December 22nd 2013

Feelings on Paper.

A Christmas party at Sunny's with my circle of friends, that were also Tiffany's friends, occupied my weekend. The chance of getting to see her made me a tad nervous and excited.

 

It's been three weeks since we last talked. I wanted to make an impression to her that I am okay but not too okay. My conflicting feelings were slowly brewing inside of me.

 

I did not want to make any of my other friends uncomfortable with the tension between her and I, so I settled with nursing a bottle of beer alone by the kitchen island as I watched Tiffany talk animatedly with them.

 

Later on, a champagne was popped open, glasses of it being distributed among the group. Tiffany was the one who passed me my share.

 

I whispered quietly, "Thank you."

 

What I really wanted to say was "How are you?" or even just a "Hey."

 

But I settled with a distant "Thank you."

 

The night ended with everyone bidding farewell to one another, wishing each other to have a good holiday. As I put on my shoes, I looked up to the shadow overcasting me. Tiffany was strapping on her heels. We made eye contact. Perhaps we shared a "Goodnight." or "I miss you." with that. I was not quite sure. So I kept quiet and made my way home.