A Little Too Late

A Little Too Late

"I really don't want to go to school oppa." You slightly pouted, crossing your arms in a childish manner. "Can't we just skip it today and go out somewhere?"

He chuckled at your aegyo and shook his head. "No ______."

"Meany..." You sighed and pulled the straps of your backpack over your shoulder. "Fine then, let's go." You didn't hear a reply and turned around, one eyebrow raised. "Oppa?"

"Hey ______..." You heard him say. You noticed a hint of nervousness in his voice. "Do you think she likes me?" You gave him a questioning glance. "You know her...the one I always talk about." He paused for a second. "Would she...date me?"

You eyes widened. "You actually like like her?" He nodded and you felt a twinge of jealousy creep inside, but ignored it and shrugged. "Who knows. Just ask her out." You knew your voice sounded a little harsher than you expected, but you couldn't help it, especially since all he cared about was her.

He looked at you curiously. "Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine." You forced a smile in his direction before heading to the front door. "Let's go."

xxXxx

You both split up and went to your own homerooms. As soon as you entered the classroom, you felt yourself bump into someone. You frowned and pushed the person away. "Can you watch it?"

"Oh, sorry ______!"

Your eyes widened as you recognised that voice and you looked up to make sure. Yep, you were right. "Oh, it's you."

Baekhyun didn't look happy at your response but netherless grinned. "Hey~ What's with you this morning?"

"Nothing." You shoved past him, knocking your shoulder into his, and walked over to your desk. You threw your bag down onto the ground, not caring if anything broke. You felt like crap. You couldn't get your mind to erase what he said on the way to school.

"I'm gonna ask her out." He suddenly announced. You stopped walking and stared at his back as he kept walking, eyes wide. Once he seemed to notice you weren't next to him, he turned around and looked at you in confusion. "______?"

"I-i..." You were speechless. You heart felt like it had been sliced through. You felt your hand start to slightly tremble and hid it behind you back so he wouldn't notice. Ignoring the sudden heavy pain weighing down in your chest, you gulped and faked a smile. "I hope she accepts."

He looked shocked at your reply and blushed. "T-thanks. I hope so too."

You snapped out of your thoughts as you felt someone wipe your cheeks. You looked up and saw Taehyung sitting on the desk in front of you with his hand cupping your cheek, looking panicky. "Are you alright ______? You're crying!"

"W-what?" You touched your cheeks and felt that they were wet. He was right. You were crying. You sniffed and gently pushed his hand off you cheek, and quickly wiped your tears away with the sleeve of your jumper. "I'm fine." He didn't look convinced at your answer, and you didn't blame him. You wouldn't have believed yourself. Knowing that you were going to have to explain no matter what you tried to do, you stared down blankly at your desk. "He's going to ask her out."

"______..." Taehyun knew exactly who you meant, and frowed at this. "Why didn't you tell him before?"

You stayed silent for a minute It wasn't easy to tell him. He always kept talking about his crush in front of you, and you would have to pretend that you were happy for him. Your smile was never the same after you found out that he was never going to return your feelings. It was like someone painted it on your face. "I...I didn't want to break the friendship between us."