Baking With Mama

Baking With Mama

Sehun wakes up at the sound of rooster clucking. He sits on his bed and reaches the rooster-shaped alarm clock on the side table and turn it off. He smiles as he remembers why he asked his Mama to set the alarm clock last night. It is his birthday today and his Mama promised him that they will bake his birthday cake together.

He climbs down from his bed and walks toward the other side of the bedroom where Zitao is still sleeping soundly. He pulls Zitao's blanket that was covering his whole body. "Tao, wake up! It's my birthday today! Let's make cake!" He shakes Zitao's body to wake him up.

"Hm... okay... I wake up..."

Sehun smiles as he sees Zitao nods. "You wake up, okay? I'm going to wake Mama and Papa now." He walks to the door and exits the bedroom that he shares with Zitao.

He stands in front of his Papa and Mama's room, hand reaching for the doorknob but then he remembers what his Mama told him, that he should knock before entering someone else's room. He nods as he reassures himself that he is going to enter his Papa and Mama room so he knocks on the door three times before opening the door. "Mama, are you wake up yet?"

Sehun sees his Papa and Mama that are still lying on the bed with blanket covering them and walks to it, standing at the side where his Mama is sleeping. "Mama." He sees his Mama opens up his eyes and smiling at him. "Good morning, Mama!"

"Good morning, baby."

He stares at his Mama that is still looking sleepy. His Mama is so pretty even when just woke up from his sleep. "Mama, it is my birthday today!" He sees his Mama nods while still lying on his side.

"I know, baby. Happy birthday, Sehun."

He smiles as he pulls his Mama's hand. "Let's go bake my birthday cake, Mama!"

"Okay, baby."

Sehun waits as his Mama gets up and frowns when his Mama sits on the bed. "Mama."

"Hm?"

"Are you not cold?" Sehun sees his Mama tilts his head to the side while looking at him.

"Why are you asking that?"

He points at his Mama body. "You are not wearing your pjs." He watches as his Mama looking down at his own body that only the lower half is being covered by the blanket before facing him and smiling.

"I have Papa hugging me, keeping me warm."

Sehun glances over at his Papa and notices his Papa's hand is hugging his Mama's waist even though his Mama is sitting right now. "But, Papa is not wearing his pjs too." He hears his Mama chuckles.

"Papa has me and I hug him so that he won't feel cold."

Sehun nods understand. "Like when you hug me after shower?" He sees his Mama nods as an answer at his question.

"My baby is so smart."

Sehun smiles at the compliment. He grabs his Mama's hand and tugs it gently. "Mama, let's go bake my cake!" He lets his Mama kisses his head before he nods.

"Baby, can you get my pjs, please?"

Sehun turns to look at the direction pointed by his Mama. He sees a white pjs on the carpeted floor of the bedroom and walks toward it, picks it up and hands it to his Mama. He watches as his Mama putting on the pjs. "Mama, hurry up!"

"Coming, baby."

Sehun walks to the door, waiting for his Mama. He sees his Mama kissing his Papa before climbing down from the bed. He chuckles when his Mama walking toward him.

"What is so funny, baby?"

Sehun points at his Mama's hands. "You don't have hands!" He chuckles some more. "You have become smaller!" He sees his Mama chuckling too while checking his hands.

"It looks like I have."

Sehun grabs his Mama's hand and they walk out of the bedroom hand in hand, climbing down the stairs carefully. They arrive at the kitchen and Sehun tugs his Mama's hand. "Mama."

"Yes, baby?"

"Are we really going to bake my birthday cake?" Sehun sees his Mama nods.

"Of course, baby."

"Will it be delicious like yours and Tao's?"

"No."

Sehun's eyes widen at his Mama's answer. He looks at his Mama with tears threatening to spill. "N... no?" He sees his Mama squats down so that they are level with each other.

"I have you helping me so the cake will be much more delicious."

Sehun beams and smiles at his Mama's words, quickly wiping his tears away. "Really?"

"Of course."

He follows his Mama and takes the big bowl that his Mama gave him.

"Go and put the bowl on the table, okay? I will bring other stuffs so we can start making your cake."

Sehun nods and walks to the dinner table, putting the big bowl on it before climbing the chair, waiting for his Mama. His eyes sparkle when he sees his Mama has a bowl of strawberries in his hands. "Strawberries!"

"Could you take the strawberries, baby?"

"Okay, Mama." Sehun helps his Mama and put the bowl of strawberries beside the big bowl. "Is my cake going to have strawberries in it, Mama?" He sees his Mama nods.

"I told Papa to buy them yesterday. I know how much you love strawberries."

Sehun nods as he takes one strawberry and put it inside his mouth. He starts chewing it while stretching his tiny arms. "I love strawberry this much!"

"Don't talk with your mouth full, baby."

Sehun covers his mouth and nods. He watches as his Mama mixes the sugar and butter together. He takes another strawberry and pops it into his mouth, eyes still fixed at his Mama that is cracking a few eggs into a bowl.

"Here. I want you to mix this while I put in the eggs. Can you do that?"

Sehun eagerly nods as he takes the whisk handed by his Mama. "I can!" He starts whisking the batter and watches as one egg after another is being mixed together.

"I'm going to in the flour now so don't mix to fast, okay?"

