguk. Of course, the younger knew about Jimin’s feelings toward Yoongi as well as their current relationship. Jeongguk had simply asked Jimin about it and the older told him with flushed cheeks. “And that plan involves you.”

Um…what? I don’t think so.

“Don’t worry, you’ll benefit,” the older said quickly.

“How?”

“I believe…” Jimin said slyly, throwing on a mischievous grin, “that someone in our crew… likes you.”

Jeongguk’s eyes widened. He thought about it. No one in the crew had really shown much of an interest in him, as far as he knew anyway. His face became one of confusion and he looked up at Jimin to tell him who it was.

“Ah ah ah~” Jimin said, wagging his finger and pushing off the sink. “I’m not gonna tell you, Gookie~ But you will probably know soon. If he doesn’t confess by the time I get a date with Yoongi-hyung, I will tell you. No worries. Bros before… well, other bros I guess? They’re not really hoes since we both like guys… but the saying wouldn’t really make sense… Wouldn’t it have to be bros that we’re attracted to? Or something like that? I don’t really know. Ah, but that sounds so bad… Like, it doesn’t rhyme like bros before hoes, so-”

“JIMIN!” Jeongguk had been watching the other for a while, hoping the kid would stop his rant soon. The other stopped talking, instead looking at the younger with confusion. Jeongguk sighed. “What’s your plan?”

“Okay! So first…” Jimin launched into the explanation of his plan, that same mischievous smile returning to his face.

 

۞۞۞

 

Jeongguk’s hands shook with nervousness as he entered the cafeteria. Jimin… I hope you’re right about this. He approached the lunch table trying to appear as confident as possible. His eyes met Jimin’s.

“Gookie~” Jimin called, pulling Jeongguk into his lap. The younger somehow managed to successfully stifle his squeal, but narrowed his eyes at Jimin before plastering a smile on and looking around the table. Jeongguk noticed Yoongi was stabbing furiously at his salad, and looked back at Jimin with a smile. Jimin! It worked! Look how jealous he is!

Jeongguk was extremely happy with the results, and in Jeongguk’s eyes, Jimin looked the same. But Jeongguk wasn’t expecting such a reaction from Taehyung, and it wiped the smile off his face.

“Gook, aren’t you hungry? Want to come with me to get food?” Taehyung asked Jeongguk, his eyes narrowed at Jimin. It was barely noticeable, a miniscule difference from his normal expression, but Jeongguk saw it. Jeongguk was about to agree and hop off Jimin’s lap, when he saw a spoon shoved in front of his face.

“Gookie~ Ahh~” Jimin said cutely. Maybe he’s still trying to make Yoongi jealous… Jeongguk didn’t want to ignore Jimin while he was still trying to carry out his plan, so he tried to send Taehyung the most apologetic look he could before eating off the spoon Jimin was holding. The other simply narrowed his eyes at Jimin and left the table.

I kinda wish you were feeding me though…

Wait… What?

 

۞۞۞

 

“Hyungs… can I ask you something?” Jeongguk said, looking over at Namjoon and Jin who were cuddling on the couch while the three of them watched a movie. Thank god they’re just cuddling.

“Of course Jeongguk,” Jin replied sweetly.

“As long as you hand over ten bucks,” Namjoon joked around. Jeongguk stopped for a minute and stared at the two, wondering if Namjoon was serious or not.

“Yah!” Jin exclaimed, lightly slapping his boyfriend’s shoulder before returning his attention to Jeongguk. “He’s kidding Gookie. What did you want to ask us?”

“Well… I think I like someone,” Jeongguk said nervously. Jin almost jumped out of his seat with excitement and even Namjoon seemed interested. “But I don’t really know what to do…”

“Don’t worry Gookie, your hyungs will help you,” Jin replied, a big smile on his face.

“But who is it that you like?” Namjoon asked, leaning forward with an eyebrow raised. “I mean it’s hard to help you out if we don’t know that person’s personality.”

“Yeah who is it?” Jin asked. Jeongguk didn’t answer immediately, so Jin simply started guessing names. “It’s not Hoseok is it? You know he has a girlfriend right?”

Jeongguk nodded. “Not him.”

