I

Star-crossed

I woke up, stretched out my arms and yawned. I happily smiled because today is our free day and free day means date with the most beautiful leader of all girl groups. Kim Taeyeon. I picked up my phone and sent her a good morning text.

“Wipe that dumb smile of yours or I’ll slap you.”Chanyeol warned.

“Will you not kill my happiness every time I’m going to have a date with—“

“Yes. Kim Taeyeon sunbae. Doesn’t it bother you that she’s a noona?” He crossed his arm and raised his eyebrows like a lady.

“No, it doesn’t. Now, run along because there is nothing you can do to make me fall out of love of Taeyeon.” I pushed him out of the room and slammed the door.

“YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NO SLAMMING OF DOORS?!” I heard Junmyeon hyung screeched.

I didn’t mind him and called my lovely baby.

“Good morning, dear. I’m guessing you’re free today, huh?” She greeted.

“Yeaah. Are you free too?” I bit my lip in nervousness.

“What time do we got out?”  As soon as I heard those words, I jumped and pumped my fist.

“You must be jumping like a kid.” She laughed.

“So where do we meet?” I asked her.

“I’m at SM main building right now.”

“At 8 in the morning? You must be tired. Let’s just meet this afternoon so you can rest.”

“No, I want to have breakfast with you.”  She insisted.

“But, noona, you must be tired.” I sighed.

“I want to see you, Baekhyun.” She started pleading.

“Not this time, Taeyeon, health comes first.” Be strong, Baekhyun. I repeated in my mind.

“I miss you, Baekhyun…” She trailed.

There it is. My body slowly slid down behind the door. Those three magical words she always say that make me give up my stand.

“I’ll be there in a minutes.” I sighed in my defeat.

“I’ll be waiting!” She sounded excited.

“Now you must be jumping like a kid.” I smiled. I hung up, grabbed a towel and headed to the shower. When I opened the door, two giants fell.

The two of them immediately stood up and cleared their throats.

“I’m guessing you’re not going to have breakfast with us.” Chanyeol rubbed his nape.

“Don’t tell me you guys are jealous?” Even though I was kidding, my serious face remained.

“GUYS! BREAKFAST!” Right when Kyungsoo yelled, the two ran from my sight so I proceeded to the shower.

~

After a few minutes in the shower, I randomly picked a white shirt and jeans then wore a cap. When I was about to go out of the dorm, manager hyung blocked the door. What noooow

“Where do you think you’re going?” He crossed his arms.

“A date with Taeyeon. Can you not, hyung? Not today please.” I sighed.

“So she said ‘I miss you’”

“What do you waaaant?” I whined. My girl is waiting, move your man.

“Too dangerous. You guys do know you can’t be going out that much, right? Specially that both of you are in the same entertainment. Let’s say Taeyeon can date just like her members but you? No. You’re not yet on the top of the game to date.” Manager hyung lectured.

“Not on top of the game? We’re SUPERSTARS. We’re probably the greatest group of the century.”

“Hate to break it to you, but no you’re not. Since you people are still rookies, there are still many things you’ll have to overcome before you’re on top.”

“Let’s talk about this when I get home, ok hyung?” I reached for the doorknob.

“Are you seriously going to risk your reputation to that girl?!” He yelled.

“SHE’S KIM TAEYEON FOR PETE’S SAKE AND MY REPUTATION WILL NOT BE RUINED!”  I yelled back.

Then suddenly Chanyeol and Kris appeared and grabbed manager’s arms. Tao and Sehun grabbed his legs. My eyes widened just like Kyungsoo.

“RUN FOR IT, YOU BASTARD.” The four of them screamed and I immediately went out of the door and yeah ran for it.

~

Before going out of the taxi, I looked if there were fans around SM since the car stopped a couple of blocks away from the building just to be sure. As soon as I was convinced there were no fans, I ran and carefully held the bouquet I bought for my girl.

My phone suddenly rang so I stopped and hid somewhere.

It was a message from Taeyeon.

“Let’s just meet in the afternoon, now’s not really a good time. I’m so sorry dear.”

I sighed and decided to just practice since I’m already near the building. As I came closer, I recognized the face of the person who was being crowded. It was Taeyeon.

I frowned. Fans before me, huh? What was I thinking? Your fans are your everything, just of course.

I turned around quietly so that fans would not notice me. I saw a trashcan nearby and threw the bouquet. I’ll just buy again later, if there’s later.

~