Sehun looks up at his Mama and frowns. "Why?"

"Because then my handsome baby will be covered by it and not handsome anymore."

Sehun smiles as his Mama pokes his nose. He mixes the batter slowly until all the flour is gone. He sees his Mama pouring some milk into the big bowl. "Mama."

"Hm?"

"Put in chocolate milk too!" Sehun meets with his Mama's eyes.

"Oh? I never thought of that."

Sehun smiles as his Mama stares at him.

"Do you want to do that?"

Sehun nods and watches his Mama opens the frigde, taking out the chocolate milk and strawberry milk from it and put it on the dinner table. He stares at the glass of chocolate milk his Mama has poured for him.

"How about we put in the strawberry milk in the cake and you can drink the chocolate milk, hm?"

Sehun nods quickly and grabs the chocolate milk, drinking it in one-shot and smiling at his Mama that is finishing making the batter.

"Do you want the spatula?"

"I want!" Sehun grabs the batter-covered spatula and starts eating the cake batter from it. It is delicious and it is tastes like strawberry. He watches his Mama pours the cake batter into a bear-shaped pan. "Is the cake finish now?"

"Almost. We just need to bake it and it is done."

"Yeay! My birthday cake!" Sehun lifts his hands and cheers as his Mama put the cake pan in the oven. He scrunches his face as his Mama wipes the cake batter off his face with a wet tissue.

"Are you eating the batter or the batter is eating you?"

Sehun giggles as his Mama tickles his tummy. He lets his Mama picks him up and carries him.

"Let's go shower first while waiting for the cake to bake."

"Then we can decorate the cake!" Sehun sees his Mama nods.

"With lots of strawberries."

"And Oreos!"

"And Oreos."

Sehun raises his hands as his Mama takes off his pjs and watches as his Mama takes off his big pjs too. "Are you going to shower with me, Mama?"

"Can I? Papa promised to shower with me but he didn't wake up yet."

He nods eagerly. "You can! I want to shower with you too!"

"Thank you, baby."

Sehun closes his eyes as his Mama washes his hair with his favorite strawberry shampoo. He frowns as some of the shampoo went into his eyes but he didn't make any sound.

"Oh! My Sehun is a big boy now. I'm so proud."

Sehun smiles with his eyes is still closed. "I am a big boy! Today is my birthday!" He holds his breath as his Mama rinses the shampoo on his hair. He opens his eyes and sees his Mama smiling at him. "Mama." He tugs his Mama's hand.

"Yes, baby?"

"I want to shampoo you hair too!" Sehun holds his strawberry shampoo in his hand.

"Okay, baby."

He pours some shampoo on his hands before rubs it on his Mama's hair. "Mama."

"Hm?"

"Your hair is so soft." Sehun hears his Mama giggles. "Can I have red hair like yours too?"

"Of course, baby but when you are older, okay? I will let you have rainbow hair too so wait until you all grown up."

"Okay, Mama." He rinses off the shampoo and couldn't stop blinking as he stares at his Mama. "Mama, you are so pretty." He sees his Mama smiling at him.

"Thank you, baby."

"Papa said you become an angel with your red hair." Sehun sees his Mama looking at him with wide eyes.

"Oh? Papa never said that to me."

"He said it is a secret." He sees his Mama laughing.

"Is that so?"

Sehun nods as he lets his Mama washes his body and waits for his Mama to wash himself. He takes the towel that his Mama gave him and dries himself off. He exits the bathroom to his bedroom.

"Don't run, baby. It's slippery."

"Okay, Mama." Sehun opens his bedroom door and sees Zitao is still sleeping. He walks to Zitao and shakes him. "Tao, wake up! We are going to decorate my birthday cake! Wake up!"

"Hm... okay... I wake up..."

"No!" Sehun pulls Zitao's arm so that he is sitting on his bed. "You wake up now! I want to eat my cake with everyone!"

"Okay, okay."

He nods when he sees Zitao stretching his arms. He lefts Zitao and opens his wardrobe, takes out his new clothes that his Mama bought for him and wears it. He smiles as he sees himself in the mirror. "I am handsome today!" He turns to Zitao and pulls his hand. "Let's go eat my cake!"

"Hm..."

Sehun climbs down the stairs with Zitao following behind him and goes straight to the kitchen and sees his Papa and Mama already sitting at the dinner table. "Papa!" He runs to his Papa and let him carries him.

"Happy birthday, baby."

Sehun smiles as his Papa kisses his cheek. "Are you going to decorate my cake too?" He sees his Papa nods.

"Mama said you guys bake cake together. I want to taste my Sehun's cake."

"We did!" Sehun looks at his Mama that is pouring a glass of chocolate milk to Zitao. "I shower with Mama too because you not wake up yet!"

"Oh? I want to shower with Mama too!"

"You shower with Papa because Papa didn't shower with Mama like he promised." Sehun looks at Zitao that is staring at their Mama.

"Next time, okay? Now, let's celebrate Sehun's birthday."

"Yeay! My birthday!" Sehun smiles as his Papa kisses him.

"Happy birthday, baby."

He smiles bigger when his Mama kisses him.

"Happy birthday, my Sehun."

He looks at Zitao that already takes a bit of his undecorated birthday cake. "Tao! You ate my cake!"

"Happy birthday."