“So… is it Yoongi? He is very charismatic after all. He writes songs and raps, and he can actually be pretty nice and-” Namjoon guessed.

“It’s not him either,” Jeongguk responded, thinking of Jimin’s huge crush on the older.

“Well then,” Jin said, sitting up and leaning back into the couch, “who is it?”

“It’s… Taehyung,” Jeongguk responded. I hope you guys can actually help me…

 

۞۞۞

 

“Hyung, I told you! First, you have to quarantine the victims and then administer a vaccine,” Jeongguk said while packing up his school bag. They walked down the hallway while continuing their argument.

“Jeongguk! That will take way too long. I don’t see why you have to go through all the time and effort to make a vaccine, round-up the sickies, and then administer the vaccine all while trying to prevent the disease from spreading. Why can’t we just call down the martians and ask them for their words of wisdom?”

“Hyung, you’re the only one who can contact them! What if you get sick too? Then what are we supposed to do? How are we- how am I-”

“Gookie~” Jimin called, interrupting what I was about to say. Jeongguk thought back to what Jin and Namjoon said the previous day.

Try to make him jealous, huh? I wonder if that would even work… Well, don’t knock it till you try it, right?

“Oh, Jimin! I missed you~” Jeongguk said, trying to sound as cutesy as possible. He went over to hug Jimin, as well as explain the situation to him. “Operation: Make Taehyung Jealous is a go,” he whispered so that only Jimin could hear. The other smirked.

“When did you two become this close?” Taehyung said. Jeongguk jumped away from Jimin and looked back at Taehyung, who had a scowl on his face, though it looked as if he was making some attempt to hide it.

“Eheh… well, we just kind of clicked since we’re both from Busan and we both like singing and dancing and stuff you know…” Jeongguk rambled out. Was that too much?

Jimin possessively wrapped an arm around Jeongguk’s shoulder. “Got a problem with it?”

Wow… definitely too much. Taehyung looks pissed.

Jeongguk felt a tug on his wrist as Jimin led him out of the school.

“That was easier than I expected,” Jimin said.

No …

 

۞۞۞

 

Jeongguk was feeling pretty proud of himself at lunch that day. Taehyung looked pretty jealous when the two arrived at their normal table. Jeongguk had been extra sure to seem lovey-dovey with Jimin throughout the morning, and it was clearly having a strong affect. Jeongguk still wasn’t quite sure if the jealousy was because Taehyung liked him or if it was just because the older wanted to make a new friend, so he kept up the act.

At lunch that day, Jimin and Jeongguk were trying to keep up their act. They held hands under the table and fed each other. Jeongguk shared a look with Jimin, trying to signal, Wow, how’s this even possible? It’s working so well, through his eyes.

“Jeon Jeongguk,” Taehyung said, and the youngest looked over at him with a huge eye-smile. “The council of cloven elders is calling you to trial.” Oookaayyy… that’s a new one. Jeongguk looked around the table for help from his hyungs, and surprisingly it was Yoongi who came to his rescue.

“V wants to talk to you, Gookie. Alone,” Yoongi said with a smirk that honestly creeped Jeongguk out.

V scowled and threw a French fry at Yoongi, once again complaining about the use of his alien name in public. Meanwhile, Jeongguk shared another look with Jimin.

“What do you think he wants to talk about?” Jeongguk whispered. The other shrugged, causing Jeongguk to sigh. “Well, maybe you should use this time to talk to Yoongi.” He pulled his hand out from Jimin’s. “Okay! Taehyung, where should we go?” He latched onto Taehyung’s arm and the other shot up from his seat.

“Follow me,” he said cooly. Wow… he is so cool when he’s jealous… maybe I should try this more often.

Before they fully exited the cafeteria, Jeongguk looked back at their lunch table. He caught sight of Jin and Namjoon’s shocked faces, Hoseok staring at his phone, and Yoongi and Jimin with their lips locked. Thank god it’s all over now…

Taehyung and Jeongguk found themselves outside, sitting on a bench.

“Are you and Jimin dating?” Taehyung asked. Okay, at least you looked like a couple. I mean that’s kind of what you were going for right? But no matter, you’re not a couple, so tell him that.

