Prologue

When Dusk Rises

Death never settled well with him but that didn’t mean he let the thought skitter around his curiosity. He preferred to die without pain, without worry. Not on a hospital bed with only medical equipment keeping him alive, not writhing in the middle of the road sporting a bleeding gunshot wound. He’s not eating healthy only to die of sickness, thank you very much.

Everything just seems too fantastical to believe lately. The situation he finds herself in is taking its sweet time sinking in his mind. He doesn’t feel the usual pounding heart and the perspiration hyper drive normal people feel in the face of danger. Instead, he just stared, unable to move, unable to breathe, looking for something… something in those bright red eyes that stared right back at him.

Had Forks taken away his senses and feelings? Or did that Chanyeol them out of his system while he was asleep? Just how many times did he tell him he watch him sleep? That creepy stalker, always speaking about vampires and glittering fairy princesses like it was all normal, then taking him out to play exaggerated baseball he knows full well he couldn’t participate.

But he wasn’t just a creepy stalker; he was his creepy stalker.

He saw the eyes brighten more as the owner smiled a wide evil smile.

Wait a minute – did he just call Chanyeol his? God in Heaven, please take him now.

But he returned the smile with his own vampire grin.