Only One

Just A Little Story of My OTP

MyungYeol ~Sungyeol & Myungsoo~, romance/angst

 


~'_'~

 

"Will you be my boyfriend?" said a tall man before knelt down in front of a young man with a pale face and held his hand.

The young man nodded with his reddened face. "Don't make me embarassed" he stated, forcing the tall man to stand on his feet.

Sungyeol, the tall man's name hugged the young man who finally become his.

"Thank you, Myungsoo" he said and then released Myungsoo before cupped his lover's face and closed the distance between their faces.

"I love you"

.

.

.

.

Day after day they spent together, they sometimes engaged into a fight but immediately ended it no long after. Month after month passed, Sungyeol's attitude towards Myungsoo started to change. The said man started to ignore Myungsoo and it's hard for him to meet Sungyeol. The handsome man realised it and just stay quiet.

They were in a cafe to celebrate a year of their relationship and Myungsoo mustered up his courage to ask why Sungyeol began to change.

"Is there anything that makes you feel bored with me?"

Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo before answered his questions with a cold tone. "Nothing."

Myungsoo was trying to believe. He really wanted to believe Sungyeol's words.

 

~'_'~

Myungsoo was taking a walk in a park when he saw someone he knew so well was walking side by side with a woman.

"It's Sungyeol-hyung right? Who's that woman?"

Myungsoo were curious and then tried to call Sungyeol, asking his whereabout.

"I'm at Sunggyu's house. You know that Sunggyu-hyung just moved today, right? He asked me to help him to arrange his stuffs." Sungyeol's answer made Myungsoo smile bitterly.

"Ah, I forgot about that.Then... sorry to bother you, hyung"

"What's wrong?" Sungyeol asked with a slight worry tone.

"No, it's nothing"

"Oh, okay. I'll come to your house when I finished" he stated before hung up.

Myungsoo laughed quietly. "At least he's still worrying about me"

He stared at them for some time before decided to walk home.

"You two look great together"

.

.

.

.
Myungsoo was preparing a surprise for Sungyeol's birthday that was today, and once finished, he tried calling Sungyeol but the latter never answer. He tried more than 20 times to call his lover before choose to send a text message.

Sungyeol-hyung, I'm waiting for you in the park where you first confessed to me. If you're already on the way, call me, okay?


Myungsoo waited for hours while continuously rubbing his palms, trying to warm himself in the middle of the cold weather. Myungsoo still believe that Sungyeol will come.

 

In the other place, Sungyeol was having a dinner with his female lover when he finally looked at his phone and saw Myungsoo's message before respond to it.

I'm sorry but I couldn't come. I still have ton of works to do in the office.

 

When tomorrow comes, Sungyeol intended to visit Myungsoo in his house because since yesterday night he didn't answer his text and phone call. He stood confusely in front of Myungsoo's house door when his lover's mother greeted him, she didn't smile at all when she told Sungyeol to come to Myungsoo's room. Sungyeol walked quietly with Myungsoo's mother following him behind.

He saw Myungsoo was laying on his bed but what he didn't understand that his chest didn't move at all, it feels like he didn't breathing. Sungyeol then turned to Myungsoo's mother who cried silently before handed a small box. There are  two silver rings when he opened the box.

"He's dead. My son's dead!" his mother said before hugged Sungyeol who were frozen in his place.

Myungsoo's mother told him that yesterday night Myungsoo who was riding his motorcycle was hit by a car while trying to go to Sungyeol's house. He suffered severe brain damage and the doctor couldn't save him.

Sungyeol approaches Myungsoo's dead body while crying uncontrollably and continued to mutter a word of apology to his lover. Now he realised who he really love after Myungsoo's gone forever. He pushed away the person who truly love him for a person who love him half-heartedly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"