|Words|

|Words|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t you think the word “love” tends to lose its meaning if it’s constantly repeated?”

In life there are meaningful words that have the ability to form a smile on your face, to make you happy and blissful. However there are useless words that tend to make you disappointed (seeing that they get your hopes up for nothing what so ever, it would have been better if the person hadn’t said them in the first place, after all, why give hope if you’re aiming to snatch it in the first place?) and hurtful words (that can be both true and untrue) but their destructive impact is still the same (It’s especially painful if a person you truly care about spoke such harsh words, to them it may seem as nothing but to us it feels as if a knife just pierced our soul).

You know the famous expression “Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me”?

That’s not entirely true you see, since they do, they do hurt. (Some just manage to hide it better than others).  It also becomes a serious problem if people start believing the words of others, as in, they start to believe the rumors they spread about them (finding it hopeless to dismiss them, to deny them, to say that they are in no way true, since why should you explain when nobody cares to listen to what you have to say?), they start to identify themselves to the image the others created for them, forgetting their true selves.

It’s ironic how words have such an influence on people, isn’t it?

(Buying every single thing others say can (and will) lead to your destruction).

“I love you”

Those words rolled off his tongue so effortlessly. Figures he always says them when he knows he’s in the wrong (as a way for her to forgive him and come back crawling into his embrace) or when he simply wants to put an end to a heated argument (he was the main cause of, as usual) knowing fairly well how his sweet words can render her into a wobbling mess beneath his feet. After all, Myungsoo had always had a way with words (he was what people would call a “charismatic speaker”) and she, being so measly swayed by his sugarcoated words made her even more pitiful than she already was.

The young man gently wiped away her tears, leaving butterfly kisses on every ounce of her face, whispering repeatedly those three magical words (she grew to love and hate). See, she caught him cheating for the umpteenth time (she grew tired of counting), usually she would shrug it off, pretending as if she didn’t see anything, as if she didn’t notice the lipstick stains on his shirt nor the sweet perfume that would linger on his body,  turning a blind eye she would welcome him with a smile (why? She simply got sick of their fights and deep down within her she knew that every argument would be futile since he would always seem to catch her by surprise, luring her even more into the web of lies he skillfully sewed, trapping her into his sick game. The fact that she loved him wasn’t of help, the fact that she was afraid of losing him made her cling onto him even more) but tonight was different.

She couldn’t keep on pretending that everything was fine (when it clearly wasn’t). That she was okay (when she clearly wasn’t), that her heart still remained intact (when it clearly was shattered into millions of pieces), she came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter