Chapter 1: Sweet Lips, Bitter Taste

Come Back Home

The taste of something so sweet, so sickly sweet, lingered upon her lips. The words were so tantalising it would have been easy to let them slip into the throngs of people thriving below the stage. The words would be like poison; she knew this. Like a green gas floating upon the senseless screaming mouths below her, ready to swallow and cheer onwards. Yet, every fibre of her being burst to ruthlessly unleash them.

Hold her tongue and the priceless opportunity would indeed be in ruins; a heap of rubbish steaming it's stench into her nostrils. Worst of all, he would be unsalvageable. Gone into digital bliss and then oblivion. 

Release them and she'd be in. She could save him. Though it meant a grave betrayal which would have, once upon a time, rocked her to the core... had it not been for him.

The microphone was quivering ever so slightly in her hand, as the blazing lights exposed every portion of her being to the thousands. Right down to the droplets of sweat slowly carving a path down her face, tracking a sleek line behind, as she collected the device embedded within the stage and brought it over her ears. 

She could feel the eyes from beside her searching her intensely. Hurried whispers came from beside her. 

"What are you doing NaChae?!" 

"Leave it! You know the directions!"

"This isn't the plan!"

I'm sorry. My choice has been stolen by him.

The MR had faded and she drew a deep breathe, echoing around the arena, the one she would use to seal everything.

"I humbly invite you to visit the Virtual World with us for a special, once only, extended concert; right here, right now!"

Screeching and sobbing of joy arose from the darkness in front as a wide smile displayed on her lips. Only she knew the sickly sweet bitterness attached to it. 

"Will we see you there?!" 

Coupled with the echo of her last word, the lights shut down with an immediacy she was expecting, submitting everyone to darkness with the exception of the twinkling blackjack lights and the devices which had already been activated. 

It was up all up to her now. 

"Nolja!"