Chapter 7

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

Unsure Deal

 

 

A week had passed, and in the week, Chanyeol and Eunji didn’t talk. Chanyeol is afraid to approach her. But now, he has the courage and he can’t take it anymore. He can’t ignore Eunji any longer.

The bell rang.

Class is over, but not Chanyeol’s day. He saw Eunji walk out of the classroom and he immediately followed. Eunji went down the building without noticing that Chanyeol is following her. When she’s about to turn to the road leading to the girls dorm, Chanyeol finally called her name

 

“Eunji-ah”

 

She stopped and looks at him. She actually missed him, his jokes and his loud laugh. She just stared at him as he walks closer to her

“Uhm, I… just want to say sorry. For what I’ve said last week.”

“It’s okay, I’m sorry too”

“So we’re okay now?” Chanyeol ask and Eunji nodded

“Yes! Uhm, do you want to grab some bubble tea? It’s my treat”

 

Then Chanyeol notice two students walking to them, Eunji look back and saw Baekhyun and Bomi.

“Hey guys!” Bomi cheerfully said “Oh you’re okay now?” She asked as she wung her arms over Eunji’s shoulder

“Yeah, Eunji let’s go”

“Wait, where are you going?” Baekhyun asked

“Bubble tea shop”

“Can we go too?” Bomi asked Eunji

“Of course” Eunji smiled

“Yehey! Let’s go! Chanyeol’s treat!” Bomi shouted

“Yah I’m only treating Eunji”

“Eyy don’t spoil the fun” Bomi then pulled Chanyeol’s arms and they walked ahead, even if Chanyeol doesn’t want to. He can’t do anything and just glance at Eunji and Baekhyun.

 

Eunji’s is awkward at first; she was surprised by Bomi’s action. And now that she’s left with Baekhyun, she doesn’t know what to do. Then Baekhyun started walking so she just followed him, just right behind him. But then she noticed that Baekhyun slowed his pace and soon, they were walking beside each. She glance at Baekhyun who is surprisingly looking at too.

“Why?” He asked

“Uhm… nothing”

“Why are you being quiet? Should you be clinging at me right now?”

“Huh?”

“You always do that before right? Clinging to my arms whenever you saw me”

“Ah…I think …you might feel uncomfortable with it”

“Okay, look at them”

Eunji look ahead of them and saw Bomi playfully clinging to Chanyeol, who is pushing her away. Bomi then would hit him playfully. The two were laughing at each other, maybe also sharing jokes.

 

Soon they reached the bubble tea shop. They went to a table by the window. Bomi immediately sat near the window and Baekhyun sat across her. Eunji is about to sit beside Bomi but Bomi pulled Chanyeol to sit beside her which surprised her. Again.

“Are you just going to stand there?” Baekhyun suddenly grabs her arm and let her sit.

“I’m sorry”

“Okay, Chanyeol, order now” Bomi said

“Okay but I’m only treating Eunji”

“Aish, you have no heart” Bomi and Chanyeol started bickering.

“Eunji, excuse me” Baekhyun said, Eunji stand up for a while so Baekhyun can get up his seat. They thought that he would just go to the bathroom but he went to the counter instead, and the three just watch him.

Soon he went back to their table with two bubble tea. Bomi and Eunji knew that it’s for Chanyeol. Eunji is about to stand up but Baekhyun let her sit down by the window. Baekhyun then sit beside her, in front of Chanyeol.

“He just likes to be near Chanyeol” Eunji thought, but she was surprised when Baekhyun pushed one of his bubble teas in front of her.

“Huh?”

“That’s for you” Baekhyun said without looking at her and just drink his bubble tea

“T-thank you” She said

“Why are you not ordering?” Baekhyun suddenly said to Chanyeol, who is also surprised by his actions.

“Baekhyun treated Eunji, so you have to treat me too” Bomi said to Chanyeol

“Aish fine” Chanyeol said and stand up.

As of now, Eunji is really bothered of what’s happening. Baekhyun’s is being extra nice to her today. Just like when they first met and before she confessed. And Bomi, it feels like she knows something.

When Chanyeol is gone, Eunji look at Bomi and Bomi winked at her. And she’s sure, Bomi knows why Baekhyun is being nice to her.

 

After a while, Chanyeol came back. They all drink their tea while talking, but it is obvious that only Bomi is the one carrying the conversation. If she’s not here, the three would be in silence.

After a while, they all decided to get back to the dorm. Since their dorms are in different ways, before Chanyeol and Baekhyun take a turn, Eunji called Baekhyun

“Baekhyun”

“oh?”

“Thank you”

“tss, don’t mind it” He said and turn around, leaving Eunji and Bomi.

 

The two girls then went back to their dorms too; they were on the third floor where Bomi’s room is. Bomi turned to Eunji to say goodbye.

