The cleaning

The cleaning

Sunshine went through the window, coffee aroma filled his nostrils and for once no alarm waking him up. 

Seungho traces the empty pillow next to him and sighs, getting out of bed and slipping on one of the two slippers at the end of their … his bed. 

Tomorrow  he thinks as he uses his side of the sink, the second toothbrush next to his mocking him like usual. Tomorrow I’ll throw it out. 

Hot water runs down his skin and memories of hands and lips all over his body come back to him, showering was his favorite activity, their favorite place to enjoy each other’s scent before a long day of being apart and reuniting at the end of the day. Now every shower he takes those fingers ghost over his body even though the touch is fading day after day. 

His own hand doesn’t feel as good, it’s too familiar, no surprise twist at the head or a tight hold at the base. His fingers are grabbing the slippery shower wall instead of warm skin. Even his after glow is gone too fast as the water goes cold and there’s no hot breath in the crook of his neck to keep him warm. 

A towel goes around his waist and he stops for a second to smell the other purple towel next to it, even though six months of it being abandoned deprived it of that special scent.

"You’re pathetic" Byunghee’s voice rings in his head. His best friends had got into too many arguments with him to make him clean up. “You need the closure” Byunghee had told him. 

Determined he grabs a box, but the calender on the wall stops him. There’s a red circle on February 14th. He used to like this date, saying it saved him trouble of picking two gifts, that the entire world celebrated their anniversary. But now it just shattered his heart even more. 

A knock on the door and a call for breakfast got him out of his daze, he dropped the box down. 

"Later, I’ll throw it out later"