~Chapter 2~

The boy in the ceiling. -- REWRITTEN ON ACCOUNT --

FINALLY UPDATED! :D

JR POV

I still couldnt comprehend it. There had been a boy living in my roof for who knows how long and i never noticed?! We were currently being brought into the police station for questioning, obviously. I mean, A BODY FELL FROM MY ROOF. MY ROOF. I felt shaking beside me as we are ordered in, Aron kept silent as a tall, thin, brown haired officer guided us to a room where we would be recorded. 

"I am officer Choi." He says to us, his badge said Choi Minho. "Please take a seat." He says and points to a row of 5 chairs. He sits on the oppisite side of the table as we take our seats. "This conversation will be recorded, are you comfortable with that?' He says. We all nod in unison. "So as we  understand, you were all coming downstairs when the ceiling collpased?" "Yes." Ren says before i do. "We were going down for breakfast." Officer writes something on his note pad. "And as you have told us, you didnt know he was in the roof?" "No, not until he fell through it. No one had ever been up into the attic." I explained to him. "We had no reason to go up there." I say. "All our electrical work is in the laudry room." "I see."

It took about 4 hours of boring questions that kept getting repeated. They then sent us home, But Aron, being his curious self, asked if he could seee the boy in hospital. With another 5 minutes, an officer told him we could go see him. Ren wasnt particulary keen but i was. We were kindly given a lift by Officer Choi to the private hospital and escorted to the emergency wards. We were told to wait outside of the room while the nurses were still getting him stable. 

"I feel terrible." Ren speaks up, he hadnt let go of my hand since we got to the police station."Hm? Why?" i asked, looking at him, his head was down and he had let his bangs fall. "We had left him up there for so long and never knew about it.. We could;ve helped him earlier. I feel like a horrible person." He lets my hand go and gets up. "I'm gonna go for a walk." I watch his thin figure walk off, he had since gotten changed before going out in public. Black skinny jeans and a tight, white, desginer long sleeve shirt to go over that. He had a little pony tail keeping a small portion of his bleached hair in place. He turned a corner and i lost sight of him. I looked at Aron, elbows rested against his knees and head resting on his hands. "How could he have survived up there?" he mumbles. "There were cans up there." I say. "He could've lived on tinned food." "Like a cat?" He says, looking at me. 

"Yeah, basically." I answer and sit in silence, I listened to the waiting room music. Nose, Eyes, Lips was on at the moment. I hummed along with it, i didnt really sing though. That was Rens thing. Aron and i were more of Rappers. It seemed like hours before a nurse came out and asked out names and to see our paperwork. Aron passed her the papers Officer Choi said we had to provide. "It says there are 3 of you." She says, reading it. "There was, but he went off. We dont know where." i tell her. She nods in thought before allowing us in. Arons steps seemed to speed up a little as we got in. I go over to the bed where the boy was lying. He had been stripped of the clothes he was hanging with and replaced with a hospital gown.

His arms and legs were covered in deep scars. He had a lot of machines connected to him, he had a cast on his left arm and a jaw sling. "Poor thing." Aron whispers. The boys hair was matted with what i would like to think was jam but knew perfectly well it wasnt. "His condition is pretty stable at the moment." A nurse breaks the silence. "He is breathing well and he has been given fluids. But he is extrememly malnourished. And due to his body state he will need rehabilitation in a special clinic." "Do you know what happened to him?" I asked. "We have a fair idea of what happened. His state shows that he was a subject of constant and torture. There are acid burns on the insides of his liver and stomach as well as burn scars on his back and bone breakages." 

He had been tortured and living in my roof and i never knew! "That's .. terrible." Aron says, sounding disgusted. Someone had abused, starved and a young looking boy. He looked around 17. I felt terrible for him, i wish i could've found him sooner. "He also looks to have a severe depression problem." She says and gently pulls up the gown to show his thigh, there were horrid words carved into his skin. Words like; '' '' 'Freak' It made me almost throw up. I could never imagine Minki or Aron doing that to themselves. I shuddered and she covered it back up. "We dont know what his name is, there have been no indications towards his identity." She says with a sigh. Aron was around the other side of the boy, investigating his face. "Doesnt he look familiar?" He speaks up. "Jonghyun, do you remember when we were 13 and that boy went missing from our neighbourhood. He looks just like this." He says quickly. I looked over. "H-he does! He looks exactly like him!" I remembered that because Aron and I got really worried about being abducted in the night and would sleep together with y traps in my room. "What was his name?" he asks. I chewed my lip and tried to remember. "M-Min something." 

"Minhyun." Ren says from the door. "Minhyun? Was it?" I asked, i hadnt met Ren until i was 16 but i guess he must've known about it. "Hwang Minhyun. I was friends with his sister for a while." He says and comes to my side. I nodded, "His parents gave up looking for him about 2 years ago when they couldnt find him at all." He says to me. "I'm afraid you're all gonna have to go." A nurse says. "It's past visiting hours." "C-could i stay the night?' Aron asked the nurse. "Staythe night.. Sir i dont know if you are allowed due to the paitents condition. I'll talk with the head doctor about it." SHe says and leaves. I look at Aron. "Since when were you so interested?" Ren asks. "I'm not, i just want to know more. And maybe if he needs rehabilitation, i can help." 

"Help? How would you help?" Rens question comes out insensitive. "I dont know, but maybe i could." He says strongly. "Okay girls, stop fighting." I say. The nurse comes back and takes Aron to fill out paperwork. Ren and I bid our friends goodbye before leaving the hospital and begin our walk home.


A/N 
Finally i updated! Sorry for the wait. Dont worry, there will be some MInRon action soon enough. ;)
ALSO WHO IS EXCITED FOR NU'ESTS COME BACK!? :D
 
~ Soapie