“Bomi” Eunji spoke before Bomi

“Neh?”

“Can we…talk” Eunji ask, it’s now or never. She needs to confirm everything.

“Of course and we are already talking. What is it?”

Instead of answering her, Eunji hold her wrist and pulled her to the rooftop. Bomi is surprised by it.

“Eunji ah, what’s wrong?”

“Bomi-ah. Why?”

“What why? Eunji what’s happening to you” Bomi is getting worried, and she can see that Eunji is about to cry

“Why are you doing this?”

“Eunji I don’t understand”

“Do you like Baekhyun?” Eunji asked and Bomi widen her eyes, it took her sometime before answering

“Baekhyun is my friend, of course I like him”

“Let me rephrase, do you STILL like Baekhyun? Not just as a friend”

“Eunji…”

“Before, you said that your crush is someone I don’t know. But then, I learn that’s it’s Baekhyun”

“Where did you—”

“But it’s true right?”

“I’m sorry”

“Bomi why did you lie?”

“Bacause you said that you like him”

“Bomi it’s just a mere crush! I don’t mind if it you like him too? I’m actually more hurt at the fact that you lied. That you didn’t tell me? And you called me your bestfriend then?”

“I’m… sorry” Bomi mumbled

“But why do you need to do this? Why are you doing this again?”

“What?”

“Why are you hurting yourself? You have done this before. You always tease me to him and make sure that we’ll have time together and now you’re doing it again. Bomi, don’t you feel how much I’m hurting inside? I feel like I’ve not been a good friend. I’m hurting you”

“Do you really want to know why?” Bomi then sighed heavily before continuing “Maybe you’re right, before it’s just a mere crush. But then I noticed that Baekhyun is really being close to you. Yes he is funny and friendly, but I know that he treated you differently than me. When you said that he’s your crush, I don’t know, maybe I felt jealous? I’m just a kid so I don’t know. That time, I also know that you’re going to leave at the end of the summer. As your friend, I want you to be happy. So you are with us, I make sure that you and Baekhyun will be closer”

“So you pitied me?”

“You can say that, but to me it’s not. When Chorong unni said that I lost contact with them after we graduated, it’s not all true. I lost contact with her, but not with Baekhyun. In fact we even went to the same middle school. There I realized that my feelings for him grow. At the start of our last year in middle school I confessed to him” Bomi said and Eunji widen her eyes.

“But you know what? He rejects me. After that, he started ignoring me. He ignored me until our graduation.  Before our family moved to Japan, I tried to talk to him, I told him to wait for me, but he said that he’s not going to wait and for me to move on. HE said that he won’t ever like me because he likes guys and not girls. I thought that it was just his lame reason so I don’t believe it. After two years, I came back and entered this school, because I know that he’s here. But I don’t expect to meet you here too.”

 

“I came back for him, but you’re here too. I was so shocked to see you here and to find out that what he said to me before is true. And to be honest with you, yes I still like him. Just like you, my feelings for him grow deeper”

Eunji kep quiet, trying to process in her mind al of what Bomi said

“But you know, I’m wondering about something”

“What is it?”

“I talk to our classmates, asking them about you and Baekhyun. They all said that you look good together. They also said that you always do things just for Baekhyun to notice you. That you are really serious about your mission to make him a straight guy. But since I came here, I never once saw you do a move. You talk to him yes, but it’s not what like they told me”

“It’s because of you. When I met him back on the freshmen assembly, I was so surprised and actually I keep thinking how to approach him or if I would even approach him. But then he remembered me and he even started the conversation. We became friends again and my feeling get deeper for him so I confessed and you know the rest. But then you came, since I know that you like Baekhyun before, I don’t know if I should continue liking him. I know that you like him so I’m confused of your actions today”

“To be honest I don’t really know why I did that. You’re right, I’m hurting myself, but you’re my friend too”

“Even if you that for me, it would bother my conscience every night. I can’t continue with this if I know that you’re hurting” Eunji said

“So what do you want? A fair fight?”

“Huh?”

“I think I can’t give up on Baekhyun that easily, just like how you don’t give up on him all these years. And if you’re bothered by my actions then fine, I won’t do it anymore. Let’s have a fair fight. Let’s make him fall for a girl, let’s make him a guy again”

“But what about our friendship?”

“I’m still considering you as my bestfriend. Let’s see how this works, Eunji-ah” Bomi said and pit her hands infront of Eunji, waiting for a handshake

“Okay” Eunji joined Bomi’s hand for a handshake “May the best girl wins” 

 

They both chuckled, it’s funny and weird, how they can smile that time even if they know that sooner or later, they have to face the consequence.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

The development of this story is so slow. I hate myself. I don't even know what I'm writing now okay.

Please comment of what you think about this story, I'm losing my inspiration in continuing this OTL