“No! Why would you think that? Ew. Jimin feels more like a brother to me,” Jeongguk replied, making sure to show he was not interested in Jimin.

Suddenly, Jeongguk felt something soft and warm on his cheek. It sent a small shock through his body. Did… Did he just… kiss me? Oh my gosh! I think he just kissed me! He must really like me back!

“Taehyung…” Jeongguk started, his voice shaking slightly as he reached up to touch the spot the elder had kissed. “Do you… do you like me?” Better safe than sorry, right?

Jeongguk looked over at Taehyung, who was looking away, trying to hide his red cheeks, but Jeongguk saw them. Wow… how cute… Jeongguk was admiring the Taehyung’s cuteness when he saw it. That small, barely noticeable nod. The nod that sent shivers throughout his body and brought a smile to his face.

He leaned over and back-hugged Taehyung, wrapping his arms around the older’s shoulders. His heart is beating so fast… though mine is too.

“I like you too,” Jeongguk said, leaning over and giving the other a peck on the cheek.

 

۞۞۞

 

“See! I told you it would be a week!” Yoongi exclaimed, collecting the stack of money on the lunch table. Jimin was now sitting in Yoongi’s lap. “I don’t think you should pretend to like someone just to win a bet though, Minnie.”

“But I want to go on a date with you, Yoongi,” Jimin replied, acting like his cute self.

“And you think I’m gonna use my winnings to do that?”

“But I helped! You should treat me to something!”

“Maybe.”

“Yoongi~~!” Jimin tried acting cute again. And everyone chuckled.

“Maybe we should go on a date too,” Jeongguk said quietly to Taehyung.

“Want me to walk you home today?” Taehyung said at the same time.

They both laughed quietly and connected their foreheads.

“Throw in an ice cream and I’d call it a date. It’s a win-win,” Jeongguk said.

“It’s a win-win regardless, silly,” Taehyung replied. “Either way we get to spend time together.”

“Ew! You’re so cheesy over there!” Jin and Namjoon both threw a couple fries at the new couples.

They started bickering about something. Jeongguk wasn’t really listening. He was completely focused on Taehyung. The older was so perfect in Jeongguk’s eyes. The youngest really didn’t want this moment to end.

“I’ll meet you at you locker after school,” Taehyung said, popping a French fry into his mouth. Jeongguk just smiled. Absolutely.

 

۞۞۞

 

“Well, here’s my stop,” Jeongguk said, stopping in front of his cousin’s house.

“You live with Jin?” Taehyung asked, raising an eyebrow at the house.

“He’s my cousin,” Jeongguk replied, and he noticed how Taehyung visibly relaxed.

“I was worried I was gonna have to smack a for a second there.”

Jeongguk giggled. “You should get home before it gets too dark.”

Taehyung nodded, swinging the younger’s hands back and forth, the smile on his face fading slowly, until he was simply looking up at the sky, which had become orange and pink from the sunset.

“Taehyung? Is everything okay?” Jeongguk asked, looking at his boyfriend with worry.

The other looked back at him, right into his eyes and smiled, pulling the younger into a sweet kiss that tasted like the strawberry ice cream they had just eaten.

 

 

۞۞۞

 

Jeongguk plopped himself on the couch, letting out a sigh. He smiled, thinking of that day’s events. This is better than I expected it would be.

He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket and pulled it out. It was his mom, so he answered excitedly.

“Hey honey! How’s everything going? Your father and I both miss you, and we have some important news for you,” his mother said over the phone.

“I’m doing really well, though I miss you guys too! Actually, I have some important news to share as well!” Jeongguk replied, sitting up excitedly. “You go first, mom!”

“Well, your father and I have actually been offered a grant to continue our studies over here for the next few years,” his mother said. “So, you will have to come live with us. Unless you wouldn’t mind living with your cousin until you graduate…”

“Actually mom,” Jeongguk said, smiling a bright smile, “I think living here won’t be so bad after all. The cherry blossoms have just bloomed… amongst other things.” Jeongguk let out a light sigh and closed his eyes, the strawberry-flavored kiss replaying in his mind.